Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Spring classics game

Hi folks. I notice the start list for the Strade Bianche stage is not up to date. I'm under the impression that both of Sagan and Kwiatakowski (amongst others) will be starting the race and definitely amongst the favourites. Will there be an update?....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

36 comments

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi Andy. Final question to familiarise myself with this paticular game. One or two big picks are already out of the second stage (Strade Bianchi) and one or two big name doubts (I'n  sure you know who they are). 

When you update the game by adding the riders in that didn't ride on stage 1 do you remove those riders that won't race in Stage 2  (so in effect end up with the start list for Strade Bianchi) or is it down to us to have done our research well and you keep them in the game for subsequent stages?

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
1 like

Agreed Andy. The Omloop was a good example. The Samyn race yesterday being another one....three excellent Quick step floor riders but who is lead rider from one classics race to the next?...could be any of them.

my ploy for the Spring Classics is to lean heavily on who will ride consecutive races rather than end up using too many transfers repairing blanks in my squad. So for the Omloop I went with 7/8 good picks who looked likely to sart the Strade Bianchi as well...We'll see how it all pans out....Tough game to call for sure. 

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

I don't know of specific deadlines per se, unless you count the sign on.  You'll usually find accurate start lists if there are multiple races coming up because then teams can't hedge their bets as much.  With a race such as Strade Bianche, the rosters will be mostly accurate when they're first announced with one or two changes likely.  The only major changes (with race favourites) are likely down to illness.

All prices are determined on a competition-to-competition basis.  So these rider values are fixed for the whole Spring Classics campaign.  One day races are less about budget management anyway and there are shrewd picks to be had everywhere, especially if people put in a wee bit of research.  What we do try and avoid is everyone picking a team full of race favourites because then they'll be a whole load of teams that are almost identical.  It's not the smartest thing to do anyway, just look at the Omloop last Saturday.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Just clicked that show all riders.....and wow....Kwiatkowski at 21.8....That'll do nicely.

how are prices determined Andy....and will they fluctuate from race to race?.....So in other words if I sell somebody from a medium mountain stage during a run of flat stages will he have gone up in price when I want to get him back?

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Andy.  I appreciate this game must be different to most others because of the multiple deadlines. Is there an actual rule in one day races that teams have to declare their riders. So that is to say similar to football where they have to declare one hour before kick off.

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm waiting for a few more sqauds to confirm rosters so people don't get innundated with emails about roster changes.  The danger being, people could use up a transfer bringing in a guy who ends up being replaced.  So far, it looks like 7 squads are confirmed out of 21.  When it ticks over 10 or so later today (hopefully), I'll update the start list.

In the meantime, if people are desperate, it's possible to click 'Show All Riders' on the transfers page and do it that way.

Pages

Latest Comments