Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Get out at the weekend?

I managed a century, but only if you add the two rides I did together  4

Wet but mild down my way, muddy too. Bit of a pain cleaning the bike afterwards which set me thinking about possibly getting a winter training bike (not that I'm training for anything).  39

I see Dasy got out, but what about the rest of you?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

DaSy | 15 years ago
0 likes

My Saturday ride was a nice briskish century, but taking in all the hills in the area of note. It was very windy on the Downs, but a nice ride.

Sunday I got out early and was feeling okay so thought I'd do a 40 mile loop. After the first hour I was feeling really strong and back to how I felt before this poxy virus started a month ago. I ended up flying round a 55 mile loop, if it wasn't for the fact my missus had plans for me, I would have made it a second century.

dave atkinson replied to DaSy | 15 years ago
0 likes

Turns out i'm at home looking after the kids while my wife gallivants off to London to watch some show about a stripy coat. pft. so no MC for me next week either. Unless i do it with the kids in a trailer  19  19

Simon replied to dave atkinson | 15 years ago
0 likes

Do it with the kids in a trailer !!!! - must be worth at least double points I.M.H.O

dave atkinson replied to Simon | 15 years ago
0 likes

not sure daisy and joel would thank me for a half-day epic in sub-zero temperatures...

Simon | 15 years ago
0 likes

Me / we too managed a century (just about) but spread it over 2 days - weather pretty much spot on considering time of year. Training bike? the better half would kill me if another bike 'appeared' - my wife doesn't understand me !!

Mr Sock replied to Simon | 15 years ago
0 likes

To solve the wife/too many bikes conundrum was to buy another bike that looked, to the relatively untrained eye, much the same as my existing bike (ie blue) and not to leave them in the same place. If questioned I could then say… "no that's my usual bike, just left it in the shed…"  44

It nearly worked… turned out that after 15 years of living with me, Mrs Sock knew a bit more about bikes than I'd given her credit for.  22

As for the riding? More like a three quarter century spread over two days.

Denzil Dexter | 15 years ago
0 likes

Thorn used to do a fixed winter trainer - think that's long gone now, Condor do a nice one though.

Me got out for a nice blast Sunday morning… burnt a few hundred calories on the way out  1

Put 'em all back on at the tea stop, oh and Sunday lunch  20

Luckily I've got the commute…

dave atkinson | 15 years ago
0 likes

Not me - had my lad's christening over the weekend which meant a house full of people, a stomach full of party food and a skinful of red wine ...  1

Planning my November century for saturday though, gonna go out to the old Severn bridge and back I think. if we scoot out to the middle of the estuary it should push us over the 100k mark.

Latest Comments