The K-Edge Garmin Mount XL is designed to work with the new Garmin Edge 1000, and to be long enough to hold that newer, bigger device out in front of your stem where it's nice and visible. It does that, so you can relax now.
You're probably wondering why you'd need to spend £32.99 (less online) on this mount when you get a perfectly serviceable quarter-turn out-front mount with your Edge 1000 when you buy it. Well, you don't. But this is a nice mount, CNC machined from billet alloy, anodised in one of four colours (blue, black, gunmetal grey and red) with a snug plastic insert for the quarter-turn mechanism so your Garmin doesn't get scratched.
If you have more than one bike to hang your Edge 1000 from (likely) then you can get a good-looking one that matches. And the plastic Garmin one isn't a whole lot less if you have to buy a second. And this one sits the the Garmin lower, more in line with the bars. So it's probably more aero. Probably.
Anyway it's nicely made, it does the job very well, you get some colour choices and it looks a bit more flash. So if you need a second out-front Garmin mount, or the one you have breaks or something, it's certainly one to look at. You may not replace your current, perfectly good, mount with it though. Don't do it. I'll find out.
Good choice if you need a second out-front mount for your Garmin Edge 1000
If you're thinking of buying this product using a cashback deal why not use the road.cc Top Cashback page and get some top cashback while helping to support your favourite independent cycling website
Make and model: K-Edge Garmin Mount XL
Size tested: n/a
Tell us what the product is for, and who it's aimed at. What do the manufacturers say about it? How does that compare to your own feelings about it?
The K-EDGE Pro Handlebar Mount - XL was designed specifically to accommodate the larger size of the Garmin Edge® 1000. Our Professional grade mount for the Garmin Edge® 1000 with its sleek design and placement of the computer enhances the use of the Garmin Edge® 1000, but also works great with all Garmin Edge® models, including the 200, 500, 510, 800, 810, Touring, Touring Plus, and Forerunner 310XT**.
* STRONG – CNC machined aluminum platform engineered to securely hold your Garmin.
* POSITIVE – Advanced Injection Molded Garmin Interface improves computer holding power and retains K-EDGE's signature definitive 'click' with four secure locking points.
* PRO – Same ideal position as the original K-EDGE Garmin mount: Low, aero position - flush with top of handlebars. Secure strength.
* COMPATIBILITY – New design optimized for Edge®1000 (also works with 810, 800, 510, 500, 200, Forerunner 310XT, Touring and Touring Plus). Mount Interface can be configured for using the Edge®1000 in wide (landscape) mode.
The K-EDGE Computer Mount positions the Garmin computer display below the top of the handlebars, centered and in-front of the stem. This gives the user an improved ergonomic view of the display from their position on the bike and a wind-cheating, sleek cockpit.
Made in the USA, Lifetime Guarantee against material or manufacture defects. Damages due to abuse or crashing excluded.
Tell us some more about the technical aspects of the product?
* Compatibility – 31.8mm diameter handlebars
* Supported Computers – New design optimized to fit the Edge®1000. Will fit all Garmin Edge® Computers including the 1000, 810, 800, 510, 500, and 200. Also supports the Touring, Touring Plus, and Forerunner 310XT.
* Dual positioning for portrait or landscape mode options of the Edge®1000
* CNC Machined 6061-T6 Aluminum Platform
* Injection Molded Garmin Specific Co-Polymer Interface
* Weight – 34 grams
* Colors – Anodized Black, Red, Gunmetal, and Blue
* Warranty – All K-EDGE products are guaranteed to perform for a lifetime
* Made in Boise, Idaho, USA
Did you enjoy using the product? inasmuch as you enjoy using a Garmin mount, yes.
Would you consider buying the product? Yes, for a second bike.
Would you recommend the product to a friend? Yes.
Age: 42 Height: 190cm Weight: 102kg
I usually ride: whatever I'm testing... My best bike is: Kinesis Tripster ATR
I've been riding for: Over 20 years I ride: Every day I would class myself as: Experienced
I regularly do the following types of riding: road racing, commuting, club rides, sportives, general fitness riding, fixed/singlespeed, mtb, Mountain Bike Bog Snorkelling, track
Dave is a founding father of road.cc, having previously worked on Cycling Plus and What Mountain Bike magazines back in the day. He also writes about e-bikes for our sister publication ebiketips. He's won three mountain bike bog snorkelling World Championships, and races at the back of the third cats.