Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Torque wrench recommendations please

Pretty sure that my cheapo Lifeline Torque wrench has finally gone out of calibration and not sure if it can be user calibrated. So it's probably time I upgraded but can't choose between the various types so looking for recommendations. This is for very regular use as I do bike repairs for friends and family.

I think I want a click type, and would prefer a ratchet head. I've got a Feedback Sports Range for on-ride use but I really struggle to read the scale on that (aging eyesight) and it's too short for safely applying anything over 6NM in my opinion.

So it's a toss up between the pre-set torque keys (4,5,6Nm) and something similar to the existing Lifeline wrench. I'd prefer a better scale than the Lifeline has got because it's not always clear whether the torque is set correctly. I'd also probably get a cheap split beam type for chain wheels, lockrings, crank bolts, etc.

Thoughts? 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments