Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Planet X clothing sale

Not sure if The Rules extend Pro Conti kit but PX are selling off all the current season Holdsworth kit. Given the price I'm impressed by the jerseys and bibs, particularly the winter bibs. I guess it depends on whether you like orange and blue but £50 for a set of race issue winter bibs seems good value. Sizes are roomy too. Jerseys are long and with deep pockets - first jersey I've owned that will safely swallow a minipump.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

Seriously impressed with the pad in the winter bibs (hey. it was 7 degrees when I headed out this morning!), completely unnoticeable on a hard 15-mile ride. Also impressed with the fit of the tights, they didn't migrate round my legs like my Santini and B'Twin ones do. Possibly due to the zipped cuff but they didn't shift around the knee either. The long-sleeve jersey is definitely an early autumn rather than winter item but will team well with a merino base layer.

Definitely a brave look though, a bit all the gear and no idea particularly for a bloke my size.

Only problem now is resisting the temptation to get a Holdsworth-branded bike to match the kit  3

longassballs | 5 years ago
0 likes

The shorts have certain design cues I recognise from Galibier; the straps, Teosport pads. I could totally be wrong but maybe they're made by them? If so then they're great value and good quality

kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

I'm a sucker for blue and orange so it was a no-brainer for me. £25 for a jersey I find more comfortable than my Santini retro ones from Prendas. The Santinis are much better quality overall in terms of zips and finish but these will do. The winter bibs are super comfy but I guess not a massive bargain at £50. Surprised to find that an XL in them fits me (38" waist, 5'11")

AJ101 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, on another site people were saying they think the team is about to fold after one sason, so if thats the case, for any Holdworth classic kit afficianados, now may be the time to snap it up!

Latest Comments