Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon Endurace Di2 Upgrade

Good morning,

I have a canyon endurace cf sl mechanical frame and am looking at putting my Di2 kit onto it from another bike. I’ve been told you definitely can and definitely can’t but wanted some more details as to why and how. I was really hoping that there is someone on here that has done the aforementioned?

Many thanks...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

CanyonAddict | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hi Bennesttshane,

I'd be really interested in getting more information from you about how you converted to Di2 as I am considering the same on my Canyon Aeroad 2019 model (disc). I assume you completely disconnected the rear brake hose in order to get the cable down the frame - do you have junction B around the BB shell, and where did you place the battery?

If you have more photos that you don't mind sharing that would be amazing. I've currently just ordered one e-tube wire so I can have a play and check how I can get it in the frame etc...!!

Many thanks,
DJ

bennettshane | 3 years ago
2 likes

I will be trying this as soon as my Endurace SL 7.0 shows up. I did ask Canyon, and they sounded cautiously optimistic that yes, it can be done. The e-tube wire from from the stem junction box will have to enter the frame through the same hole as the hydraulic hose on the left side of the headtube, and this will require cutting a slit in the rubber grommett that surrounds the hose. Also, the di2 wiring will need to be done first, before running the rear brake hose. I can't imagine this will be too difficult, but we'll see.  I will hopefully update with pics of a successfully converted bike, or a first-hand explination of why it didn't work. 

bennettshane replied to bennettshane | 3 years ago
1 like

non drive-side mechanical port will accept both etube and hydro hose, provided that the etube wire is routed first. 

2 likes

external wire guides are required to keep the etube wire adhered to the back of the seatube as it runs from the mechanical port to the plug on the fron derailleur

2 likes

Turned out pretty slick...

Pilot Pete replied to bennettshane | 3 years ago
0 likes

Battery in the seat tube?

You could get rid of the unsightly rubber band around the stem by gluing the junction A mounting direct to the stem. I did mine with Sugru at first which was good for a year or so but failed. Now stuck on with Bondic, it's perfect.

Latest Comments