Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Qatar glitch

When I go to pick team for stage 6 it's showing unlimited transfers?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

32 comments

arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ok thank u Dave.  1

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Just what I've always wanted  1

dave atkinson | 11 years ago
0 likes

you get a warm righteous glow

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

In that case can I have a 100 bonus for being a good boy?  4

0 likes

Right. so, just this once we'll reinstate people who made changes to their purist team.

but the next time we screw up – and don't think it won't happen, folks – and you find you can make some purist transfers in-game, don't. because it's a purist team.

okay?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I changed my purist KNOWING, that I shouldn't and I've been pulled from the purist overall. Oh well.....

I don't know there is a way to remedy that or not.

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

I actually bought it to admins attention by starting this thread,then got the green light from Gkam and Dave's replies so made the transfers and now I've been taken out of the overall purist league.

Worse still my 1228 points would LEAD the overall purist league  20

Gkam84 replied to silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes
silas chime wrote:

Worse still my 1228 points would LEAD the overall purist league  20

No you wouldn't I've got 1268  19

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is why I suggested if it can be done to reset all purist teams to what they were before the transfer window opened for the last stage. I'm sure this has been done before from what I have read on the forum. Seems like the fairest answer if it is possible. If its not I would suggest perhaps nulifying purist points for the last stage if that can be done? But then those who didn't make changes will complain that they are being penalised if they miss out on points gained, which is a fair enough opinion.

I think this will have to be a trial by judge and jury composed of Dave to sort this one out.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I know I'm coming across as harsh but re-instating people who made transfers (and some people will have gone to town and made loads of transfers to take advantage of this) is harsh on those who stuck to the idea of a purist team.

As a compromise I might suggest stripping the ToQ score of those who made transfers out of their overall Purist score but reinstating them into the overall season long league. Obviously this might not be doable and what is possible within the game engine will dictate what happens but I would find it hugely unfair to let this slide and let players get away with abusing this mistake.

Noriko replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

I don't think anyone's abused the situation really, especially since there was an email sent out informing folks that unlimited transfers were available and to treat it as a bonus. Had that email not gone out then yeah, it would be like people were exploiting the glitch. That said, I didn't make any changes myself because it did feel like it goes against the spirit of the purist thing. Plus I'm too lazy.

JAndrewHill replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

I know I'm coming across as harsh but re-instating people who made transfers (and some people will have gone to town and made loads of transfers to take advantage of this) is harsh on those who stuck to the idea of a purist team.

As a compromise I might suggest stripping the ToQ score of those who made transfers out of their overall Purist score but reinstating them into the overall season long league. Obviously this might not be doable and what is possible within the game engine will dictate what happens but I would find it hugely unfair to let this slide and let players get away with abusing this mistake.

35  1
I stuck with just two xfers, and got my 180+ badge, and a sense of moral superiority.

JAndrewHill replied to drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

35  1
I stuck with just two xfers, and got my 180+ badge, and a sense of moral superiority.

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

I agree with drheaton too.

I was just trying to exploit the loophole because I thought everyone else would, and that it was being treated as a free pick session as if it were the start of the competition because of "clerical error". I can't remember the details but we had a similar problem last year. I didn't exploit the loophole then but everyone else did so I was disadvantaged. I didn't want that to happen twice. If you can't beat them join them as they say.  46

ChefSpijker | 11 years ago
0 likes

Agree with drheaton.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Part of me says that purist status shouldn't be affected by this but in fairness, it's a purist competition and making transfers mid-race goes completely against that.

I stuck to the purist format and didn't make any changes even though it would have been hugely beneficial to me to do so. Surely everyone knew that making transfers on your purist team was dodgy and you knew you were trying to exploit a loophole?

letsgoup | 11 years ago
0 likes

I understood it to be that we could make unlimited transfers to both standard and purist teams so I did. Have I misunderstood? (it did let me make the changes afterall) It looks like my purist team is now not showing in the purist standings- I guess for obvious reasons. So whats going to happen going forwards. Do I loose my season long purist status now for my purist team. If my purist team can be reset to what it was before I made the changes I have no problem with that. But I'm guessing lots of others have done the same thing.  17

arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes

oh shit  31 , I made a change and now I'm not counted as purist anymore. That's not fair, since it was unlimited transfers.  7
Please Dave, you can't do that to me, my whole season would be ruined.  20 I only replaced Trentin (5pts) with Rowe (5pts), so it makes no difference. I would've won the purists' Tour of Qatar.
I would be incredibly grateful, if you correct that.  105

nickobec | 11 years ago
0 likes

Hey I am playing with a standard team and did not get unlimited transfers, instead only 100 free transfers, not that matters, stick to my original 2

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

If you make changes to your purist, They won't count....as far as I'm aware

arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes

Thank you Noriko. How's your team doing? Hope you will be up there with me again soon, as I'm aiming for the overall win this year.  16  4  3

Noriko replied to arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes

You're my tip for the overall this year, arsene. With Gkam a close second I reckon. My team's still carrying a few extra pounds after Christmas and struggling to keep up. Hopefully be in better shape for the spring classics.  45

arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes

I haven't got an email. Just to make sure I got it right: I can make unlimited transfers to my purist team for tomorrow's stage 6?

Noriko replied to arsene | 11 years ago
0 likes

This is what the email says:

"Tour of Qatar - unlimited transfers for stage six
Thanks to a slight clerical error on our part the sixth stage of the Tour of Qatar has unlimited transfers available. Take it as an early season bonus!

The transfer window closes 1015GMT tomorrow. Good luck!"

But I think you should keep it pure, arsene.  3

simon F | 11 years ago
0 likes

Still seems to be unlimited changes for purists as well. What will happen if I change my purist team? I'd love to drop Modolo from it at the very least. I didn't even want any extra changes for the standard team anyway  2

0 likes

i've emailed everyone to let them know it's a stage six beanfeast

TERatcliffe26 | 11 years ago
0 likes

I doubt it will make much difference to which team wins the ToQ, as anyone high up will already have a good team, and making it better through using extra transfers would be limited by credits anyway

The only thing it may affect is the stage winner for stage 6, and any bade achievements people may not otherwise have got

Im not sure im gonna even need to make any changes for stage 6 anyway

0 likes

i have turned off transfers for purist teams tho

0 likes

i thought i'd changed it too. apologies. since the stage is open i can't really change it now though

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

ShHhhhhhHHhHHHHH  19

That was my mistake when setting up the race, I thought Dave had changed it, but if not, then take it as an early season bonus from me  26

Pages

Latest Comments