Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 19 La Vuelta

So a shorter one today, after calling a truce yesterday, Cobo and Froome will be hard at it today again with another sprint just 20km in, Froome will be looking to get it if there is no break, To me, Sky have the power to keep a break from getting away, so why not use it to get a time bonus, either that or send one of the not so great sky riders into the back of Cobo's wheel, send him tumbling and then drill it so he's no chance to get back on  19

http://skysports.html.infostradasports.com/asp/lib/event/tour/index.asp?...

If Froome cant improve today, then with the two cat 1's tomorrow he's going to have to thump it up them and hope someone burst's Cobo's tyre

So who's your main man today? I've got 2 in my team, but 1 most likely wont be allowed to get into a break, not that a break will hold onto the end  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

49 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

There is no way the pack are going to close down for the sprint, no points for them at all today, break will sweep them all up apart from maybe the second time they climb the cat 2

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

57km and peloton closing to 4 mins 59 secs with the first of the 2nd cat climbs coming up. There's a sprint point after the 2nd cat so the GC teams might be lining up their teams for bonus secs.

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

64km to go and peloton down to 5 mins 22 secs, still 4 out front.

Stumps | 12 years ago
0 likes

There's only 14kms to the end after the 2nd cat, perhaps Froome might get Wiggins to try and blast it up the 2nd cat and time trial it home, dont think Cobo could live with that, but then again he has lived with everything else.

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

escape at 5:50, no-one chasing yet.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cat.3 Puerto de las Muñecas 59.5 km
1 I. Antón (EUS) 3
2 Verdugo (EUS) 2
3 Dyachenko (AST) 1

Alan Tullett | 12 years ago
0 likes

put in Verdugo as well. Thought about Anton but wasn't sure he's be that many places above Wiggins even if he did win. Beginning to change my mind now, but we'll see.

On another note anyone tried the game Zweelers. You pay for a team, €1 for this stage, get 15 riders from various groups and play for prizes, €50 for top of stage. Got Anton for that but took out Verdugo this morning for Montaguti and left in Txurruka instead. Damn!!

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Cat.3 Puerto de la Granja 42 km
1 Bruseghin (MOV) 3
2 Verdugo (EUS) 2
3 I. Antón (EUS) 1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I should have listened to myself

Gkam84 wrote:

If Montaguti goes, Moncoutie will go with, so i think he's knackered now, If Anton is on form, he'll be away aswell

Mollema and Rabo wont be letting ANY breaks get away until after 20km cause thats where the first sprint is

That was lastnight, Got the Mollema and Rabo spot on and Anton in the break  31

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Good call Gkam, never saw your advice to be honest, my loss, still he wont score too many points unless the break stays away for the win

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Leader(s) - 4 riders
118 Bruseghin (ITA, MOV) +9:58
51 I. Antón (ESP, EUS) +52:44
57 Verdugo (ESP, EUS) +54:39
138 Dyachenko (KAZ, AST) +2:47:54

max. lead 03m22s

Who's looking like a smart ass now  26 I said 2 Euski's and Verdugo would be one  19 Yesterday night i said if Anton was on form he would break aswell, but didn't want to put him in  3

simon F | 12 years ago
0 likes

Verdugo looking a good move - 2mins ahead with Igor Anton, Bruseghin and Dyachenko.

0 likes

haha you took out lastras and i bought him in, oops

poor effort from sky to let mollema take more bonus seconds

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Withdrawals
77 Martin (GER, THR), Did not start

Tony Martin didn't bother his ass to start  19 He'll be off to practice this TT skills

My transfers lastnight

Stage 84 IN:Gorka VERDUGO MARCOTEGUI OUT:Pablo LASTRAS GARCIA
Stage 84 IN:Mikel NIEVE ITURALDE OUT:Jakob FUGLSANG

simon F | 12 years ago
0 likes

First sprint:-
J-Rod
De La Fuente
Mollema

0 likes

Also i think froome and sky need to go for the first sprint today looking at how close to the start it is

0 likes

well ive kept montaguti incase and replaced poels with lastras, my allrounders are martin and ive brought in sagan as he should have enough to be there at the end today

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well Moreno and Nieve wont be getting into a break, but i have them  19 Verdugo in the break, at least 2 Euki's

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

To me, Sky have the power to keep a break from getting away, so why not use it to get a time bonus, either that or send one of the not so great sky riders into the back of Cobo's wheel, send him tumbling and then drill it so he's no chance to get back on.

Something tells me that might be deemed as slightly unethical.

My men for today? LL Sanchez, Moreno and Nieve.

Pages

Latest Comments