Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Brand new S-Works Tarmac £4000?!

I came across Fastracycles.com who have a shiny website and some incredible deals. I contacted them for photos proving genuine Specialized - none forthcoming. Shipping £190 ..... but must be a scam?! Indonesian. I don’t suppose anyone has bought a bike?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

21 comments

FrankH | 3 years ago
0 likes

The address on their website is real.

Looks legit to me.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@3.5905641,98.647341,3a,75y,3.66h,87.5t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1syn2G0z1_nf1B2yHIQyvChA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

What could possibly go wrong?

fenix replied to FrankH | 3 years ago
0 likes

Funny that you can't see a rack of superbikes anywhere outside the shops. Who would have thought it ? 

Idrislolo | 3 years ago
0 likes

I've purchased a bicycle and multiple parts (crank etc.) from Fastracycles - quality is great and I've had nothing but a pleasant experience, I'm not sure what the problem with you guys?

By the way, Have a nice day All..

Mungecrundle replied to Idrislolo | 3 years ago
3 likes

Time to give up, Mr Scammer.

EddyBerckx replied to Mungecrundle | 3 years ago
2 likes

1st post. Legit!!!

hawkinspeter replied to Idrislolo | 3 years ago
1 like

The problem is when an account is created just to promote a product. It's completely dishonest and if you want to promote a business, why not pay for advertising like the legitimate businesses?

veseunr replied to Idrislolo | 3 years ago
1 like

Another one post wonder! Nice stock photo too. No one is going to touch your scam - you have just confirmed all the suspicions.

There is not a single independently verified review anywhere on the web yet, according to the website, the company has over $5 million of stock in their shop. Hmmm.

How about sending me an S-Works Tarmac Disc in that nice black and I will send you cash on delivery? 

Scammers! 

veseunr | 3 years ago
0 likes

One post ever! To support a Bali bike shop that has absolutely no reviews. And in slightly broken English. You are a joke. DO NOT BUY FROM FASTRACYCLES! Complete SCAM.

steven25 replied to veseunr | 3 years ago
0 likes

Lol, you said my English was a mess, but you did the same thing. Why do you want to destroy the reputation of others, have you ever bought at Fastracycles? I dare say this because I have indeed made a direct purchase at the store.

veseunr replied to steven25 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Post pictures of you, the bike and a bona fide receipt then scammer.

steven25 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Seeing all the bad reviews is the only reasons I am writing one. I went into the store to get a Specialized Mountain Bike, because by chance I live in the same city where this shop stands. Everyone was so so helpful and knowledgeable would definitely go back and would recommend going staff was awesome.

hawkinspeter replied to steven25 | 3 years ago
3 likes

Steven25 wrote:

Seeing all the bad reviews is the only reasons I am writing one. I went into the store to get a Specialized Mountain Bike, because by chance I live in the same city where this shop stands. Everyone was so so helpful and knowledgeable would definitely go back and would recommend going staff was awesome.

Another one?

TylerV | 3 years ago
0 likes

If this is too good to be true, then I would say this is indeed reality. Initially I did not believe in the price, until when I told my friend in Bali, to accompany me to the fastracycles shop, and this shop was real, I bought cannondale f-si carbon 3 at a fantastic price, and good product quality . They also have proof of transactions with customers from other countries, as well as tracking numbers for shipping goods. I highly recommend Fastracycles for where to buy bicycles. if indeed you don't believe, you can also go to their shop, their address is listed on their website page.blush

Compact Corned Beef replied to TylerV | 3 years ago
0 likes

You know what - I would buy from them if it involved walking into a big ol' shop not too far from where I lived. Just like any big LBS.

Any other circumstances you'd be a fool.

hawkinspeter replied to TylerV | 3 years ago
0 likes

TylerV wrote:

If this is too good to be true, then I would say this is indeed reality. Initially I did not believe in the price, until when I told my friend in Bali, to accompany me to the fastracycles shop, and this shop was real, I bought cannondale f-si carbon 3 at a fantastic price, and good product quality . They also have proof of transactions with customers from other countries, as well as tracking numbers for shipping goods. I highly recommend Fastracycles for where to buy bicycles. if indeed you don't believe, you can also go to their shop, their address is listed on their website page.blush

Really?

fenix | 4 years ago
0 likes

Website seems to have been taken down, I hope nobody threw their money away on them. 

Xenophon2 | 4 years ago
1 like

If it looks too good to be true.....

Payment info:

"For administrative completeness of our company, please confirm to us your payment by giving scanned/screenshoot/copy/photo of your payment proof if you have made a payment, so we can confirm it to our administration staff. And then we will immediately process your order shipping by giving you the tracking number from the shipping company. And the tracking number will given at least 1-2 days after payment is made"

Scam for sure.  No legit company would accept a screenshot or photo of a payment as actual proof of payment.  It's paid when the money is in the account or an independent third party says it's paid. Payment methods include Paypal, Visa..but also WU, MoneyGram....  My guess is that PP and Visa will experience a 'technical issue' and that you'll the be directed to WU or MG.  Once the cash is sent, kiss it goodbye.

VeloUSA | 4 years ago
1 like

The Specy Indo distributor

INDONESIA
PT. Sukses Karunia Anugerah
Bintaro Jaya Sektor 7B
07/FG.01-20 RT 001/007
Kelurahan Jurangmangu Barat Kecamatan Pondoka
Jakarta, Indonesia

Conact Specy UK for phone # or email of Indo distributor

SPECIALIZED UK, LTD.
29 Barwell Business Park
Leatherhead Road, Chessington Surrey
KT9 2NY, Great Britain
Tel: +44 (0)20 8391 3500

You can ask the Indo reseller for the frame serial number then check with Specy if it is a bonfide Specy frame.

roubaixcobbles | 4 years ago
1 like

If you buy one, ride it round to mine as I've got a gold brick and some magic beans you may be interested in...seriously, in the unlikely event that you received anything after handing over your hard-earned you'd get a poor and probably extremely dangerous fake frame and wheels stickered to look like the real deal (loads of these on eBay, mainly badged as Pinarello). Steer clear - if you've got £4k to spend go for this year's "ordinary" Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2 disc for £3750 - unless you're going in for the Tour this year it's all you'll ever need.

Thatsnotmyname | 4 years ago
4 likes

'Buying' a bike won't be the problem  Actually 'receiving' the bike you bought will be the biggest problem..  3

Compact Corned Beef | 4 years ago
2 likes

If it looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

Would eat my hat if anyone with more than 10 posts says they've bought a bike from there.

Latest Comments