Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bickerton Docklands vs. Tern Joe C21

Hi, I'd be interested in members' opinions on this.

My much-loved Dahon Jack full-sized wheel folding bike got stolen three weeks ago when someone I know left it unsecured. Now looking to replace it and as Dahon don't make Jacks any more (sadly) my main alternatives are either the Bickerton Docklands or the Tern Joe C21. Anyone have any opinion on which is the better ride/better quality, or about faults to look out for?

I did briefly consider a Montague Cross Town, but it folds differently and would be a hassle taking on a train as you have to take the front wheel off and also it wouldn't fit the storage space in my flat.

Would be very grateful for your thoughts.

PS If anyone sees a black Dahon Jack they think might be stolen, in Oxford, or anywhere in the south east, please let me or the Police know... It's traceable.

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Deeferdonk | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm afraid i haven't got any experience of full size folding bikes so can't comment but was curious why you aren't considering the smaller wheeled brompton/dahons etc which be better for taking on trains and storage?

Deeferdonk | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm afraid i haven't got any experience of full size folding bikes so can't comment but was curious why you aren't considering the smaller wheeled brompton/dahons etc which be better for taking on trains and storage?

Latest Comments