Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Stage Scoring Table Feedback and Wish List

Overall I like the new game design. I just saw the scoring tables and I was a little disappointed that the scoring changed. I kind of liked the straight forward point system at the end of a race, from 20 to 1 points for the stage results. It had a feeling of being 'fair'. Any chance you might consider going back to the old system? Or go 'down'on the points awarded to a max of 25 for the first rider in?

By the way:

1. What does 'Points TBC' mean?
2. Out of curiousity, is the new scoring for the TDU reflective of the actual points in the real race? Is that the way points are awarded during the real race?
3. I wish we could have just 4 domestiques, instead of 5.
4. FOR THREE WEEK RACES: I actually miss the limits based on rider type. I woudn't mind if you could only choose ONE sprinter a day and ONE GC guy a day.

I'll wait and see how it pans out, but I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks, though, it's a beautiful design and a fun game!  1

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

98 comments

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have a transfer question too. If I roll two transfers over, so I have 4 total the next day, are my rolled over transfers the first to be used so if I made three transfers the next day would that be my two rolled over transfers plus one leaving one to be rolled forward OR would my normal transfers be used first making two normal transfers plus one rolled over from the previous day (meaning I had a rolled over transfer remaining which would then be lost).

I know its semantics but it might crop up fairly quickly and the rules weren't 100% clear.

Ta

orli | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've got some questions about transfers:

Here's some situations I wanted to clarify:

1. If I have two available but I don't use them on race day, is there a place where I will be reminded I have two I didn't use from the current stage and the two for the next day? Will my 'Free Transfers' section on my Game page then read '4' for the next stage?

2. If I only use one transfer a day, would I then have a rolling total of three transfers every day?

3. I don't use my 2 free transfers on a stage. The next day is a rest day. Does that mean that after the rest day I'll have 6 transfers? Now, if I don't use any of them the day after the rest day, only two of the six I had will roll over right? So, on the following day I'd have 4 transfers available, right?

2 Just a little confused!  1

portu | 12 years ago
0 likes

I can't believe I went to the riders page - and you had already added the info! That was quick! Wow! Thanks, Dave!  1

orli replied to portu | 12 years ago
0 likes
nina... wrote:

Out of curiousity, is the new scoring for the TDU reflective of the actual points in the real race? Is that the way points are awarded during the real race?

I think it'd be fun if the game awarded points exactly as the races do!  1

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

What does 'Points TBC' mean?

to be confirmed. which will be next week.

as to all the other changes, well, no. we listened to everyone's suggestions and we did what we thought would work best based on those and our own experiences of last year's game. so the game we're playing this year is, well, this one. some people seem to think it's better, some aren't so sure. i guess time will tell and this time next year we'll no doubt tweak it. Although I won't be rebuilding it again. no sir.

Quote:

I'd like to see the rider values - and their 'TYPE' - PC, KM, GC, etc - on the page at first glance instead of having to click on each rider to see their value, Thanks!

i'll add that in.

portu | 12 years ago
0 likes

I don't know if this the right place to request this, but:

On the page:

http://fantasy.road.cc/riders

I'd like to see the rider values - and their 'TYPE' - PC, KM, GC, etc - on the page at first glance instead of having to click on each rider to see their value, Thanks!

enrique replied to portu | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

TdF is due to open on the 17th  3

portu wrote:

...On the page:

http://fantasy.road.cc/riders

Dave, I expect a barrage of criticism for asking, but, since I cut and paste a lot, this page works better for me to check out against start lists than the 'Rankings' page.

The reason for that is that, with the new buttons, if you wanted to copy only the riders in the çurrent competition, when you paste it elsewhere ALL (!) the riders in the game get pasted. I guess it's because the buttons 'hide' riders from the view rather than 'remove' them from the whole list.

Would you consider adding a column to this page (http://fantasy.road.cc/riders) for current rider values? I know, it's a prety self-centered, egotistical request, but (!), it doesn't hurt to ask, does it?  1 Thanks!  1

enrique replied to enrique | 10 years ago
0 likes
portu wrote:

...On the page http://fantasy.road.cc/riders

Dave, I still like this page a lot. You can see all the riders in the competition on one page, and, since I cut and paste a lot, this page works better for me to check out against start lists than the 'Rankings' page.

The reason is that in the current 'Rankings' page you can't copy only the riders in the çurrent competition. When you try to copy just the riders from the current competition it pastes all the riders in the game. Which is well over 2,000 riders.

Would you consider adding a column to this page (http://fantasy.road.cc/riders) for current rider values? Thanks!  1

Pages

Latest Comments