Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What are your plans for 2013 ......

This time last year I said I was going to cycle 8000 miles. Im afraid I was just a little short of that total at 7238 miles though I think it was a good attempt.

Not sure what goal im going for yet as this will be a year of change for me work wise and possibly not the usual 23 miles to work and back.

Ill make a conservative estimate of 6500 miles but will be looking to do more.

Has anyone else got plans for 2013  39

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

53 comments

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If it falls into place do Paris - London
Maintain my 200 pw
Increase my avg mph

Gman59c | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aims for the year are:

1. Do 1000 miles per quarter
2. Do at least one Sportive per quarter, increasing mileage in each event where possible
3. Cycle from home (Kilmarnock) to the in-laws (Dundee) roughly 110 miles by end of third quarter
4. Increase average speed
5. Lose a stone in weight.

If I can do all this by the end of the year I will be delighted. Lost three stone, quit fags and did my first sportive last year.

spin cycle | 11 years ago
0 likes

My plans arent too bold really. Commute as much as possible, maybe on of the Performance cycles mini sportives this winter and a few MTB enduros, the Forest of Dean Classic, Exmouth Exodus, London Triathlon (I know, I know!)couple of races (running)

Saintyl | 11 years ago
0 likes

Liking the look of that Cyclone route Stumpy, plenty of scenery to keep your mind off the miles  3

Hoping with the help of training peaks to push my fitness a bit further this year, improve a few sportive times and get some better placings in MTB Marathons.

Super Domestique | 11 years ago
0 likes

To ride again! Haven't been on a bike since nov and the injury still playing up. Hopefully this will pass and I can have a fit and healthy remainder of the year!

pj | 11 years ago
0 likes

well, aim high, keep it simple:

i'm hoping to improve my 25 mile PB from 50.21 to 49 something. i'd also like to bring my 10 PB down a bit from 19.42 to somewhere around 19.30, but i can take or leave this one.

that's about it. I'd like to enjoy riding my bike as much as possible and cut down on the travelling to get to races, i.e 3 hours in the car for 20 minutes on the road, or even less for some hill climbs = not so good.

formereve replied to pj | 11 years ago
0 likes
pj wrote:

well, aim high, keep it simple:

i'm hoping to improve my 25 mile PB from 50.21 to 49 something. i'd also like to bring my 10 PB down a bit from 19.42 to somewhere around 19.30, but i can take or leave this one.

that's about it. I'd like to enjoy riding my bike as much as possible and cut down on the travelling to get to races, i.e 3 hours in the car for 20 minutes on the road, or even less for some hill climbs = not so good.

Way out of my league!! Best 25 ive EVER done is 1'20". Sounds like a realistic goal too. Respect for that

bike_food | 11 years ago
0 likes

10k miles is my goal as it has been for the past 2 years both of which I've managed around 8.5k. Need to make the most of the summer and get a few 1k months in to compensate for the missed sessions in the winter due to ice/snow etc

formereve replied to bike_food | 11 years ago
0 likes
bike_food wrote:

10k miles is my goal as it has been for the past 2 years both of which I've managed around 8.5k. Need to make the most of the summer and get a few 1k months in to compensate for the missed sessions in the winter due to ice/snow etc

Nice Target! Hope ya get it in

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

Going to do my first big run for many a year, Virgin Cyclone 104 miles around Northumberland.

On a slightly different topic also going to do Hadrians Wall on my own for charity.

formereve replied to Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

Going to do my first big run for many a year, Virgin Cyclone 104 miles around Northumberland.

On a slightly different topic also going to do Hadrians Wall on my own for charity.

Youve re awakened my desire to get up to Northumberland. Never been but still wanna go. Cheers mate and enjoy yer rides

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

I'm gonna stop being a pussy ie rule #5  4

and just get out as much as poss and push for silver at my 3rd Dartmoor classic. Year 1 i crawled home with severe knee pain(sorted now) year 2 got screwed by awful head wind!  14

So training, training and more training  19

formereve replied to livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

I'm gonna stop being a pussy ie rule #5  4

and just get out as much as poss and push for silver at my 3rd Dartmoor classic. Year 1 i crawled home with severe knee pain(sorted now) year 2 got screwed by awful head wind!  14

So training, training and more training  19

If ya need some training plans I got some from BC. I can send um to ya.

notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes

Go under 28 minutes for a 10.

Go under 2:25 for the 52 mile route of the Great Manchester Cycle.

Get out with the club as many Sundays as possible.

If I manage to switch workplaces to somewhere that's a good commuting distance, all the better.

formereve replied to notfastenough | 11 years ago
0 likes
notfastenough wrote:

Go under 28 minutes for a 10.

Go under 2:25 for the 52 mile route of the Great Manchester Cycle.

Get out with the club as many Sundays as possible.

If I manage to switch workplaces to somewhere that's a good commuting distance, all the better.

Last line sounds a bit like me nfe! Are ya a member of BC? Theyve got some cracking training plans!!

Saint Mikie 41 | 11 years ago
0 likes

My year is geared around training for the Ride London 100 which I shall be riding for the Hospice that I work for. So I shalll be increasing the days that I communte to work and in slowly increasing my Sunday morning rides up from there current 30 miles approx level. Also aim to join the local club as well and do a bit of track riding at Calshot.

formereve replied to Saint Mikie 41 | 11 years ago
0 likes
Saint Mikie 41 wrote:

My year is geared around training for the Ride London 100 which I shall be riding for the Hospice that I work for. So I shalll be increasing the days that I communte to work and in slowly increasing my Sunday morning rides up from there current 30 miles approx level. Also aim to join the local club as well and do a bit of track riding at Calshot.

Thats sounds good. How many miles do ya do to work?

Bedfordshire Clanger | 11 years ago
0 likes

The Tour of Wessex and La Marmotte are the headlines for me along with the road.cc metric century and tourist challenges, plenty of riding with my 11 year old son on his new road bike and as many trips to the Peaks as I can get away with.

formereve replied to Bedfordshire Clanger | 11 years ago
0 likes
Bedfordshire Clanger wrote:

The Tour of Wessex and La Marmotte are the headlines for me along with the road.cc metric century and tourist challenges, plenty of riding with my 11 year old son on his new road bike and as many trips to the Peaks as I can get away with.

Great challenge for La Marmotte. Enjoy!!

FMOAB | 11 years ago
0 likes

Last year I aimed to complete a 200k audax and managed to achieve that by March, I then aimed for the Brevet 1000 (5 x 200) which I failed to do after running out of time on my fifth at about 180k. This year I intend to achieve the Brevet 1000, and complete my first 300k audax. Not bad progress for someone who a few years ago weighed 28 stone and had difficulty cycling more than 4 miles.

formereve replied to FMOAB | 11 years ago
0 likes
FMOAB wrote:

Last year I aimed to complete a 200k audax and managed to achieve that by March, I then aimed for the Brevet 1000 (5 x 200) which I failed to do after running out of time on my fifth at about 180k. This year I intend to achieve the Brevet 1000, and complete my first 300k audax. Not bad progress for someone who a few years ago weighed 28 stone and had difficulty cycling more than 4 miles.

Nothing but respect for all youve done FMOAB. Been showing the lads at work yer post to show they can get fit if they want to. Well done mate.

James Warrener | 11 years ago
0 likes

Aiming to enjoy it and get out with some better weather.

formereve replied to James Warrener | 11 years ago
0 likes
jimmythecuckoo wrote:

Aiming to enjoy it and get out with some better weather.

Can see you already do enjoy it with ya strava signature Jimmy. Nice one

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Moving up to the Junior Age cat. so get experience in road races proper (1st year u18 3rd Cat)

Hopefully get a place on my team's squad for the Junior Tours of Wales and Kent.

formereve replied to Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes
Raleigh wrote:

Moving up to the Junior Age cat. so get experience in road races proper (1st year u18 3rd Cat)

Hopefully get a place on my team's squad for the Junior Tours of Wales and Kent.

Im guessing youll be riding for Raleigh with ya name and all. I see a few lads riding from Raleigh round Holbrook and Coxbench particularly Drum Hill and Sandy Lane doing intervals. Good bunch of lads. Hope it happens for ya  1

badback | 11 years ago
0 likes

I started last year with plans to do 5000 miles, I ended up doing 5000 km due to injury and illness.

My aim this year is to build on that and beat 2012's total and stay injury free.

formereve replied to badback | 11 years ago
0 likes
badback wrote:

I started last year with plans to do 5000 miles, I ended up doing 5000 km due to injury and illness.

My aim this year is to build on that and beat 2012's total and stay injury free.

Hope it goes well for ya mate  1

aende | 11 years ago
0 likes

Carry on commuting 120 miles a week on the fixie, do another 50 to 100 over the weekend when possible on the roadie. Start running a couple of nights a week and do some boxing training - gain some all round fitness.

Update the 7 speed 105 to 9 speed Dura Ace on the bike.

Have another baby in May....

formereve replied to aende | 11 years ago
0 likes
aende wrote:

Carry on commuting 120 miles a week on the fixie, do another 50 to 100 over the weekend when possible on the roadie. Start running a couple of nights a week and do some boxing training - gain some all round fitness.

Update the 7 speed 105 to 9 speed Dura Ace on the bike.

Have another baby in May....

Sounds like a busy year aende. Congrats for the baby when it arrives  1

Yorkshie Whippet | 11 years ago
0 likes

Paris-Roubaix Challenge again as they've changed the route and offer a 170km with 29 pave sectors. Would like to ride the World Champs routes but not seen anything yet. Tour de France routes around Leeds. Move towards more than 50 miles a ride.

Evans Ride It, Leeds
Captain Cook chall, (if it's on)
King of the Downs
King of Pennines
Ryedale Rumble
Complete the Mills and Hills this year.

And to be happy riding what I have and stop buying new stuff.

Already setting goals for 2014, Tour of Flanders, Etape de Tour around Leeds  1

Pages

Latest Comments