Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Any information on Full carbon Rider Team bike?

Hi everyone, 

I'm quite new here and also a bit of a beginner in road cycling. I've been cycling regularly on a Giant Peleton (fully 400EX equiped) for 3 over years now and feel like there is some room for improvement. I have found an interesting bike for sale near me but could not find any information on this bike except what is listed in the ad. 

The ad says it is a Rider Team bike, with a full carbon frame and alu fork equiped with the following:

Wheels : Rigida DP18 met high aero rim
Sadel : Bassano Vuelta Italy Margane
tyres : Michelin Krylion
brakes: Shimano 600 tricolor
Transmission: Shimano 600 tricolor, integrated in brake levers
Crank : Shimano 600 tricolor

//gdurl.com/kjJa)

//gdurl.com/ZvDC)

These are the only pictures they show but its a dealer and they always show 2 similar pictures of every bike. Its for sale for 329 euros which could be quite a good deal but does any of you have any idea about the quality of this bike as i could find nothing using google? 

Thanks in advance

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

BehindTheBikesheds | 6 years ago
0 likes

That has a definite 'Kestrel' look to it but don't think it is but would say it's early 90s if the componentry came as stock. It might well havedone some races but a pro would have being using DA 7400STIs.

I had a carbon composite Aero frame as per my userpic and was also quill stem fitting. That had DA 7400 STIs groupset but the forks on mine were CF with a steel threaded steerer, don't be surprised if the forks aren't alu.

If it isn't going for silly money snap it up and ride it (after checking it over for cracks/damage of course), it could end up being something pretty rare and worth a bob or two to a collector.

If it will be better than the peleton in ride is unknown, obviously the STIs offer some advantages and the wheels/kit are fine, the chain is a little on the long side though and needs a couple of links taking out to take up the slack in the small/small combination.

Hope it works out for you.

LukeM1 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Fixed the pictures which didn't work at first. I would really like some help with this bike.

Latest Comments