You may remember the Port-a-Shop toolkit - we tested it back in 2009 and it received high praise, tester Simon Hartwell calling it the "ultimate travel tool-kit that's more than good enough to use at home too". Well now it's even more ultimate, as Lezyne have produced a strictly limited HTC-Highroad edition with even more stuff packed inside, and buying one will help a great cause to boot.
The Port-a-Shop is an excellent toolkit in its standard guise, but this HTC special edition – Lezyne are a sponsor of HTC-Highroad – comes with a Pressure Drive mini pump and SV5 multitool, on top of all the other top-quality spannering devices that the original houses. Everything's finished in natty gold and laser-engraved with the team logo. All in all you get:
- Custom Pressure Drive mini pump, small – black/gold, custom HTC-Highroad etch – pocket sized alloy construction, 120psi rated
- Custom SV5 Multi-tool – black/gold, custom HTC-Highroad etch – rust free stainless lightweight essential multi tool
- Custom Lever Patch Kit –gold, custom HTC-Highroad etch – composite tyre levers and smart patch kit combo
- Custom Allen Block tool –gold, custom HTC-Highroad etch – one piece body, 1.5 – 6mm keys plus 3 L-shaped keys
- Custom Torx Block tool –gold, custom HTC-Highroad etch – one piece body, all the Torx keys you will need
- Custom Multi Block tool – black/gold, custom HTC-Highroad etch – one piece body with more leverage
- Smart Patch Kit (ride with or use to re-load Lever Patch Kit)
- Classic patch kit (repairs a home)
- Power Tyre Levers (composite)
- Saber Levers (stainless steel) tyre lever and pedal spanner with bottle opener
- Chain Drive 10 speed – quality chain tool with 4 spoke wrenches
That little lot should get you out of most scrapes, and secure you tool-god status in the next sportive car park. And while the £149.99 price tag isn't exactly pocket money, you can buy one safe in the knowledge that you're doing some good as well as acquiring some shiny things. Lezyne will be donating proceeds from every sale to Carla’s Circle, the charity that raises money for the family of Carla Swart (HTC-Highroad) who was tragically killed when out training earlier this year.
There's only going to be 250 of these in the UK, and they'll be available through your local Lezyne dealer throughtout the Tour de France. And if you don't need any more tools in your life, but you'd still like to donate, you can do so here.
Dave is a founding father of road.cc and responsible for kicking the server when it breaks. In a previous life he was a graphic designer but he's also a three-time Mountain Bike Bog Snorkelling world champion, and remains unbeaten through the bog. Dave rides all sorts of bikes but tends to prefer metal ones. He's getting old is why.