Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ride London 100

Yet again I didn't make it through the ballot, I think I'll avoid disappointment next year and not bother.  

All the more frustrating when the TV coverage featured people who admitted not being regualar cyclists and had done virtually zero preparation.

Yes, I can make a big charity commitment and get a place but after orgainising a fundraiser last yeat I can't go asking friends and family to donate yet again, especially when they know I'm a regular cyclist anyhow.

What other 100 miler would people recommend in the South/South East?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

34 comments

macrophotofly | 6 years ago
0 likes

How and when did you find out? I don't appear to have recieved an e-mail yet from RideLondon telling me either way (despite having plenty from them initially and plenty from the charities).

As an alternative, what about the Tour of Cambridgeshire...

Joe Totale replied to macrophotofly | 6 years ago
0 likes
macrophotofly wrote:

How and when did you find out? I don't appear to have recieved an e-mail yet from RideLondon telling me either way (despite having plenty from them initially and plenty from the charities).

As an alternative, what about the Tour of Cambridgeshire...

I received my information pack in the post today telling me I didn't get a place.

alansmurphy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Seconded.

I've noticed almost every sportive sneaking North of the £30 mark, there seems to be more people year on year and less 'bang fo buck'.

Won't neccessarily ride it the same day but certainly worth a GPX steal...

FoolsErrand | 6 years ago
1 like

Just go and ride it anyway. It’s a small barrier that you hop over with your bike and start peddling. Just find somewhere quiet in central London. 

Pages

Latest Comments