Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Is starting a bicycle hobby a good idea?

I just had my bicycle fixed and tuned up by this Brompton bike service London shop I found online. I’m planning on including bicycle rounds on my weekend routine to unwind as work can get stressful sometimes. Do you guys think this is a great idea?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
2 likes

Now is a perfect time to be starting a squirrel hobby. With less people around, they're becoming a bit braver.

Mungecrundle replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
4 likes

The uncle of a bloke I vaguely follow on the internet says that coronavirus is being spread by radioactive squirrels that are making their nests in 5G towers and he should know coz he did technical drawing at school.

hawkinspeter replied to Mungecrundle | 3 years ago
0 likes
OldRidgeback | 3 years ago
3 likes

No, it's a terrible hobby. Once you've started you can't stop. People will tell you they could give up cycling any time. Don't believe them. 

peted76 | 3 years ago
1 like

Colton, you're on a UK forum full of cycling enthusiasts who like nothing better than to come here and talk about helmets, bad car driving, cycling races and squirrels. Me thinks you knew the answer before you submitted the question. Saddle up sir and do some exploring of that thar London on two wheels.

srchar replied to peted76 | 3 years ago
5 likes

That's exactly why he posted the link to his bike repair business here...

mike the bike | 3 years ago
0 likes

Someone (Mark Twain?) said nobody ever returned from a bike ride feeling worse. There's a good deal of truth in that, at least for me.

fukawitribe replied to mike the bike | 3 years ago
2 likes

Clearly they've never come off at any decent speed  ....   3

srchar | 3 years ago
4 likes

I never imagined that fixing bikes for a living would be that stressful.

Latest Comments