Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour De France - Stage 19 - Bourg-d'Oisans / Le Grand-Bornand

So 2 more mountain stages then its to Paris!
Last chance to get some differential points against ya rivals before we stock up on sprinters!
So Rolland and Voeckler had a go on stage 18, will they again have a go on 19? but maybe spread the work load this time!
Will schleck finally deliver? lol
Will Bono rise from the ashes?
Might make one change 2day and leave myself with 5 transfers in the bank, but depends which way i go!
hmm! The fun!!!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

61 comments

Alan Tullett | 10 years ago
0 likes

Looks like Costa will win. Got him in my roaduk team. Closing in on number 1 in that forum.

drheaton | 10 years ago
0 likes

Need something big from Coppel today if I want a chance in the purist comp. Up to 50th in the purist overall, 126 points behind the leader, so need something big from Froome, Quintana, Coppel and Gadret before Sunday, then a Cav/Kittel 1-2.

0 likes

It seems the rider I was hoping for something from has crashed. It was Vichot who comes from around these parts. More 20 than today though.

0 likes

Le Mevel out!  20  20

I can't win the purist now. Someone else has the same as me with El Fares who has 9 points. Cofidis have been hopeless.

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rolland only a minute ahead of the chasers now, will surely be caught but will want to hang on for KOM points at the top of the penultimate climb. Would put him 1 point behind Froome with a few more tomorrow, but Froome/Quintana could snatch it if they win double-points at Annecy. I hope Rolland gets it, it feels better when the Polka-Dat winner is someone that specifically targets it rather than a GC contender winning it by accident.

Alan Tullett replied to chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Rolland only a minute ahead of the chasers now, will surely be caught but will want to hang on for KOM points at the top of the penultimate climb. Would put him 1 point behind Froome with a few more tomorrow, but Froome/Quintana could snatch it if they win double-points at Annecy. I hope Rolland gets it, it feels better when the Polka-Dat winner is someone that specifically targets it rather than a GC contender winning it by accident.

Agreed, but I think Nieve might get it yet. Got Rolland, Nieve and Bardet in the break. Thought of trying Serpa last night and it was a toss-up between him and Gadret. Went Gadret, but 3 is not bad. Don't know why people dropped Rolland today. This was always going to be the stage he would target. Yesterday was too hard for him. After next KOM points he'll probably drop back but who knows? Miracles happen. Nieve might go on to the next climb and get maximum points. Rui Costa to win again though.

Got Froome, Quintana, Rolland, Bardet, Gadret, Hoogerland and one other who I was hoping would do something today but maybe tomorrow.

Got Nieve and Bardet in another team and a rival for the prize in that doesn't have them so I should close the gap a bit. Want them in the top 5 as only finish points there.

chokofingrz | 10 years ago
0 likes

I transferred Rolland -> Fuglsang. Now he's eating KOM points for breakfast.

0 likes

Rolland and Hesjedal together now, 2:30+ ahead of the next group on the road (incl Nieve, Navarro and Serpa). Still 120km to go, but they will at least be first to the top of the Madelaine and should be first to the sprint point. After that, who knows? Peloton 12 minutes down on the leaders.

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

Rolland attacks!  20  20  20

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

looks like riblon's gonna have a crack then *rubs hands*

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Should have brought in Riblon for De Clerq  20 oh well, at least I have got some points for Rolland and Nieve

1.Hesjedal
2.Izagirre
3.Riblon
4.Moser
5.Rolland
6.Nieve
7.Kadri
8.T Martin
9.Hoogerland
10.Didier

0 likes

I think I have Rolland, Schleck, Nieve and Serpa in the break, long way to go yet tho'...

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Brilliant 40+ riders up the road and i've got none of them  20 thats what i get for dropping Rolland and not picking Riblon....who are both in the breakaway  14

chrisdstripes replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Brilliant 40+ riders up the road and i've got none of them  20 thats what i get for dropping Rolland and not picking Riblon....who are both in the breakaway  14

Don't you have Schleck and Nieve Nick?

livestrongnick replied to livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Yes i do plus Navarro is there too  16 "breathes a sigh of relief" #:s

0 likes

Went for it and dropped Froome. I'm sure he'll do fine, but can't imagine he'll be pushing for the stage win. And I do like a gamble in the last week of a grand tour!

Rodriguez
Quintana
Rolland (in for Froome)
Nieve
Schleck
Gadret
Serpa
Le Mevel
Mederel

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ah yeah, my bad, thanks : )

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

today *is* stage 19

northstar | 10 years ago
0 likes

Hi Mr Atkinson,

I made a change before 10am but it seems to be have been included as happening after.

Tour de France stage 19 Standard Jul 19, 08:37

Thanks

0 likes

Hoping everyone gives up on Rolland, then he and De Clerq go away and score me a load of points

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

I also now have Rowland Riblon. Forlorn hope of a few KoM points. Yes Enrique, Ten Dam also gone (for Ribbers).

Bring on the Rolland/Ten Dam 1-2 finish.

enrique replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

I also now have Rolland Riblon...

Good choice!  1

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

2 changes today given up on Rolland  31

Froome
Quintana
Fuglsang
Kreuziger
Navarro
Nieve
Schelck
Mederel
Fischer

Stumps | 10 years ago
0 likes

Well for today i've tinkered a little bit, made 2 transfers which unless something drastic happens i wont change till sunday for the sprint.

Christopher Froome
Roman Kreuziger
Christophe Riblon
Daniel Navarro Garcia
Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas
Jakob Fuglsang
Murilo Antonio Fischer
Maxime Mederel
Mikel Nieve Ituralde

stevemarks | 10 years ago
0 likes

Gambled

Took out Contador Navarro and Bonnet, put in Porte, Riblon and De Gendt.

Don't know why I keep persisting with De Gendt, I suppose the memory of having him on the Stevio stage is too strong. I was wondering if Porte might get a stage win as a reward for loyalty he certainly desreves it. The mountain competition looks very interesting and I have Nieve, Froome and Quintana like the whole of the rest of the world I suppose? Talking of lost causes still have Schleck, but a cheap alternative that is worth 10 penalty points is difficult to find......

0 likes

My team is just staying the same as whatever I do, the opposite will happen

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

So tempted to tinker today but will resist the temptation...Fancy Rui Costa, Simon Clarke and maybe Rolland for the break...

Froome - is he tiring ??
Quintana - guaranteed good points
Nieve - will not be far away
Kreuziger - gritty strength
Navarro - come on Daniel, the Tour is nearly over
Riblon - he may try for KOM points on first two climbs
Fischer - My 0 pointer Brazilian beach bum from start to finish
Gadret - seems to be getting stronger
Zubeldia - can climb really well on his day

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

Riblon... may try for KOM points on first two climbs...

Crap! I hadn't thought about that!  39 But then again, maybe he's too tired from yesterday? I can only hope!  22

stevemarks wrote:

... still have Schleck, but a cheap alternative... is difficult to find......

Yeah, Serpa is in the same price range, but hardly worth the penalty...

Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes

If anyone fancies joining me in my latest tech startup project, I've just bought the URL pierrerollandisanimmensedisappointment.com.

Yup, I've meddled instead of sticking and saving, and Rolland is OUT. Clembutador in instead.

enrique replied to Ghedebrav | 10 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

Tempted to... drop Froome... But probably won't...

Nobody will!...

Ghedebrav wrote:

... Rolland is OUT. Clembutador in instead.

I hope you got ten Dam out of your team, too!  1

How ironic Contador is on the team Andy Schleck used to be in the same stage in 2009:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/23/sports/cycling/23tour.html?_r=0

How I hated when Contador dropped Kloden that day!

We'll see if there's a similar finish!

Pages

Latest Comments