Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Stage 4: Giovinazzo > Bari - 4 transfers ( save )

Hello everyone,

Dave,

If i don't use the 4 transfers in stage 4 (Stage 4: Giovinazzo > Bari) ... in stage 5 i would have 6 transfers?

Best regards

Pedro

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

61 comments

Philip Unwin | 9 years ago
0 likes

Time will be taken at the end of penultimate lap for general classification and then race for positions will be end of final lap.

0 likes

I think end time was taken at first crossing of finish line' but they raced for the intermediate sprint and may race the final circuit. They are still arguing though.

Tom Amos | 9 years ago
0 likes

According to cycling news live feed, race is now confirmed as neutralized.

0 likes

maybe race is on, roads drying.

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Evening Peeps,

Skittles gone .don't mind that as was getting very worried that I went matthews in purist.

3 Trades today , had to sack Lancaster(only Orica not in top 10 GC virtually lol), wyss and Ruffoni.

Bought In : NACER, CHICCI, MURILO FISCHER(nacer teamamte)

KITTEL
VIVIANI
MATTHEWS
NIZZOLO
BOUHANNI
FERRARI
SWIFT
CHICCI
FISCHER

Good Luck all.

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

No changes for me today!

chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've got no problem with when the deadlines are set, was just saying its a shame he hadn't decided earlier so those of us that noticed could have changed our teams. Working from home today, so that bit of luck might have gone some way to cancelling out the bad luck of having Dan Martin in my purists!

0 likes

At the moment it is thought that the race will finish at the first passage of the finish line and the route around Bari will be neutralised.

0 likes

Riders not racing at the moment, talking about neutralizing the stage.
Roads too slippy in the rain.

stenmeister | 9 years ago
0 likes

He wouldn't have won anyway.  4

Tom Amos | 9 years ago
0 likes

The consolation is that most people will have Kittel in their team

simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes

And there's still half an hour to race start. Damn you, early deadlines  19

enrique replied to simon F | 9 years ago
0 likes
simon F wrote:

And there's still half an hour to race start...

What a pity...  7

0 likes

PS - Unlucky livestrongnick!

livestrongnick replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

PS - Unlucky livestrongnick!

20  20  20  24

0 likes

Damn you Kittel - couldn't you have announced that 30 minutes earlier?!

"So, the Giro got me earlier then I thought. Absolutely disappointed that I have to leave this beautiful race today because of a fever. :'((("

allezrider replied to chrisdstripes | 9 years ago
0 likes
chrisdstripes wrote:

"So, the Giro got me earlier then I thought. Absolutely disappointed that I have to leave this beautiful race today because of a fever. :'((("

Fairer for everybody that it was announced after the deadline - those of us not permanently hooked up to cycling news feeds not being disadvantaged, though I did check that the transfer window wasn't open when I saw the news  3

simon F replied to allezrider | 9 years ago
0 likes
allezrider wrote:

Fairer for everybody that it was announced after the deadline - those of us not permanently hooked up to cycling news feeds not being disadvantaged, though I did check that the transfer window wasn't open when I saw the news  3

It would be fairer for everyone if we all had the ability of wig_billy to pick winners as well. We all choose how much time we can/wish to spend on the game and it doesn't make it less fair if some of us spend more time on it than others. It's a competition.
Plus, your post was 4 mins before the race start so if the deadlines were tied to that time as they used to be, you would still have had time to change your time, permanently hooked up to feeds or not.

Alan Tullett replied to allezrider | 9 years ago
0 likes
allezrider wrote:
chrisdstripes wrote:

So did I. There is a cycling news app though if you have some kind of Internet access. Might be using it more now!

First stage in Italy, first chaos! Plus ca change! Or the Italian version.

New tarmac the problem I think.

No Nizzolo costing me again!

stenmeister | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've had a pretty good team so far so just one transfer for me (putting in Nizzolo) and leaving transfers for swapping sprinters out for climbers later in the week.

0 likes

I've kept the same team - 7 sprinters (Sunday's top 5 plus Matthews and Hurel) plus Fedi and Boem. Could've brought in another sprinter (Ferrari?) but would be dropping straight out again tomorrow so would effectively have needed 20 points today just to break even.

Tomorrow though?! So many possibilities. Break stays away? A couple of under-the-radar puncheurs with a late attack? Or if one of the GC guys goes, the others will have to follow...

livestrongnick | 9 years ago
0 likes

Finally put Kittel in my team  31 feel like i was the only one to not have him in  40

Hoping for a fullhouse today + my sprinters badge as long as Bouhanni doesn't spoil it for me  45

Elia Viviani (CAD)
Manuel Belletti (AND)
Roberto Ferrari (LAM)
Michael Matthews (OGE)
Giacomo Nizzolo (TFR)
Marcel Kittel (GSH)
Ben Swift (SKY)
Tony Hurel (EUC)
Maarten Tjallingii (BLK)

0 likes

I thought about Tjallingi, but no KOMs today so although its a guaranteed 5 points, its unlikely to be any more. But if you were bringing him in for tomorrow anyway, then no reason not to do it a day early...

ray silvester | 9 years ago
0 likes

one change today....will leave me SEVEN for tomorrow

Tjallingi in for Bol(Watch that go spectacularly wrong and get out and have a fiver on Jetse to come in the top 3 today!!)

Kittel
Bouhanni
Matthews
Swift
Viviani
Ventoso
Oss
Durbridge
Tjallingi

Tom Amos | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've got SEVEN *evil laugh*

VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Is there A limit to amount of trades you can save, I thought it was a lot last year , but limited to 6 this year ?

dave atkinson replied to VVV73 | 9 years ago
0 likes
VVV73 wrote:

Is there A limit to amount of trades you can save, I thought it was a lot last year , but limited to 6 this year ?

it used to be limited, but now it's not.

VVV73 replied to dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes
Dave Atkinson wrote:
VVV73 wrote:

it used to be limited, but now it's not.

Thank you for reply Dave.

petiagos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

I reckon Joelsim will still find a way to get penalty points though  3

Pages

Latest Comments