Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Stage 8

6 sprinters/puncheurs for stages 5 to 7; what a disaster. Everyone seems to be in the same boat though. I feel your pain Aragonite; but logically it should have paid off.

Stage 8; breakaway or GCs to win? General chatter is breakaway, but I think GCs; not too hard to control the breakaway and good for the ego to win. Froome or Chaves.

But who to pick as the second tier GCs?

Nevertheless, I will try to mix GCs/ breakaway.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Aragonite | 7 years ago
0 likes

Hats off to anyone who managed to get a rider in the top ten today. Can see another breakaway win tomorrow, but I think/hope they will at least be known clinbers.

Sniffer | 7 years ago
1 like

I was pleased that I correctly backed the breakaway option with my team.  Less pleased that I didn't identify any riders that were actually in the breakaway.

MinardiM189 | 7 years ago
1 like

wish I had left Goncalves in now  2

MinardiM189 | 7 years ago
1 like

Had a good result yesterday but changed out for a mix of GC and possible break riders.

HARDY
SANCHEZ S
VALVERDE
MEINTJES
GENIEZ
FROOME
MATE
PARDILLA
CHAVES

triccky100 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Agree Tony, i had a shocking 3 stages, topped off by taking out Gilbert for stage 7! I think GC today as well but have gone for a few breakaway riders. Have wasted so many changes that am looking to keep much the same team for the next few stages..

SAMUEL SANCHEZ (BMC) 

CHRISTOPHER FROOME (SKY) 

ALEJANDRO VALVERDE (MOV) 

JOHAN ESTEBAN CHAVES (OGE) 

GIANNI MEERSMAN (EQS) 

JOSEPH DOMBROWSKI (CPC) 

BEN HERMANS (BMC) 

SERGIO PARDILLA (CJR) 

MICHELE SCARPONI (AST) 

Latest Comments