Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Women's Fantasy Races

Ok I know I'm going to get the full wrath of the social justice warriors here ... but is there any need for the women's races to be included in the fantasy league? I appreciate they are brilliant athletes and would whip my backside on a bike but that's not the point, a lot of people don't follow women's racing and that doesn't make you a bad person or less a cycling fan. Plus if you do make the effort and try and research there is not a lot of info on races and start lists. I picked Armitstead for today to get a roster change email at 12:15 to say she's not racing by that time too late to make changes as deadline has passed and that's not a criticism of road.cc just demonstrates difficulties in getting info and yes I know men's racing has late changes etc but it's usually within time to make changes. Anyway am I the only person who feels it's better sticking to the men's elite??

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

65 comments

cgipryan | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm pretty sure my overall score has changed as well after the Women's Samyn...

pclark007 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have also had the same issue as Mike.Franchetti. I did not sign up as the info page clearly states, "This competition doesn't count towards any leagues." Yet, I have also fallen in the season competition for getting zero points at Women's Samyn.

What is the policy here - do these women's races count in the season competition or not?

Many thanks for an answer.

pclark007 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I have also had the same issue as Mike.Franchetti. I did not sign up as the info page clearly states, "This competition doesn't count towards any leagues." Yet, I have also fallen in the season competition for getting zero points at Women's Samyn.

What is the policy here - do these women's races count in the season competition or not?

pclark007 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Mike.Franchetti | 9 years ago
0 likes

I didn't get a team out in time for Le Samyn, but have joined now and been reading up for Strade Bianche for a bit of fun.

Since I've joined though, I have fallen in the season competition for getting zero points at Samyn. I thought this competition was a bonus- anybody else same problem?

spurs810 replied to Mike.Franchetti | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've had the same problem mate been punished In the overall, was sure this was a bonus competition

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

I really shouldn't have taken out Anna van der breggen this morning for Ellen Van Dijk. bum.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

They are not hidden riders, we fire in the startlists we have to hand, the reason the all riders button is there, if you know better than us, by all means select another rider, if they happen to ride, you get points.

Gilbert and Sullivan | 9 years ago
0 likes

I don't think errbud is belittling women's cycling at all,too many people jumping on that as a reflex reaction without listening to what he's saying.

The game is getting overly intricate for me,hidden rider lists,bonus competitions appearing out the blue left right and centre where nobody knows who's riding,WTF,is this really the direction to go in? If i wanted to become a spook i'd have applied to MI5.

errbud | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm sorry where did I belittle woman's cycling? don't agree with your analogy either but it's ok I get it now if you don't like it don't play and keep your mouth shut. Cheers

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

But your having an opinion on something you are choosing to play and then saying why is it included. You wouldnt say i dont like this music but im still going to listen to anyway and then tell the makers they shouldnt make it anymore.

Its alright saying you dont like the womens races and your reasons why may be equally valid but equally it doesnt warrant a belittling of womens cycling which is how it has come across as much as anything else

errbud | 9 years ago
0 likes

I didn't know about the show all riders button will do that in future. I'll note that expressing an opinion is frowned upon unless favourable in future

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

The womens world cup will count overall, but the classics are just a bonus to get people into womens cycling. IF they want to be  105

Allan Bremner replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

The womens world cup will count overall, but the classics are just a bonus to get people into womens cycling. IF they want to be  105

The game information clearly states that the women's classics are a bonus competition which doesn't count towards any leagues. Le Samyn des Dames is a classic and not a Women's world cup event. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Everyone who is saying the tried to pick Blaak, you had that choice. IF you KNEW she was riding, fair enough, hit the "show all riders" and BOOM, you can pick whomever you like.

We just go on the information we have at any set time.

If you don't want to play the womens racing, that is fine, plenty of people on here do, we ran it last year aswell, there is nothing forcing you to play it.

errbud replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Sigh ... as stated already I know I don't have to play it, I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same. Do the scores not count for your overall? If so it impacts on your whole season

chiv30 replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Everyone who is saying the tried to pick Blaak, you had that choice. IF you KNEW she was riding, fair enough, hit the "show all riders" and BOOM, you can pick whomever you like.

We just go on the information we have at any set time.

If you don't want to play the womens racing, that is fine, plenty of people on here do, we ran it last year aswell, there is nothing forcing you to play it.

It's not like me to agree with gkam but he's right . Blaak was there as well as mooleman hence I picked her (last year's runner up and a bit of a beast in all honesty )

As for lizzie armistead if you knew where to look you would have known she wasn't due to ride , even based on what I researched there was little chance of getting more than about 3 or 4 riders scoring due to prices and budget so if you had 2/3 riders score be happy , after all women's racing is purely for fun in road.cc comp wise

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Let's just enjoy it for what it is, and that is imperfect due to the dearth of information about starters. It's an issue but as said above no-one is forced to play it, it's a bonus competition aside from the others for that very reason.

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Same i tried picking blaak 2 days ago  7

errbud | 9 years ago
0 likes

No its not, I don't think it runs well and today proved that. If I'm the only person that doesn't like it well fine I'm in the minority not trying to stop other people from playing.

Aragonite | 9 years ago
0 likes

But thats what your saying to womens cycling. You dont like it, so you want everyone to stick to the mens elite.

errbud | 9 years ago
0 likes

Who said anything about it winding me up? Sorry I thought a forum was for discussion not if you don't like it F*** O**

Aragonite | 9 years ago
0 likes

These games are meant to be fun, are they not? If one was winding me up rather than giving me entertainment I know what I would do.

errbud | 9 years ago
0 likes

"If you don't like it don't play" is kind of denying someone's opinion

Aragonite | 9 years ago
0 likes

I also would have picked Blaak. I have her selected in the FSA comp., so not all bad for me. I am in no way denying you an opinion, only stating mine.

errbud | 9 years ago
0 likes

It's not the same for everyone only for people who wanted to pick her she was 4th at Omloop last week not like she was some no mark who pulled of a shock. I object to the "if you don't like it don't play" standard reply I have paid and played this since it started as a customer I'm entitled to an opinion am I not?

Aragonite | 9 years ago
0 likes

Blaak not starting is the same for everyone. I must admit to not knowing a great deal about womens cycling, but with this comp. running I will know a lot more next year. If you don't like it don't play it, but I'm in. The more games the merrier. It is just a bit of fun after all.

Aragonite | 9 years ago
0 likes

Blaak not starting is the same for everyone. I must admit to not knowing a great deal about womens cycling, but with this comp. running I will know a lot more next year. If you don't like it don't play it, but I'm in. The more games the merrier. It is just a bit of fun after all.

0 likes

I dont think it counts in the overall league, but does count in any leagues set up by yourselves

0 likes

I dont think it counts in the overall league, but does count in any leagues set up by yourselves

Pages

Latest Comments