Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France

Are we allowed to start getting a bit excited yet? Looks to be a more varied route than usual with less of the endless nailed on sprint stages that normally dominate the first week or so (though a run of sprint stages does save on the transfers!) I don't know about the practicality of it, but is there any way of opening the game up using the long lists that most teams already have or just using the full list of riders? It is quite good fun playing about with potential line-ups, especially for the purist game, even knowing that the final roster will probably change. Obviously, if it creates difficulties, I wouldn't want to add to the burden of running the game but, if it doesn't, let's get the TdF party started!   Here are a couple of links to the current state of the start list. https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-france/2022/startlist.                                https://firstcycling.com/race.php?r=17&y=2022&k=8  

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments

• Rendel Harris 2 sec ago

That would be a bit more credible if they hadn't gone all out to try and get Cav the record last year, wouldn't it?

• Mungecrundle 1 hour 30 min ago

Professional advice is always your gold standard. A GP referal is a good place to start but accessing those services can be difficult given the...

• Calc 2 hours 1 min ago

Why the hole?  It's so you are forced to buy their special seatpost.

• d_jp 5 hours 6 min ago

'that was "grippy" / a "grippy" stage' 'i love echelons' ... Adam Blythe

• Lemonyhills 5 hours 19 min ago

These would be ideal for security in the garage, and out and about for our bikes lost two in the past.

• Brauchsel 5 hours 21 min ago

But if it doesn't look like a car's going to pull up, you find someone in the same-coloured top as you and make them give you their bike. 

• dabba 5 hours 56 min ago

I bought an Anker 15w solar panel set to try for touring in Australia. It wasn't a success for me. I tried draping it over the rear panniers while...

• TheBillder 6 hours 21 min ago

I'm running a mid 90s chainset (originally had a 6 speed freewheel) with a 10 speed chain and cassette and it all works very well. I might be wrong...

• capedcrusader 6 hours 37 min ago

Re: Early morning raid on BV....

• 11waterloo 6 hours 50 min ago

Agreed on that, he was definitely part of my first week plans! Not to mention my French riders team - that is in tatters without Le Coq!