Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Derby Cycle Infrastructure Fail

The opening of a section of the city centre pedestrianised area to cyclists - doesn't seem to be popular according to the local press (complete with Daily Mail style anti cycling comments)

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/st-peters-street-branded-dangerous-1665236

Favourite part of the article is that the reporter saw "hoardes of cyclists". Which begs the question, whois hoarding them? and why?. Suspect they really meant to say hordes, and by hordes they really meant "a few cyclists".

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

ChrisB200SX | 5 years ago
3 likes

"Cyclists recently given permission to ride in St Peter's Street are flouting the new rules by doing it at times when they don't have permission."

Um, so they've stalked those that are riding in that area legally and can confirm that the same cyclists are also riding the same area when they shouldn't be? I think not. Probably, the people breaking the rules were already breaking the rules before they changed, but let's not get the facts get in the way of a good lawful-cyclist bashing.

pockstone | 5 years ago
1 like

My God... won't someone think of the pigeons!!!

Leviathan | 5 years ago
3 likes

Perhaps he thinks all cyclists are Mongolian?

HowardR replied to Leviathan | 5 years ago
3 likes

Leviathan wrote:

Perhaps he thinks all cyclists are Mongolian?

Never mind pointless arguments over the wearing of high viz & polystyrene hats - silk shirts, fur hats & recurve bows is definitely the way to go. 

I shall add some target practice to my turbo sessions first thing tomorrow - after which I shall sweep across the Hungarian plains before besieging Vienna. 

Latest Comments