Home

Absolutely brilliant after sales service. No excuses, no bullshit, just great to deal with.

We're quick enough to highlight poor service, so I'm bigging up the guys at Merlin.
Who do you rate positively and why?

18 comments

DaSy [835 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

I used to buy loads of bits from Merlin, as they were cheaper than I could get many components via distribution with a trade account! I agree, they were always a joy to deal with as far as any returns or warranty claims went, also they were quick and efficient at sending the stuff out in the first place.

They are still my go-to for bits for myself.

hawkinspeter [2372 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

I've bought from Merlin and never had any issue with them, so I can't comment on their after sales service.

I've had good service from Wiggle/CRC over the years - returns are simple and easy.

The absolute worst experience that I've had was with Raleigh UK - they claimed to have lost my return and then didn't answer my emails until I kicked up a fuss and I eventually got a refund. Took about 2 months or so.

srchar [1002 posts] 1 month ago
3 likes

Wiggle/Chain Reaction/Merlin all get a big thumbs up from me.  Decent pricing, quick delivery and easy returns.  I've used the Cycle Clinic a lot lately, too.  Again, great service even though they are a much smaller operation.  I also rate Ribble, although their returns process could be better.

Won't use PBK or Planet X anymore after a couple of bad experiences.

A special place in hell is reserved for Shiny Bikes/Race View Cycles.  Awful, crooked people.

That's Race View Cycles*

Race View Cycles*

* - SEO

60kg lean keen ... [87 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Used both Ribble and Tweeks, no problems 

davel [2511 posts] 1 month ago
2 likes

Another +1 for Merlin here.

Got a cracking deal on a TT bike on, er, C2W last year. Decent advice placing the order, zero hassle, quick, reliable build.

Tiny, minorest, inconsequential gripe... smidge too much brake cable, but it was only a cosmetic issue which I sorted when I was switching out the bars this year. Other than that, close to perfect.

kevvjj [422 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Wiggle, CRC, Merlin, Tredz, Halfords, Ribble, PBK, SJS Cycles. Used them all with no issues. No quibble returns with any of them too.

ibr17xvii [338 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Merlin have always been spot on, as have Ribble & are both local to me.

Wiggle's customer service is absolutely faultless.

Canyon48 [1062 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Yeah, I've found Merlin really good too.

Wiggle is my top supplier though, I sent them an email a couple days ago about a pair of DHB Aeron Speed bib shorts I bought two years ago, the colour has faded quite a lot and asked if they were in warranty.

They said they are out of warranty and out of the return period, but they sent me a brand new pair as a gesture of goodwill.

I have bought a couple groupsets, a couple wheelsets and an awful lot else from Wiggle though. Given how excellent their customer service is, I know where I'll be buying my next groupset from!

Jimmy Ray Will [938 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

I like Merlin too.

I try to avouid CRC Wiggle and Ribble these days, but thats nothing to do with service, just how the shareholders of that company are destroying CRC in Ireland for the sake of a few bucks.

jacknorell [1004 posts] 1 month ago
2 likes

Surprised Sigma Sports not mentioned yet, great to deal with

Natrix [46 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Always had great service from CRC, Wiggle, and Merlin. Planet X have been good, but am a bit wary of them these days, possibly unwarranted.

By far the worst customer experience has been with Raleigh, absolute bunch of *!$***s, avoided ever since.....

SpikeBike [102 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Brought a bike frame from a site called fat birds. Well good customer service

vonhelmet [1083 posts] 1 month ago
1 like

I buy from all sorts of shops, depending on what I’m after and what people are charging.

You can’t beat SJS for stocking random knick knacks and spare parts.

Stratman [129 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

I don’t thinking I’ve had bad service from any of the above.  I’ve found Evans good, and I like their click and collect.  But a special mention for Hunt.  There was a missing skewer, which they sent immediately with a few freebies to compensate.  Then the tubeless tyre was losing pressure. I guessed that it just needed more sealant so asked which brand as I wanted to use the same one.  They sent me a big bottle.  Now I need to change my frame as it’s cracked, and the replacement has different axles.  Asked which adaptors I’d need, they’ll send them.  So all in all great response with great communication.

Spangly Shiny [212 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
SpikeBike wrote:

I also bought a frameset from them. Sales service was excellent however after sales service was non-existant. The reason I say this is that I asked them for information about getting replacement decals for my frame (Lynskey) and all I got was an email acknowledging my request.

bikercat [2 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Used Merlin lots but after my LBS (which I mainly used for maintenance) closed I decided to only use shops or at least internet retailers with a decent high street presence. So it’s mainly Evans Cycles for me. Have had excellent service, easy returns and their prices are competitive.

MrGear [97 posts] 1 month ago
1 like
jacknorell wrote:

Surprised Sigma Sports not mentioned yet, great to deal with

They get plenty of business from me because I live opposite their shop!

Also it has to be said Evans combination of online shopping and high street stores is pretty hard to beat.

SpikeBike [102 posts] 4 weeks ago
0 likes
Spangly Shiny wrote:
SpikeBike wrote:

I also bought a frameset from them. Sales service was excellent however after sales service was non-existant. The reason I say this is that I asked them for information about getting replacement decals for my frame (Lynskey) and all I got was an email acknowledging my request.

On the phone they were good but didn't email. No I think about it one thing I was annoyed about is that they didn't keep spare hangers for the frames they stock which I thought was strange.