Home

Just wondering if anyone has ordered wheels from ZUUS since January 1st and if they've actually received them?

71 comments

StoopidUserName [678 posts] 5 months ago
2 likes

Does that mean you haven't?

Might be better off posting on the bikeradar forum, it has more footfall so to speak and there used to be a zuus wheels thread on there

dooderooni [39 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

Well guessed yes

I'll hopefully get a positive response from them tomorrow.

bobinski [305 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

I have and very nice they are too. Taking them to Girona next Friday. Will report back.

bobinski [305 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

I have and very nice they are too. Taking them to Girona next Friday. Will report back.

0 likes

When did you order them and when did you get them delivered if you don't mind me asking?

I've been waiting 8 weeks and counting for mine.

StoopidUserName [678 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

Still waiting? I'm looking at a pair at the minute...

pastyfacepaddy [50 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes
dooderooni wrote:

When did you order them and when did you get them delivered if you don't mind me asking?

I've been waiting 8 weeks and counting for mine.

That seems strange they've always been excellent from a customer service point of view. Have you messaged them using the message function within your account on their website or via FB?

0 likes

Just a quick update, the rims are apparently stuck in UK customs and Zuus can't give an estimate as to when I'll get my wheels.

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement and in all honesty, I'd be very reluctant to recommend them.

stucky [42 posts] 4 months ago
0 likes

any news on the wheels dooderooni? I'm looking at a pair as well and spoke to them regarding their UCI Approval. They replied right away and sent me the certificate they received from the UCI, which i can confirm i found on their list. 

Yukmouth [1 post] 3 months ago
0 likes

I order a set of their 50mm Pro SL's start of March with a dispatch date being stated as the 25th March. Instead, I received them some 8 weeks later but only after several phone calls chasing. I was going to ask for a refund but they managed to get it done and then dispatched after Easter break.

They said it was due to demand and then this also changed to customs issues.

Decals not great, there is no real positioning on my set, so doesn't line up leaving the tire logo, zuus logo and valve sitting in weird positions... They are very easily removed (a good thing or a bad thing?!) But if I was to order again, I'd leave them off.

Despite finally having them now, the weather's been bad/not had time to try them properly. So can let you know how they perform after this bank holiday!

Hope OP finally received them too?

dooderooni [39 posts] 3 months ago
1 like

I thought I'd better provide an update now I've been riding my wheels for a few weeks.

Out of the gate, let me first say that despite the 3 month wait, I'd recommend these wheels to anyone looking for some reasonably priced, good quality carbon hoops.

First impressions were good, they arrived well packaged,well built and pleasingly lightweight. As was pointed out above, the decal placement could be better, but unless you're OCD or wanting to post pictures of your bike for judgement online then you'll not notice them as you whizz down the road. 

Mounting the new Vittoria Corsa tyres was a bit of an effort, but that was true of the same tyres on my Vision hoops. Out on the road the Zuus wheels feel really good and while it's easy to use the usual throwaway adjectives to describe their performance I will say that they are quick to accellerate, roll along very nicely and genuinely have reduced my segment times. On the climbs I've not experienced any noticable flex and the 50mm torroidal rim shape coupled with the 25mm tyres has not caused any problems in crosswinds or from passing vehicles. The provided rim tape, skewers and brake pads are all decent too. I can't comment too much on braking in the wet, but in the dry the brake pads work very well.

Regarding the delays, Alyson at Zuus could not have been more helpful and she was as frustrated at anyone with the delay caused by shipping and the rims subsequently being held in UK customs. Her inbox must have been inundated with complaints. I negotiated a free hub upgrade with Alyson due to the long delays and Zuus deserve a lot of credit for that. I think (hope) that Zuus will have learned a few painful lessons over this period and that they'll not be caught out by demand and stock levels in the future.

As I stated earlier, I'm very happy with my wheels and would recommend that anyone thinking of getting some should first give Zuus a ring and check on the lead-time, particularly if you're intending to have the wheels in time for a specific event or trip for example.

Spangly Shiny [266 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

I feel the need to point out that these rims are not toroidal (one r not two). The cross section of a toroid is a circle not a wheel well!

Do you mean that the cross section widest part of the dished part of the rim is greater than that of the brake track perhaps?

dooderooni [39 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Ok, they're oval in cross section if you will, the same shape as a set of Zipps that are based on the Zipp Hybrid Toroid patent US#5975645 and that Zipp call hybrid toroidal on their own product pages.

Spangly Shiny [266 posts] 3 months ago
1 like

So Zipp don't know what a toroid is either.

Fast14 [2 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

I had an order in with ZUUS  they were unable to deliver the product for over a month .

bad comunication bad customer service . When they were informed that if the product was not delivered in 1 week they canceled the order and did not inform me .  So end result the order went to Farsports.

Fast14 [2 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

I had an order in with ZUUS  they were unable to deliver the product for over a month .

bad comunication bad customer service . When they were informed that if the product was not delivered in 1 week they canceled the order and did not inform me .  So end result the order went to Farsports.

bobinski [305 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

I ordered mine and had to wait for parts to come in to stock. Good comma with Alyson. Have since used the wheels in Girona and I am packed and ready to be beaten up on the double devil tomorrow. I am really happy with them. They are round and they roll! They seem to roll faster than my Hunt 4 seasons on same tyres and they certainly hold speed longer but then at 50mm depth I would expect that.They look great. I thought given I run discs I would be irritated by the brake track  but I am not an dinky 1 person has noticed it, given the carbon weave. 550km over 4 days in Girona and no issues. Hopefully I can say the same after the dd.

bobinski [305 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

And they were fine on the DD too, which is more than can be said for the rider!

Pedro08 [2 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

I ordered a set of wheels in March, they didn’t arrive on time so I started chasing them.It was always ‘hopefully next week ‘.in the end I asked whether I asked I was ‘likely to get them this summer or even this year ‘ .They replied ‘box on way from customs so hopefully next week ‘. I left it for another week but no show so cancelled.A week later I called my bank to check I had been refunded, I hadn’t .so emailed Zuus and asked them to do so .i didn’t get a reply and after another week still no money returned so the bank is going to try to get the money back. I’m now going to get some cero wheels,(similar spec /price ) and in stock!! Plus great reviews in cycling weekly

DaveK [1 post] 2 months ago
1 like

Stay well clear of Zuus

1. Advertised their product as produced within 10 days
  2. Sales contract states produced within 10 days
  3. Not one proactive attempt at communication from Zuus
  4. Numerous false promises made by Will, Alyson and Kathryn all in response to my emails enquiring on delivery date
  5. 10 days changed to 3 weeks for production promise
  6. Zuus then blocked my email address
  7. After over 6 weeks they claimed to refund my order (still not in bank account) without my authority to cancel order or refund. No mention of any compensation or repayment of interests earned or damages
  8. Zero customer service, always blaming the size of their company and customs
  9. No efforts to resolve or offer any form of amicable solution 
fukawitribe [2837 posts] 2 months ago
4 likes
Spangly Shiny wrote:

I feel the need to point out that these rims are not toroidal (one r not two). The cross section of a toroid is a circle not a wheel well!

The cross section, perpendicular to the axis of rotation, of a toroid is not a circle in general, it is for a torus.

Spangly Shiny wrote:

So Zipp don't know what a toroid is either.

If they don't, it would seem that they're not the only ones.

ghostface_kilo [1 post] 2 months ago
2 likes

I had been watching this thread up until a few days ago. I was undecided about buying from Zuus, given the reported issues with delivery. I just noticed they seem to have deleted their facebook account, and along with the new comments on this thread I am going to give them a miss. 

blobbo [2 posts] 2 months ago
1 like

I have some 50mm wheels just less than 2 years (they were my mates - warranty non transferable!) had a few problems with the hubs bearings etc.  Been trying to get hold of them as there was a problem with the shim washer - NO RESPONSE - it may be game over for ZUUS the website has gone down now - anyone with outstanding orders I'd be worried!

Nathan79 [40 posts] 2 months ago
1 like

I ordered some last year 50mm for campag  (available on their website)  waited for weeks and weeks with no update, eventually spun the yarn of  customs issues and promised a delivery date which came and went.  I was patient throughout this as I thought its a small  british company, lets give them time.

Then after a number of months they turned round and said "we can't supply those wheels with Campag " WTF !!!

Eventually got a refund, I wouldn't touch them again.

Hjws27 [3 posts] 2 months ago
2 likes

Does anyone else have orders outstanding with them? 

I've been chasing for around 10 weeks to sort an order and have just noticed that their website and Facebook page have both been taken down...

mels [2 posts] 2 months ago
1 like

I've not been able to contact them by email or telephone and their website and Facbook is down, I assume they've gone out of business now.

rundazride [1 post] 2 months ago
2 likes

They took my money and now the website of down and Facebook page closed. I've tried calling and emailing but nothing.. Took a look at company reg and it says they dissolved in January.. Not happy

Will737 [3 posts] 2 months ago
0 likes

Same story, ordered some wheels last week, no reply from the company via email or telephone...

blobbo [2 posts] 2 months ago
2 likes

sounds like fraud to me if they have been dissolved and continued to trade and take peoples money!!!!

Mark Wood [3 posts] 2 months ago
1 like

Hi Guys 

I am the same, purchased at the beginig of April and have been told the same story as above.  However, my accounts depart has done a search on companies house and they were DISOLVED on the 8th January 2019.   

I have contacted the trading stanadrds and my credit card who have confirm on theri searches that ZUUS SPORTS asre disolved.  

The Credit Card company has raised the dispute with the recieving bank and credited my card. however, I am unable to use this credit for 90 days.  No new wheel for me this summer!!!!!

Sorry for the bad news. CROOKS

This is the link to companies house:  https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09255373

Pages