Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

How many changes?

How many changes can I make tonight? I thought I could change only 2 riders but it seems that I can make unlimited change... maybe you have changed the rules because today has finished DL and you have thought 2 changes are very little...

Could you say how many changes can we make? I don't want to make 9 changes and after two hours to read that there is a problem with the program and I must reset my changes...

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

49 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

See thats why i'm not happy because of the people like above who had a squad loaded for the DL and were going to lose out over those of us who make some changes to see we picked up points in the TdS, now they dont lose out on anything and have the best of best races

The other thing that concerns me is that amount of people who might not fill their team with TdS riders, because normally after an "unlimited" transfer period it is followed by, "if you dont have a full team you dont score anything"

Dseddon1 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm over it, I was annoyed cause I could have earned more points today having made a couple of changes that I wouldn't have otherwise made. Now I've ended up with a much stronger squad than I would have ever had this week given limited transfers. I was one of the ones that had a dauphine heavy squad so its in my favour.

I'd be bothered if there was money involved and we had to pay for this.

No worries. Keep up the good work Dave.

...hang on, Dave you didnt 'accidentally' do this cause you had a dauphine heavy squad did you  3 #perksofrunningtheshow

welshboy29 | 12 years ago
0 likes

yeah I think yr right guys, I used the transfers to get a full TDS squad for tomorrow when I got rid of some gd DL riders. Its a right mess tbh. Moving the goalposts spring to mind. Some people can gain massively on this.

durhamwasp | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah im in the resetting it camp. As currently i can't make any transfers and have only 1 rider in the TdS while others have the full quota...

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Not happy because it now benefits the people who took a chance leaving more riders in the DL and not having a full squad for the TdS, i used the 4 changes to make sure i had some in the TdS but if i knew this was going to happen, i would have kept most of my riders in the DL

If i had kept them in, i would have scored a bucket load today over those who had swapped

Do you not have a backup made daily at the end of the stage before the transfers kick in? So you could just do a roll back to say 5pm today, no changes would have been made, everyone would still have the same team, could just implement the points again and then we only have the 2 transfers?

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

okay, so here's what happened:

1) yes, it was meant to be 2 transfers.

2) the bit of script that swaps the transfer page for the unlimited page had this stage down as an unlimited stage, unbeknownst to me although obviously it's my doing. Possibly from the very early days of coding the game when I didn't realise that the two tours overlapped.

So, it's stuck up the 'pick your team' page, and plenty of people have taken advantage of the game's kind offer. And others of you are a bit pissed off because your strategy got a bit. I feel your pain.

The options are a) reset all changes and implement the two-transfer limit, and b) leave it as it is and we'll chalk it up to experience. of the two i'm going for b) because resetting everyone's team is a complicated business and, strategy or no, at least we can all pick a decent team for the rest of the TDS.

Apologies for the mix up. Another one for the big list for next year ...

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

Did my 2 transfers as planned.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

No, it was only 2 transfers today. 4 yesterday and 4 the day before

tpb1 replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

No, it was only 2 transfers today. 4 yesterday and 4 the day before

ah yes- got my days mixed up!

0 likes

of course it won't really make a difference to whether I'll win or not LOL!  4  4

TomL | 12 years ago
0 likes

I reserve that option for the morning :0)

Gkam84 replied to TomL | 12 years ago
0 likes
TomL wrote:

I reserve that option for the morning :0)

You may not have that option by the morning, so if you change your team out now, the worst thing that can happen is it gets changed back and then you have to make the 2 changes that you made just now

0 likes

I shall be so annoyed if its unlimited transfers tonight cos the stage listings stated 4 for todays cross over stage and then I'm sure it said 4 before tomorrow's stage so I compromised my roster for the final stage today believing that I wouln't have a tds team if I didn't change 4 out for stage 36 and then 4 again for stage 37!! I'm sure that lots of us did this!  14

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

TomL, i would get your best team sorted for the TdS incase they just leave it, I do hope they change ALL teams back to the start of the day and enforce the 2 changes only, because some teams took a chance with more points in the DL and wont have a full team for the TdS tomorrow even with the 2 transfers  4

TomL | 12 years ago
0 likes

I've done my allowed 2 changes rather than picking a top team.
I bet they are all watching the F1...

I'm sure it'll be sorted soon.

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yh i have done now, although still not sure how happy i am with the team but nevermind

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh yeah, forgot to say, I'm very angry if it is the case, but i have taken advantage to get a strong line up for the rest of the TdS  4

Get yourself sorted now, if it is a mistake, i guess my team will be reset, but wont gain anything if you dont change

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeh me to Gkam, not happy about this

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Should be only 2 transfers, If not i will be very angry because i could have kept my DL team until today  14

Pages

Latest Comments