Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Severe migraine and vomiting after rides

Hi Guys, not a nice subject but I'm desperate for a solution to my health problem. I'm 53 and a little overweight. I used to play in a heavy metal band, I would only drink pints of water as I would sweat profusely yet still get these migraines, it was one one of the reasons I stopped playing. I took up walking football, again I would sweat a lot so would drink plenty of water, I would end up with migraines. I have got back into cycling and was going great until once again I'm getting these severe migraines and then end up vomiting.

So far I have checked the following:- Eyesight - all is good with the glasses I wear. Electrolights - I used supplements to make sure I was not sweating these out, no change. Hydration - Well I dring plenty so much so that I end up with a clear stream. Heart - My blood pressure has been a little high agreed but my last "attack" was Monday when my blood pressure showed as normal straight after my 18 mile ride. I was laid up for 8 hours until it passed. I'm under the doctor but I'm not convinced that they will find a solution.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to sort this? All I want to do is ride my bike but the after-effects make this not very appealing.

Thanks in advance.

David

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments