Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Gent - Wevelgem in Flanders Fields

So teams picked and i've got 4 cheapos and couldn't resist picking this 3.0 rider - Nicola Testi  21

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

54 comments

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

It sounds a bit fishy to me, not in the spirit of the game to get extra points because of a clock error.

Hopefully those running the game will nullify any changes made after the race had started. Fair dos.

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

Bit of perspective - Gkam's 5 breakaway points + Sagan + Degenkolb = 130pts

My 1,2,3,5,6,13 - 166 points. I was leading forums scorum anyway so Gkam hasn't changed a thing.

Of the complainers - Joel - you got 125 and christripes got 148. STEVESPRO got 48 which would have lost to Degenkolb alone.

GKam's purist team (the only one which had the breakaways) is now up to 2,092nd place overall. I think the Wiggle goodies are safe lads.

I would chalk it up to experience people and either ensure it doesn't happen again next year or remind yourself to check Twitter at 10.25am on 31/3!

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I am not playing for prizes anyway. I simply changed my purist team, stuck in those breakaways to see how it would sum up if someone actually managed to pick a few breakers like that.

I did it to see how scores compared, because I want to see more points for breakaways in one day races. So that was a perfect test platform.

You can moan and whine all you want, I can't win anything, because I help run the game. I made it quite clear what I did in this thread

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

It's not difficult to see who did it. Those additional points should be removed from the offenders. Very easy really, albeit there will be a little bit of legwork to do. It takes about 3 seconds to click on the name and see if they cheated.

At the end of the season, let's just say Wig_Billy or Gilbert and Sullivan wins a big prize instead of someone else by a handful of points...they are 2nd and 8th at the moment.

Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, ray silvester rather than G&S

ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes

177 for me

167 if my sneaky Aregger for Gruzdev is taken away

In my defence I did flag up that the race had started and the break away known early on in this thread

I'm going to use the pro-cycling excuse....I assumed everyone else was taking advantage of it so did so myself.....it's the culture  24

clock cheat=EPO or is it more like taking advantage of a rival's mechanical....that's for the game's rulers to decide?

I do feel that enrique's got some front talking about spirit of the game....perhaps Orli has a different opinion?

Joelsim replied to Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:

Bit of perspective - Gkam's 5 breakaway points + Sagan + Degenkolb = 130pts

My 1,2,3,5,6,13 - 166 points. I was leading forums scorum anyway so Gkam hasn't changed a thing.

Of the complainers - Joel - you got 125 and christripes got 148. STEVESPRO got 48 which would have lost to Degenkolb alone.

GKam's purist team (the only one which had the breakaways) is now up to 2,092nd place overall. I think the Wiggle goodies are safe lads.

I would chalk it up to experience people and either ensure it doesn't happen again next year or remind yourself to check Twitter at 10.25am on 31/3!

This isn't the point Twybaydos, it's the principle of the thing. Those that added riders after the race had started knew exactly what they were doing.

Gkam84 replied to Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

It's not difficult to see who did it. Those additional points should be removed from the offenders. Very easy really, albeit there will be a little bit of legwork to do. It takes about 3 seconds to click on the name and see if they cheated.

At the end of the season, let's just say Wig_Billy or Gilbert and Sullivan wins a big prize instead of someone else by a handful of points...they are 2nd and 8th at the moment.

Gilbert & Sullivan didn't make any Gent changes, you are seeing their Volta changes after the Gent deadline.....Volta had a 13:00 deadline....

enrique replied to ray silvester | 10 years ago
0 likes
ray silvester wrote:

I do feel that enrique's got some front talking about spirit of the game....perhaps Orli has a different opinion?

39 That hurt! After all I do for this game for free!  1 But let me address your point. You know what the spirit of the game is for me? Fun! Excitement! That's why I consider all of this peanuts! I don't think it's fair to choose those riders after the race had started, But, obviously, I'm not above taking full advantage of uh... something... and blah, blah, blah... wait, I've got technical issues, hold on, oh! Ok, yeah, as I was saying, the game is of little consequence in the big scope of things and what the hell? I've done plenty of worse things in my life than choosing a rider after a race has started. Which, to your point, can basically undermine people's trust in you irrevocably. yeah...  20

Anyways, remember last year?:

http://road.cc/content/forum/75879-tour-qatar-glitch

The only competition I won in the FS last year was that one, Qatar? Why? Because Gkam set up the transfers to be unlimited for the last stage and I squeezed in 5 when we were technically supposed to have only 2!  1

You were there. You commented:

ray silvester wrote:

After ToQ final stage: A Cav-Like kick from enrique saw him score 209 pts and blow past simon F and livestrongnick to win the competition... with Wig_Billy just holding on to the purist title...

What can I say?

It was unfair but, "everybody knew about it". I think an email was even sent out to everybody notifying them about it. I took full advantage of that!  1 I suppose it was the only way I could ever get a win here with the fierce competitition! Was it fair? No. Should I have done it? Probably not. So why should I want someone to get lambasted for doing something I myself have done (take advantage of a loophole)?

The orli account? Ouch. That hurt. Let's just say I have personality issues and, well, where was I going with this, oh, never mind, I get distracted.

Anyways, Dave got it all sorted out with a very reasonable solution, he's always the voice of reason, though you're a pretty cool cat yourself, too!  1 A little ass kissing never hurt, huh?  3

We're all still able to enjoy the game, so you got a few more points, so what? Wig Billy got mad, Joel made a big issue out of this.. I just think it's incredible how people get invested in this game... And that's what I like about this place. Everybody's invested in their own way. Me in my own way, you in ours, Joel in his, dr in his, G in his, the almighty creator, Dave, in his own way, but we're all here, aren't we? Granted some of us more annoyingly so than others, but (!), it's a testament to the quality of the experience! I love it!  1

I actually like that you're not defensive about what you did, that you come accross as and sound very reasonable. You're not taking it personally! It sounds weird to say it, but I like your personality, Ray. I also think your job is awesome, of course, but that'another point!  1 I think that's all I care about! That the game is here and we're able to play!

Remember the enthusiasm when the FS league was set up last year?:

http://road.cc/content/forum/71725-users-mini-league

That enthusiasm and energy is what this game is all about to me...

(Sigh!) I deserve the orli comments. So I can understand your point. But I still care about the game. Oh. I'll ask orli if he has any words to share  3 Nope. He just sends his regards.  1

dave atkinson replied to Joelsim | 10 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

there is no season prize.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Scores coming in now

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

If it was not your game today gkam then well played sir

Sep wasn't in purist! 12356 purist 12456 std

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

And what if it had come in? Nothing, I can't win anything from the game, so if I had come first, the prize would go to second place.

I can still win schwags, because I am not employed by and take no payment from Road.cc or their parent company  3

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

I did it knowing that I had no chance of winning anything. Unless I had 1,2,3,4, plus the 5 break aways, which was very unlikely.

I just did it to see how it compares to others scores

STEVESPRO 79 replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I did it knowing that I had no chance of winning anything. Unless I had 1,2,3,4, plus the 5 break aways, which was very unlikely.

I just did it to see how it compares to others scores

And what if that would have been the closing scenario....... Like I said very amateurish at best....
I am not sure who annoys me most about the game...You and your rule bending or Enrique`s persistant moaning........and to be in Enrique`s league is not good.... Rant over....

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

I am not sure who annoys me most about the game...You or Enrique....

Ugh. You. And your persistant moaning about me.

Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0A77rohcyg

chrisdstripes | 10 years ago
0 likes

13456 for one team, and 1236 for the other. Happy with that. Remember being criticised by gkam for lack of "community spirit" last year. But in fairness you didn't do it covertly. A bit shoddy, but scrapping the stage is crazy talk!.

Twybaydos | 10 years ago
0 likes

123456  4

Booooo rescinded!

STEVESPRO 79 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Once again I find that a game that I subscribe for has once again allowed people to cheat by not allowing for the clocks going forward..I think I am right in saying that this happened last year or the year before if not both.. A little amateurish, for a paid for service....

Having said that I saw the loophole and decided not to take advantage of it.... I have a conscience, and in my eyes its cheating, and I think the entire stage results should be scrapped...

Disappointed.....

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

1,3,5,6 so far for me

Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes

My purist team finally did better than my standard.

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Just because I help run the game. I have no way of making changes to my team that everyone else has, I cannot cheat

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Crap, I swapped in Thomas for Boonen

1 Degenkolb 2 Demare 3 Sagan 4 Vanmarcke 5 Boonen 6 Van Asbroeck 7 Tsatevitch 8 Hutarovich 9 Hushovd 10 Roelandts

livestrongnick | 10 years ago
0 likes

Degenkolb
Demare
Sagan
Vanmarcke?
Boonen?
Kristoff?
Roelandts

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

1 Degenkolb 2 Demare & 3 Sagan

So with 50 for the break and 1,3 I'm looking good  19

chiv30 replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

1 Degenkolb 2 Demare 3 Sagan

A few of us will want a stewards enquiry with you and ur break men I think  39  45

Anyway 1,3,5,6 purist for me

Wig_Billy replied to chiv30 | 10 years ago
0 likes
chiv30 wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

A few of us will want a stewards enquiry with you and ur break men I think  39  45

Why? The deadline was the same for everyone.

chiv30 replied to Wig_Billy | 10 years ago
0 likes
Wig_Billy wrote:
chiv30 wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Why? The deadline was the same for everyone.

Why? Because it was a blatant advantage by any of you that chose to exploit a server clock error , yes I saw it but I didn't use it to my advantage because not only would it be unfair on others but I would feel like a fraud.

It happened last year and it was taken advantage of and yet the same thing has happened again .....  45

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes
Twybaydos wrote:

I would chalk it up to experience people and... ensure it doesn't happen again next year or remind yourself to check Twitter at 10.25am on 31/3!

I think you're right. It's not in the spirit of the game, but what's done is done. I think G had no real intention to screw anyone over. I mean he posted his team here with a smiley face and all.

As he says:

Gkam84 wrote:

I made it quite clear what I did in this thread

Gkam84 wrote:

I wouldn't know what else to consider? Joel seems to have found out who did it, but what are we going to do? Invalidate scores? Assess a penalty? Hang the offenders? Put an asterisk by their score for the season?  39

Gkam84 wrote:

You can moan and whine all you want...

Just say you're sorry and say it was dumb...

Gkam84 | 10 years ago
0 likes

Degenkolb wins Demare 2nd

Pages

Latest Comments