Home

Thanks everyone for your feedback re whether to get Gatorskins or stick with my current Conti Ultras. however.............

I really need some advive on what to get for my France trip in June? The irony is, I understand a lot of the roads we will be riding on are not disimilar to those where I ride and train here in Somerset UK. Not always forgiving and occasionally smooth as butter! 

I'll be doing around 150km a day for 5 days and I have a Scott Speedster Gravel 20 (but want road tyres as I have been using Conti ultra Sports and have been getting on with them) 

Thanks........

3 comments

Joe Totale [64 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

As I said in the other thread, I'd go for Michelin Pro 4 Endurances although GP4000's would also do a grand job seeing as it's summer so you don't need to be too obsessed about puncture protection

Psycheonabike [38 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

Thanks, I'm not duplicating threads. I guess this is more to do with the France ride.

Canyon48 [1062 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

When I spent a week cycling around Normandy, the roads were in very good condition - generally much better than where I was used to riding (Somerset, funnily enough - I grew up in/near Cheddar). I'd get a set of Conti GP4000's for summer riding.

I occasionally cycle the Strawberry Line and some of the less good roads around here, Conti GP4 Seasons have had no problems with their added puncture protection.