Join us for our annual cycle challenge featuring our "King of the Mytons" Timed Hill Climb Challenge on our 100KM and 100 MILES routes or choose our 50KM leisure ride. Who will be the KING & QUEEN of the MYTONS 2016?
What’s new for 2016?
- Our updated 100 mile route will test even the most seasoned riders earning you the coveted bench mark of a “Century Ride”
- Our “King of the Mytons” TEAM CHALLENGE will give you and your club mates the opportunity of winning our soon to be coveted trophy for the quickest aggregate time of your FOUR quickest team riders to safely summit our Hill Climb Challenge.
100KM and 150KM Sportive Routes:
Cycling in the glorious rolling Warwickshire countryside both routes will offer a challenging but picturesque ride through chocolate box villages and leafy lanes. Taking in a couple of moderate climbs to get your legs warmed up you will then face our "King of the Mytons" hill climb challenge where your goal is to reach the summit safely in the best time possible to have a chance of earning our coveted title of King and Queen of the Mytons, a unique Winners Jersey and trophy.
The ride will then separate and the 100KM will make their way back home over rolling countryside whereas the Century riders will have a little further to go and over some more challenging terrain. (read HILLS! and lots of them)
The 100KM route will take in just over 3,000 feet of climbing and the 100 Mile route will take in a more hefty 6,000 plus feet of climbing including some significant gradients.
If suffering is not your style then the Hill Climb challenge can be bypassed on the 100KM route making it an achievable challenge for most but no such luck with the 100 Mile route, Im afraid there is nowhere to hide from those hills!
Our exclusive King of the Mytons Challenge is designed to add some "Light-hearted" competition to the ride and we expect all riders to take part in this spirit. The guidelines for selecting a winner are as follows:
- Both routes will complete the same mileage up to the hill climb challenge
- The quickest male, female and team riders will be selected by means of timing mats at the start and finish of the climb.
- In the event of a tie-breaker the winners will be the one who records the quickest average time from start of the ride to the summit of the climb.
- Riders must complete their chosen route in full
- Reckless and bad-mannered riding will not be tolerated and if witnessed the rider will be disqualified from the King of the Mytons Challenge.
- Choice of 100 Miles (Century ride), 100KM or 50Km Waymarked routes on ROAD
- GPX file downloads will be available closer to the day
- Maps and Route cards available on the day
- Marshall points on all routes
- Chip timing on all routes
- Well stocked Feed Stations on all routes
- Water and Bananas prior to ride and at Marshall Points
- Event Photographer
- King of the Mytons timed hill climb challenge on Century Ride (100 miles) and 100KM routes
- Finisher Medal
- Exclusive "King of The Mytons" and "Queen of the Mytons" Winner Jerseys, individual and team trophies
- BBQ on completion of ride with a complimentary burger for all cyclists
- Activities at headquarters for all the family including bouncy castle, refreshments and music.
- Website Entry - www.mytonhospice.org/cyclechallenge
- Entry On day - Yes if not sold out
- Pre-registered riders will be entered into a Prize Draw to win a Trek 1.1 Bike kindly donated by Mike Vaughan Cycles.
- 50Km route £20
- 100KM route £30
- Century Ride (100 miles) route £30