Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tirreno-Adriatico stage 6

Right it seems ive made a massive oversight with regards to this stage, so im gonna to apologise now...

It seems the parcours is not actually as flat as I thought, and it shouldn't be/isn't a flat stage. When I read the stage profile I saw climbs of 2.9km at 6.1% and 6.3km at 2.9% so thought it was pretty flat. However I failed to notice that on each of these climbs they actually ramp up to 27% that I failed to notice

So all I can do right now is apologise for that

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

57 comments

Mikeh789 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Is the break group too big for break points?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm pissed off now, all my picks have been jumping off, not so much at the mistake with the profile. I thought it might come to a sprint.

But the weather is bloody awful  20

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Its gonna be last man standing.....Ciolek and Thor still in?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Any day that features three climbs which have sections at 27% can definitely be classed as a 'tough day'  19

Kinda glad I didn't bother making transfers, gives me something to play with tomorrow and from the look of it there's no sprinters left in the race!

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Voss has been dropped by the break and is back in the bunch. 80km to go. Gap is 4'20"

Terpstra and Van Keirsbulck have also quit.

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Must be a tough day with so many abandons.

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Christ on a bike.....kind of puts that to rest then. no sprint finish today  26

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

And Kessiakof, Agnoli and De Kort

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

And Hunter and Sbaragli

ray silvester | 11 years ago
0 likes

Plus Cav and Goss

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Kennaugh, Mangel and Dempster have also quit.

0 likes

Well i won't be picking tuft now.....

TERatcliffe26 replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Well i won't be picking tuft now.....

Same does mess me up abit  39

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Gruzdev DNS. Vanendert, Tuft, Schleck and Chainel have all apparently abandoned.

0 likes

Damn

Boom and Spartacus were my planned transfers in for tomorrow  31

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Matteo Montaguti (Ag2r La Mondiale), Lars Boom (Blanco Pro Cycling), Egoi Martinez (Euskaltel Euskadi), Angel Vicioso (Katusha), Damiano Cunego (Lampre Merida), Benat Intxausti and Giovanni Visconti (Movistar), Daryl Impey and Stuart O'Grady (Orica GreenEDGE), Fabian Cancellara (Radioshack Leopard), Tom Dumoulin and Mathieu Sprick (Argos Shimano), Paul Voss (NetApp Endura), Mirko Selvaggi (Vacansoleil DCM) and Mauro Finetto (Fantini Selle Italia) are the break. Sky keeping the gap pegged at about 3 minutes.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Well, at least he managed 5 stages this time.

0 likes
drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aye, PN was my priority so I was concentrating on that and didn't really give TA much thought over the weekend just making random picks based on odds and stuff.

I put my research time towards my purist team for TA and thought I'd submitted a strong purist team knowing that I wouldn't be taking the standard comp so seriously but I'm way way way down thanks to a few of my riders taking it easy.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I couldn't be bothered to look at the profile or do any research so I made no transfers at all...

ray silvester replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I couldn't be bothered to look at the profile or do any research so I made no transfers at all...

Still celebrating the Forum's Scorum's Paris Nice win eh?  3

0 likes

Only made one change

Dumoulin for Pozzovivo
Contador
Froome
Appollonio
Roulston
Kwiatkowski
Garzelli
santambrogio
Marangoni

leaves me with 3 transfers for tomorrow......  39

Ultimately Sagan just too expensive to risk for me!

0 likes

It was the humps(and the ITT tomorrow) which meant I brought Moser,Sagan and Kwiatkowski in for J-Rod,Uran and Poels rather than any of the out and out sprinters.

rcorbin | 11 years ago
0 likes

good job I put in TT'ers ready for tomorrow instead of Cav and Greipel.

Did put Sagan in though, he should be able to cope surely?

chrisdstripes | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't worry about it TER, I think most people only treat the classifications as guidelines anyway - hell Chavanel won a stage rightly classified as "High Mountains" on Saturday!

Today looks all about which sprinters can get over the climbs - I'm hoping not many but have a couple of the stronger ones just in case. And still haven't got round to getting rid of Hushovd, so hoping he might do something too...

SounDaz_7 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I noticed that as well, right after I put Cav back in my squad.  20

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Don't worry to much, as long as it comes back together and my 5 sprinters come home 1-5 with my 4 others all picking up points in the break away....

There are meant to be 3 parts where it hits 27%, so Cav said on twitter. But I think the run in to the line is fairly flat  39

Pages

Latest Comments