Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Something definitive

Thanks everyone for your feedback re whether to get Gatorskins or stick with my current Conti Ultras. however.............

I really need some advive on what to get for my France trip in June? The irony is, I understand a lot of the roads we will be riding on are not disimilar to those where I ride and train here in Somerset UK. Not always forgiving and occasionally smooth as butter! 

I'll be doing around 150km a day for 5 days and I have a Scott Speedster Gravel 20 (but want road tyres as I have been using Conti ultra Sports and have been getting on with them) 

Thanks........

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Canyon48 | 5 years ago
0 likes

When I spent a week cycling around Normandy, the roads were in very good condition - generally much better than where I was used to riding (Somerset, funnily enough - I grew up in/near Cheddar). I'd get a set of Conti GP4000's for summer riding.

I occasionally cycle the Strawberry Line and some of the less good roads around here, Conti GP4 Seasons have had no problems with their added puncture protection.

Psycheonabike | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, I'm not duplicating threads. I guess this is more to do with the France ride.

Joe Totale | 5 years ago
0 likes

As I said in the other thread, I'd go for Michelin Pro 4 Endurances although GP4000's would also do a grand job seeing as it's summer so you don't need to be too obsessed about puncture protection

Latest Comments