Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike gps on android phone

Is there a good free gps app out there that i can  write routes on to and use off line?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

CoffeeAddict | 4 years ago
1 like

RidewithGPS is good and for turn by turn navigation the subscription costs the same as a large coffee. 

kil0ran | 4 years ago
0 likes

Komoot - free for your local area and works offline

Google Maps also offers offline nav but it will only work for on-road routes

The only downside with Komoot is that there's no option to set a privacy zone which means you should either start/end routes away from your house or not share them online.

gonedownhill | 4 years ago
0 likes

OsmAnd is free and works well.

aegisdesign | 4 years ago
0 likes

Seconded. Komoot for me also. It's free for your local region and cheap if you want maps of most of the world. £29 or so if I remember correctly for the entire globe unless you're after maps of North Korea. I use it for following routes in the UK with voice turn-by-turn nav. I've also used it touring through France and Spain. It's routing is quite good and editing the route on your phone isn't overly painful unlike some other apps. There's also a website to edit routes on a proper computer which also works quite well on a phone.

madcarew | 5 years ago
0 likes

I use Komoot. It works really well, is easy to use, and works off line  1

Latest Comments