Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Competition Prizes

Don't want to fall out with anyone but wondering who to contact regarding the Vuelta Pais Vasco overall prize. Do the prizes just take a while to be sent out? Have used the game contact email address and tweeted Dave, but still no answer.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

112 comments

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

Exactly!

I don't see why, at the end of a competition, the winners details are not sent straight to Wiggle, who then treat it like any other order. That get's dispatched straight away, and the winner's receive their prizes within a couple of days! Easy!??

It is a joke! The excitement of actually being able to win some prizes from a well respected brand are one of the driving forces behind trying to win a comp or a stage.

And to have all of the members who have or have not paid entry money, to still be waiting months after they legitimately won a prize is taking the piss!

I'm only waiting for a pair of Glasses, but imagine if you are like PolishDave who has managed to win a grand tour, and is expecting a brand new Bike. Only to be still waiting 3 months later!

What is going on??????

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Right, experiment time, I have just this second filled in details for my prize. I will let you know when it arrives

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Ive never had an issue with a prize, always arrived within a week or two of filling in my details (never won a big prize mind)

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Don't think you win a bike for the ToB!

TERatcliffe26 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Dave runs the game, so he is chasing Wiggle for reasons why people aren't getting there prizes

backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes

I spoke to wiggle, and they said they send the prizes to road.cc

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

I believe Wiggle send them out rather than sending to Dave. They are probably not automated like customer orders...  39

PolishDave | 10 years ago
0 likes

I received both my bikes 3 days ago!!!!
They were sent to me direct from Wiggle.
Fingers crossed that everyone waiting for their prizes will be getting them very soon!!

martyntr | 10 years ago
0 likes

Anyone know what I've won for coming 3rd overall in the ToB ??

dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes

a carbon mini pump, i think

spoke to wiggle today and they told me that everything up to the tour de france has now been sent out, and that they're working through that and subsequent races. so if,in a week's time, you still don't have your prize from the giro/dauphine/whatever, say so on this thread

martyntr | 10 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Dave  1

Ben Phippen | 10 years ago
0 likes

My buff from the Tour de Suisse turned up today :). Got a mini pump to claim now after finishing third in the World Championship competition.

debbieg | 10 years ago
0 likes

My buff arrived today for my stage win at the US Pro Challenge - thanks Road CC & Wiggle  4

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Carbon pump for third in Poland came yesterday - Yay

technojim | 10 years ago
0 likes

My glasses from the TdF arrived today. Thanks everyone.

Skibish | 10 years ago
0 likes

My pump from winning the purist Tour de Suisse arrived today (though Royal Mail failed to leave a card to say left with neighbour  14 and noticed that Wiggle didn't include the normal Haribo extra  2 ). Thanks for your chasing Dave.

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

I got some of those glasses and my 7 year old asked me not to wear them out.

Ben Phippen | 10 years ago
0 likes

Anyone know if there are any prizes for the Autumn Classics ? I managed to finish 2nd overall  1

Also, how do I claim my prize for the World Championships ? I'm sure when I've won a prize in the past a 'claim prize option' has appeared on my page a few days after the finish of that race.

lalas | 10 years ago
0 likes

Do I get a prize for winning the overall purist(non premium) league?

20thebear | 10 years ago
0 likes

Still waiting for my prize

martyntr | 10 years ago
0 likes

Still waiting for my mini pump  2

el gordo | 10 years ago
0 likes

I see they have just revealed the Giro 2015 route. That reminds me, I still haven't received the promised prize for winning a stage in the 2014 version.
Any news or should I just give it up?

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I filled in my details on 12th September....still waiting  105

Ben Phippen | 9 years ago
0 likes

My prizes from the Autumn Classics & World Championships turned up today so hopefully all the other delayed prizes are on the way.

dave atkinson replied to Daniel Norton | 10 years ago
0 likes
Daniel Norton wrote:

I find the silence on this to be remarkable to be honest. Somebody has our prizes if Wiggle sent them?

I'm third in the Tour of Britain game at the moment but is the bike going to go missing too if I win?

Tens of thousands in entry cash have been paid to the folks running the game. This is no way to treat paying customers.

there's no silence: i am chasing them, and i keep saying so. but i can't send them.

TERatcliffe26 replied to backflipbedlem | 10 years ago
0 likes
backflipbedlem wrote:

I spoke to wiggle, and they said they send the prizes to road.cc

I don't know how true that is, even though they told you, but im guessing Dave hasn't had the prizes off wiggle if that is the case, or else he would know if he had sent them...

Joelsim replied to PolishDave | 10 years ago
0 likes
PolishDave wrote:

I received both my bikes 3 days ago!!!!
They were sent to me direct from Wiggle.
Fingers crossed that everyone waiting for their prizes will be getting them very soon!!

I'm still awaiting both my bikes too!

backflipbedlem replied to dave atkinson | 10 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:

i am chasing them for answers, so i'll report back on here

Hey Dave, any updates??
Mindful that it is nearing the end of the season!

Merci!

Kingrolo replied to Kingrolo | 10 years ago
0 likes
Kingrolo wrote:

I'm still waiting too. Won a stage and the overall at the Dauphine so won a buff and a jersey but nothing yet.

My Jersey arrived at work this morning. Thanks for chasing Dave.

el gordo replied to Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Nothing yet, still waiting for giro stage 13 prize.

Pages

Latest Comments