Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Yeoleo wheels update

In conclusion to my original post - PayPal has now fully refunded the cost of my purchase. I have to say they were pretty good. 

After many emails back and forth between myself and the seller, it became clear that I could potentially loose my money.  The reason why PayPal refunded my money was because despite repeated attempts to make contact the seller never responded to their emails. 

My experience has taught me to try to resolve whatever issues you have with the seller, but if the situation becomes seemingly shadey, use the intermediary i.e. Your Credit card company or PayPal .  Interestingly, in the time it took PayPal to investigate and refund my money, my credit card company still haven't even made first contact!!!! 

You want protection on you purchases/sales PayPal all the way!! 

Thanks for all the comments. 

To all you roadies out there. Just to let you know, there is a company called Yeoleo Sports, who purports to built excellent carbon road wheels. 

They are a sham and a fraudulent operation. I paid £691 plus import duties, plus additional cost for specific tubeless tyres, sealant, tape, and valves. Then when they eventually arrived they needed to be trued and dished as they were not functional. Then I had to have the tires put on by my bike mechanic, and after 8 layers of rim tape and electrical tape the tyres mounted the rims. 

I rode them twice, under 100km, after the second ride I heard a rubbing sound, stopped to check, and found the wheels to be out of true, again. Which by that point had rubbed a significant amount of rubber from the tyre, and carbon from my frame. I had also noticed that they were pulsing under braking even when braking fairly lightly. On inspection i found the brake tracks were rutted and look to be delaminating. Needless to say, whilst descending a long straight road a road bike can achieve very high speeds, and on this ride I hit 51.2 mph, had the brake tracks/rims failed completely I would not be writing this now. 

I'm am an enthusiast and addict of road riding, and researched this company, and searched forums, YouTube etc for positive and negative feedback for Yeoleo Sports, it's all positive............. In my experience, it's everything but positive!! The text that follows is a direct response from Yeoleo Sports linked PayPal email  and it's verbatim :

"totally it is a liar, yoeleo sports company is bankrupt, what jasmine did is to eat your money.

so GOD  bless you.

by the way,  you are asshole"

please conatct me if you want the video of the wheels, if you are still considering buying them. Please tell all your friend and club members to avoid too!! 

Update - I am at last communicating with Jasmine, who has confirmed that the very odd response I received from Yeoleo's PayPal account was a hacked response. She is working with me as best she can, and seems completely and sincerely apologetic for the failure of their product. Which seems in line with all of their positive feedback from other buyers and users of their products. We are working together to come to a reasonable resolution. 

Had Jasmine responded to me before the hacked email, we could have come to a better conclusion, however it was outside her control. 

I will update this post as to when there is a suitable settlement agreed. 

As as far as it goes, I would say that my experience seems be an isolated incident, from a company with a pretty strong following. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

42 comments

Django | 6 years ago
0 likes

Man, I feel your pain. It's a real shame. I mentioned I bought electrical goods from China before, and it was far more money than I spent on the wheels. What I received was perfect. 

To all of you reading these posts please check out Yeoleo Sports., Ltd.  that's not a typo btw it's their name with the full stop and comma. They seem to be a very professional and believable legitimate company. They are not some chancers on eBay or aliexpress, it's the whole shebang !!

I have also conatced the UCI as I believe they have some  obligation to at least remove this sham operation for their list of approved manufacturers!!

im glad you got your money back too. Just glad you weren't hurt. 

BehindTheBikesheds | 6 years ago
3 likes

I bought a new pair of branded wheels from a private seller in uk via ebay.. described as bought for a stage race in the US everything looked pukka.

Upon delivery the tubular rims looked weird, basalt braking surface non-existant, drilled holes for valves shokingly sloppy/uneven and then i noticedd

Asked FSA if they were fakes or not (showed pics of bar codes too) and they responded not made us. was goingg to report to police/trading stds but thought with official confirmation from the supposed makers saying they were fakes, paypl would refund no probs.

seller wouldn't pay return fee saying i was ripping him off despite screen grab of quote, the fucking gaul! i told them i was doing them a favour returning counterfeit goods.

after much aggro and time I forced their hand to arrange a uplift or I'd go to police. i also threarened Paypal with legal action, got my money back but what a fucking bind.

Django | 6 years ago
0 likes

Cheers guys. The way I looked at it was - Carbon is mass produced mainly in Taiwan and China. Find a company with a very good credible reputation, with great feedback, and presence on forums, YouTube etc, Yeoleo Sports are/ have UCI approval, which now seems completely irrelevant. 

The idea of spending £200 on wheels seemed more mad to me than what I spent, in that you get what you pay for, and with that in mind I did not want to risk my life on something i knowingly bought and skimped on. What I thought I was buying was high end tried and tested wheels, what I have is not. 

Still, please pass on my experience to all your friends and fellow riders - mountain bike and roadies alike. DO NOT BUY FROM YEOLEO SPORTS!!!!! If you already have their wheels or anything else, take care, and do not expect anything in the way of help if anything goes wrong. 

Thanks for your comments fellas

Cheers 

jason 

drjohn | 6 years ago
1 like

You would hope that PayPal will refund the money but you don't have "two layers" of protection. 

Unfortunately the PayPal cover is more discretionary than the statutory protection the credit card provider gives you. Check out the money saving expert article on it.

Django | 6 years ago
0 likes

I paid via PayPal and credit card, two layers of protection. So I'm hoping there will be a positive end to this sorry story. 

Thanks again for being a decent person. And even with this experience,  I must try to  assume people are generally good natured, until proven otherwise. Sometimes even when  you do all you can to ensure what you buy is safe and legitimate there are individuals/ companies that sell us things that could potentially kill us. I realise it sounds very dramatic, however  riding a road bike you are aware of what it means if a piece of kit fails. 

Be safe. 

Cheers 

Jason

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
1 like

I don't see why you won't get a refund if paid via PayPal

Django | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hiya mate, it's totally fine mate. Each case is individual. Your comments on your experience were completely taken in the best possible way. I asked people to comment and you did. I have absolutely zero reason to blame you. Thanks so much for your feedback. And I wish you all the best. And hope you have many years of trouble free and safe riding 

Jason 

CXR94Di2 | 6 years ago
2 likes

Sorry to hear you terrible experience. I remember giving you a comment about my experience. My wheels albeit were very slow with delivery, tbey are perfect and have been performing fine. Mine are disc brake versions

Django | 6 years ago
0 likes

Good luck to you, and I mean that sincerely.  We are all dependant upon manufacturers/ builders being exactly what they claim to be, and make no mistake, we are betting our lives on it! It took me many weeks to make the final decision, and lots of communications with Yeoleo Sports, and other people that have bought wheels from them. So I feel completely baffled by such a large scale operation being less than legitimate. 

Sad really, considering the most amazing products and manufacturering comes out of China, I'm certainly put off buying direct from China. So far there has been very little response to my emails, however at this stage I would not accept anything other than complete and full reimbursement plus costs. I know I'm delusional if I think I will see anything from them - other than to call me an asshole!!  

Cheers 

j

drosco | 6 years ago
1 like

That's awful. I got some from Yishun the other day and they were excellent. Like you, I spent my time researching them, so I hoped it was to a certain extent risk free.

Django | 6 years ago
0 likes

The wheels were tubeless ready, full carbon rims, u shaped 50mm aero wheels. They are supposed to have cx X-ray Sapim spokes, DT Swiss 350 straight pull. For that sort of build everything else I reaserached was £1500-£2000. And even the main big named brands are not without fault. Check out all of the YouTube positive feedback, this company appears to be completely credible and legitimate. 

I have had mavic wheels with issues and when I've tried to have issues sorted out through warranty they've always wriggled out of it. 

This is a sobering lesson for me. I have bought directly from Chinese suppliers before, but high spec electrical goods, and they have been incredible value, service and manner. 

Thanks for you question though, hope that answers its. Cheers jason 

ped | 6 years ago
3 likes

Sounds bad. 

Curious to know why you spent not an inconsiderable amount of money on these rather than something costing similar from more a household name? What wheels would they have been the equivilent of had they been legit?

I've often considered taking a punt on cheap imports. Never a £700 punt, mind.

Pages

Latest Comments