Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF stage 13

My team for today. Purito for the mountains and then some GCers. Got a feeling some good riders like Riblon may go for a win today

Joaquin Rodriguez (KAT)
Richie Porte (SKY)
Thibaut Pinot (FDJ)
Vincenzo Nibali (AST)
Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Romain Bardet (ALM)
Rein Taaramae (COF)
Giovanni Visconti (MOV)
Alexandre Pichot (EUC)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

44 comments

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

My 'Comedy Gold' transfers say win for Richie now!!

J-Rod's my only break man

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Unlucky Ray - had I not been able to afford Rodriguez I would've gone for Rogers as well! Ended up bringing in Rodriguez and Serpa for Porte and Peraud(?!) and they're both in the break, so good start...

thefatcyclist | 9 years ago
0 likes

Might be crazy but I just bet Allessandro De marchi at 100-1 to win today, small amount to win and e/w. Considering he has won into Risoul before I thought that was good odds. Lots of money on Koenig apparently

nicholassmith | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm keeping Porte, it might be the worst idea in the world but I'm thinking that he's out of the GC running and he really has something to prove. Fingers crossed!

livestrongnick replied to nicholassmith | 9 years ago
0 likes
nicholassmith wrote:

I'm keeping Porte, it might be the worst idea in the world but I'm thinking that he's out of the GC running and he really has something to prove. Fingers crossed!

Same here, Brailsford's cheeky wink when he was talking about Porte got me thinking  39

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

I may as well take a gamble tomorrow on Mick Rogers in for Porte

ray silvester replied to ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I may as well take a gamble tomorrow on Mick Rogers in for Porte

Damn...picked the wrong Taxdodge-Sexybank rider......Majka and Roche both in the break on S14  20

STEVESPRO 79 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Richie Porte could well be the most transferred out fantasy rider ever today.... Really surprising woeful climb yesterday...

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just the one change for me tomorrow.

TJ Van Ladygarden in for Porte.

Dux89 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Usually I try to avoid the Schlecks, but Frank repaid my confidence in him today. Hopefully he'll try something tomorrow. So many KOM points on offer!

figus | 9 years ago
0 likes

Anyone have any idea why I might have lost a " banked" transfer??

0 likes

My highest points this tour, but would have been really high if I had put in Konig instead of JRod.
JRod gone now for me, still have Tommy V but other than that I am shadowing positions 1-10 until the transition stages. Boring but hey.

Nico Roche said he will go for stage wins, but "can't go for it everyday obviously"

Frank is my "under the radar"

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod pulled out quite early, maybe tmw. I already have some glasses from the Giro too, but quite when they will arrive I don't know.

Pretty poor race for me so far, languishing at the high one hundreds. Mind you it is my first season.

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Well, there go my chances for the overall... I can't even start stage hunting, since I've already got the glasses...  39

0 likes

What happened to J Rod I put him in instead of Konig.

I think somebody may have a 1-9 today .

I just got booted while picking my team for tomorrow boo.

Key elevator music

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeah - in the end it was Porte that cost me my full house - didn't see that coming!

Not a fan of the way Majka rode that climb - he didn't (couldn't?) help Konig at all when they were trying to get away, just sat in his wheel all the way up, and then felt justified in outsprinting him for second! Cheeky bugger...

EDIT - Porte came 15th in the intermediate sprint! 1 point, and a full-house for me (assuming Voeckler stayed in the top 5 on the KOM...) Ah - looks like Tommy V has dropped to sixth in the KOM so no full-house after all...

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Yeh Chris had Peraud and Konig to my Bardet, so he will score about 20 points more than me, congrats to him, as it could be a stage win, unless someone had my team with Konig over Porte

0 likes

Could have gone worse I guess, will get Porte and Tommy V out tomorrow to get in J-Rod in

ended up with 1,4,5,6,7 and 1,2,3,4,5 on GC

0 likes

Porte has lost 5 minutes, so he's out of GC contention now. Looked like he just completely cracked half way up the climb.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

J-Rod popped. Porte popped.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

A Valverde win would suit me both financially and fantasy-wise.

Not many talking about TJVG - he could contend at the finish line too.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Not sure of J-Rod, kind of don't want him to be now for financial reasons...sod the FL

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Tommy V off the back

TERatcliffe26 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Tommy V off the back

Thats not good! but nevermind

Joelsim replied to TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

Tommy V off the back

Good for me.

Also got a fiver EW on De Marchi for the mountains jersey at 80/1.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

Tommy V off the back

Good for me.

Also got a fiver EW on De Marchi for the mountains jersey at 80/1.

I hope the De Marchi one works out, I quite like him. He is in my RCUK team, but I don't know whether what he has done today scores him anything in that.

Just 2 points for J-rod on that climb. You reckon he will be at the finish?

I just Fancy Valverde, Pinot, Bardet as the top 3

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

Tell me about it... there goes my 5th place  102

0 likes

Three retirements: Vichot, Acevedo and Navarro.

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

My plan for today was that Purito would attack from the bunch on the Cat 1 and that Navarro would go with him. I got the second part pretty wrong, it seems  17

0 likes

there are alot of points available on stages 16 and 17. Leaving Voeckler in is much less of a risk than leaving out a GC guy. he who dares wins, but its he who dares at the correct time wins.

I dared the other day and madeu p decent ground, dared yesterday and lost a little ground, its all swings and roundabouts in this game.

Pages

Latest Comments