Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Transfer pages and game glitches

Another hour today for transfers, to make up a bit for lost time last night.

Okay, we spent a goodly while last night and this morning re-engineering the transfers page. One of the major issues for site load is the fact that there's a lot of riders to choose from. There are 768 domestiques in total, for example. Dragging these lists in places a big load on the server, so we've redesigned the lists to paginate, and they're brought in in smaller chunks. This should speed things up a lot. You can also reorder the lists on the fly now, without reloading the page, which should also save you some time.

In truth this is all stuff we had scheduled anyway, but we're victims of our own success to a certain degree which has meant doing the development work in game time rather than waiting for a lull in play, just to keep things running. Apologies for that.

I've browser tested the new transfer page and for me it's functional on IE6+, FF and Safari on PC and Mac, and Webkit and Safari on mobile. Whatever device you're using needs to be Javascript enabled.

Once again, our apologies for the problems of the last few days.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

worders | 13 years ago
0 likes

Dave,

My scores for stage 40 have yet to be updated, is this because of the above problems?

dave atkinson replied to worders | 13 years ago
0 likes
worders wrote:

Dave,

My scores for stage 40 have yet to be updated, is this because of the above problems?

i've updated them but they won't show up until after today's stage.

37monkey replied to worders | 13 years ago
0 likes
worders wrote:

Dave,

My scores haven't updated either, the last stage I scored on was 39, I'm using my netbook with chrome, the transfers are working though.

Cheers
joss

37monkey replied to 37monkey | 13 years ago
0 likes
37monkey wrote:
worders wrote:

Dave,

My scores haven't updated either, the last stage I scored on was 39, I'm using my netbook with chrome, the transfers are working though.

Cheers
joss

I've now got points for stage 41, but still missing stage 40s points  7

antomeno | 13 years ago
0 likes

Dave, are you informed of the fact that with the new transfer pages is no more possible to make transfers on mobile phone (example Blackberry)? Do you have in mind to correct it? Last year there was a mobile version that was very appreciated....

dave atkinson replied to antomeno | 13 years ago
0 likes
antomeno wrote:

Dave, are you informed of the fact that with the new transfer pages is no more possible to make transfers on mobile phone (example Blackberry)? Do you have in mind to correct it? Last year there was a mobile version that was very appreciated....

Probably a javascript problem, blackberry supports it but it's turned off by default and the transfer page requires it.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/20778/Turn_on_supp...

carl simpson replied to antomeno | 13 years ago
0 likes
antomeno wrote:

i have the same issue using iphone .. you can make the changes but you cant see the stats properly for each rider when trying to evaluate form between one or the other .. making it too annoying to attempt it

Latest Comments