Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Converting bolt axel to quick release

Hello,
Thank you for welcoming me to your forum.
I'm having trouble seeing if my front wheel needs a whole axel system, or does it need just the axel rod?? I'm going to eventually change my back wheel to quick release.

I've purchased a pinhead quick release.

And I know I'll have to measure the specific size. (Diameter and length).

Current parts:
Front Hub:Track, bolt-on with track axle nuts, 32 hole
Rear Hub: Track, bolt-on with track axle nuts, 32 hole

What tool (s) will I need to do this.

Thank you,

Here is a photo.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Pilot Pete | 2 years ago
0 likes

Did you not think of Google? This is the first result from a search.

https://youtu.be/gsdxS046jpo

Theo32 replied to Pilot Pete | 2 years ago
0 likes

Hello Pilot Pete,

Yes, I did, and this was the first video that came up first for me too. Thank you.. Some people aka, me, are not privileged enough to have all these tools. So, therefore, I gave specific details of the model, type, and dimensions of my bike in hope someone has the same bike and have done the measurements already. Thank for you I'm out still.

👍🏼😉

Pilot Pete replied to Theo32 | 2 years ago
1 like

Good luck with that but I suspect you will find the grand total of zero people who will have done that with exactly the same bike and hubs you have.

You asked what tools you need in your first post, the video shows them. 

You are now asking if someone has already done it because you can't take the measurements yourself because you are not privileged enough to have 'all these tools".

So I am confused. If you are asking what tools you need,  the answer is there in the video.

If you simply want the measurements, why not just buy a cheap vernier caliper? You could have got one of these ordered and delivered by now and have your measurements. https://www.screwfix.com/p/magnusson-vernier-callipers-6-150mm-/4269V?tc...

Latest Comments