I signed up because my wife got me a photo of a new racing bike for my birthday. The photo is a promise of a bike in a certain price range, and I've been browsing the web and narrowing it down to two candidates. I was hoping you would apply your expertise and give me some pro's and con's for both, and ultimately suggest which you would buy of the two, and why.
The two bikes are
- Radon Sage Carbon 105: https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-sage-carbon-105-583225
- Eastway Emitter R3: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/eastway-emitter-r3-105-2017-road-bike/
Both bikes have carbon frames and Shimano 105 groupset. The main differences I can summarise as
- Radon has a compact crank of 50x34 where the Eastway has 52x36
- Radon has outer cabling, Eastway has internal cabling
- Radon has 23mm tyes, Eastway has 25mm
I look forward to hearing your tips and suggestions!
All the best,