Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

road.cc updates and feature releases

A thread about things that get updated and added to road.cc. or fixed!

Mon 3 Aug 2020

• Subscriptions functionality is live, which also affects Fantasy Cycling users as premium membership is now handled by the core subs module. Any issues logging in etc, send an email to game [at] road.cc

Tues 28 July 2020

A couple of updates today. 

• Posting comments with links, or forum topics with links, now requires authorisation from a moderator. If your comment/topic is approved, you won't be moderated when posting links in future. This is how the site used to work, but the functionality fell off in one of the core upgrades a while back. If you're a long-standing user it probably won't affect you.
  • We're moving away from updating publishing dates to adding new revisions of articles. You'll be able to see what's changed in the latest update by clicking on the info icon in the article header. That'll show you when the article was first published. There's a bit of work to do to realign articles with their original publish dates; that will be ongoing.
Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 09.51.28

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

PRSboy | 5 months ago
0 likes

Not sure if this is the place to post website feedback, but anyone else getting the ads that appear periodically, which block most of the reading pane?

They are a menace as you can't even close them.

Sredlums | 1 year ago
3 likes

So again there's a 'sponsored content' article (or should I say 'article'), and yeah, I get that a website like this needs to find a way to make money. But the idea behind 'sponsored content' is of course that it sorta, kinda looks like a normal article. Not allowing comments under such content is a bit weak. Either portray it for what it is, an ad, or not, but then also treat it like a normal article and let people engage with it.

moonfruit | 1 year ago
2 likes

Hi all.  Newbie here.  I'm enjoying reading the articles and comments.  I have a Q that I hope somebody can help with.  I see that it's possible to 'like' comments left on articles, but I can't see how to do it.  I admit to being a techno-numpty but most usually I can manage to at least do that much. 

Secret_squirrel replied to moonfruit | 1 year ago
0 likes

As long as you are logged into comment you can click either the "x likes" counter or the heart icon to like something.  A second click removes your like again.

moonfruit replied to Secret_squirrel | 1 year ago
0 likes

Secret_squirrel wrote:

As long as you are logged into comment you can click either the "x likes" counter or the heart icon to like something.  A second click removes your like again.

thanks for the reply; that's just the kind of thing I'd expect to see, but there's nothing showing there (I am logged in) -  it's an odd one.

John Stevenson replied to moonfruit | 1 year ago
0 likes

You click on the heart that's on the same line as the username above a comment:

moonfruit replied to John Stevenson | 1 year ago
0 likes

Thanks for replying John, but there's no heart showing - I'm absolutley heartless. 

AlsoSomniloquism | 2 years ago
0 likes

My subscription would have ran out today, it shows as renewed to 3rd Aug 2022 on my account details, I'm logged in as a subscriber according to the top right of the screen, Yet I see banner ads on the bottom and sides of the screens. 

Please can you tweak the switch to get rid as soon as possible

peted76 replied to AlsoSomniloquism | 2 years ago
0 likes

Same for me.

Calc | 2 years ago
0 likes

Is there a way to search the forums only?  I see the little search button at the top left of the page, but that searches the whole site.

barongreenback | 3 years ago
0 likes

Any idea why when I post to off-road.cc it flags me as having posted a link?  (to clarify, I'm not posting any links) I've done this twice now and a week later my comments still aren't showing.  Seems strange I can post here without issues.  Thanks.

alexb | 3 years ago
1 like

Is there any chance of some extension to the review on the Topeak bar bag? It looks interesting, and there's clearly a removable liner, but the reviewer doesn't mention it, say how large it is or include any photos of it.

Topeak's own video barely mentions it although it's mentioned in the feature specification.

cqexbesd | 3 years ago
2 likes

Any chance of getting a comment filter so I can avoid seeing posts by particular users?

jacknorell replied to cqexbesd | 3 years ago
2 likes

That'd be very very good to have

Titanus | 3 years ago
0 likes

Are comments disabled for some news stories? I find I am inexplicably unable to post comments on one article. My guess is they were disabled in an attempt to get people to post on more significant articles. I suppose I could simply make a forum post about it but in this case what I had to say wasn't important. Actually if truth be told I can't be arsed to.

Also my Firefox spellchecker doesn't work on this site but it does on others. Anyone else noticed this?

Tom_77 replied to Titanus | 3 years ago
0 likes

Titanus wrote:

Are comments disabled for some news stories? I find I am inexplicably unable to post comments on one article. My guess is they were disabled in an attempt to get people to post on more significant articles. I suppose I could simply make a forum post about it but in this case what I had to say wasn't important. Actually if truth be told I can't be arsed to.

Also my Firefox spellchecker doesn't work on this site but it does on others. Anyone else noticed this?

Not sure about comments being disabled, could be for legal reasons if the article was about a court case.

Spellchecking is disabled, not sure why. I don't know if there's some (easy) way to override that.

mdavidford replied to Tom_77 | 3 years ago
3 likes

Tom_77 wrote:

Spellchecking is disabled, not sure why.

They don't want the comments showing up the article writers. 

Latest Comments