Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone ordered from RaceView Cycles in Co. Antrim ?

Hi Everyone,

Was looking to place an online order with RaceView Cycles but was wondering if anyone has feedback, before I go ahead.

thanks,

Bill

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

149 comments

Leigh1 | 6 years ago
1 like

So it seems like many I was drawn into the amazing prices as I was looking out for a Sram eTap groupset. I emailed Race View and got prompt replies to the questions, nothing out of the ordinary here. I might add that at this point I hadn't read anything about them. So, I ended up in the end ordering handlebars and a stem from them as I hadn't quite got the funds for the eTap. Confirmation was received by automated email etc. 

Then I found this forum with all the negative stuff about them and my heart sank! Bo!!ox, what have I done! But on the upside, at least I hadn't ordered the groupset and lost 2k +. I received no tracking number and wondered if I chased them I would, as it seems like many people, get the wrong tracking number etc and get more annoyed. I also clicked on their "Trustwave Trusted Commerce" logo at the bottom of their website and it comes up as "unknown and not valid" Although I would put that down to it being unkown in the US and Canada more than likely, but who knows. I thought it's just better to count my losses and re-ordered the bars and stem from another place.

To my surprise they arrived yesterday and exactly what I ordered. All the correct packaging too, the only real complaint would be that it was all in a jiffy bag and could of easily been damaged, but it wasn't. I ordered the stuff on the 4th June, so a little over two weeks to get it and I'm in California.

I'm sure a lot of people are thinking here we go again! Another American has got stuff and signed up to the forum just to post a good response. This is somewhat true, although I'm British. Would I order from them again? No, is the answer. Although for me at least, they didn't do anything wrong the doubt's I have (due to this thread) are still there. The worst thing for me is that I now have two sets of bars and stems. I also have a feeling that some of the post's on this thread are maybe from their competition just bad mouthing them, if that's true, then it's certainly working.

jmckee | 6 years ago
2 likes

I think Race View are just like DFS, their "Sales" never end.  Prices aren't even that good

Mal Turnbull 3732 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi, just wanted to leave some positive feedback for race veiw Cycles, I noticed that they have been attracting some pretty poor comments.
I ordered a full Sram Red eTap groupset from them at a very competitive price, £1700, arrived exactly when John said it would and in perfect condition.
Not much more to say really, would not hesitate to use them again.

Rapha Nadal | 6 years ago
4 likes

Is this the thread where first time posters come to lose their forum virginity?

Mal Turnbull 3732 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi, sorry to burst your bubble mate but the review I left of race view Cycles was a genuine response to a request for feedback, I mistakenly thought that forums were the right place to do this, or are you so set against a particular company that you only want to hear bad reviews?
I don't care one way or the other, just telling it like it is.
Mal
Ps, the John I mention in the post is only the email contact who advised me of delivery time, don't know him from Adam.

mossman14 | 6 years ago
0 likes

I just received my Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 wheelset bought online from Race View Cycles.   Bought on their website, got order confirmation, shipping confirmation and tracking number so I was able to track my package from Europe to the U.S.   Got the package in less than a week and well packaged.     Could not have been more pleased with my purchase and ease of purchase and pricing and shipping....ALL WAS GOOD.   Would buy again from Race View Cylces.   I know I saw a few negative comments so I was slightly worried, but it was a good experience and really love the new wheels!   Give them a try!

kmatthews | 6 years ago
4 likes

In stock items are not in stock.  They are using your money to buy stock.

kerrykat | 6 years ago
2 likes

Does anyone know how to contact these idiots? Placed an order 7 weeks ago, no communication whatsoever!! Two different phone numbers on their website (02825871583, 02894460362) no answer to either. Found the ‘Parent company’ Raceview Equestrian, its description is they are based at Broughshane village at Raceview Mill, Rang Raceview Mill...they havn’t been there for over a year, On the Contact us on their fb page Woodside Industrial Park, Rang them......haven’t been there for a year either?!?!?! Another address on their site is a private house not a business address? HELP!!! 

srchar | 6 years ago
2 likes

Did you make the purchase using your credit card, kerrykat? If so, I would just report the incident to your credit card issuer and get a refund. Imagine what they'll be like to deal with if you have to return a damaged item. Tossers.

Yorkshire wallet | 6 years ago
4 likes

What a shit show.

How long till a first time poster appears?

DRC | 6 years ago
0 likes

I am also one who online shopped and came across Race View Cycles for an item I was searching.

Like others, I was not familiar with the site, it was foreign, so I took to reviews and such. Some of the brutal negative reviews used language that sent red flags up for me. My instinct guided me to a low risk probability that my experience would be as horrific. Took the gamble and made my on line purchase 2 weeks ago 31Oct17.

I immediately received an email confirmation, shipping confirmation and a fantastic shipping rate.

This week I received the beautiful Campagnollo corkscrew in the manufacturers original box, at a fantastic price, unscathed all the way to Alaska.

I feel a double victory here 1) beautiful christmas gift for my Father and, 2) beat the negative reviews.

Thank you Race View Cycles

SHAUNAM | 6 years ago
5 likes

I see this thread has come back to life again lol.  Is it any wonder these bad reviews won't go away given the lack of service this company continues to offer.    I spotted some negative reviews on trustpilot too.  Their reputation preceeds them lol  4

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.raceviewcycles.com

superbike | 6 years ago
3 likes

I see that Raceview cycles are now using Trustpilot to post lots of very obviously fake reviews.

To top it all, it looks like they are getting any negative reviews removed from Trustpilot, then posting a new "fake" review in it's place.    

Spotted a negative review on trustpilot yesterday.  lasted about an hour before it was removed.  Then strangely a very over the top positive review was posted.  the reviewer said he had "I stumbled onto the website, and it felt like home"  Seriously???????

the fact that trustpilot allow reviews that are so clearly totally fake is mental. the latest 2 are actually hysterical they are so bad
5 of there positive reviews have a name that starts with J and 3 are tom/tommy . lacking imagination some what lol
and they all mention the negative reviews putting them off but they order anyway???

Canyon48 | 6 years ago
4 likes

Something isn't right here...

srchar | 6 years ago
8 likes

The Trust Pilot "reviews" are unintentionally hilarious.  Some of them border on Oscar-winning (or whatever the fake online review equivalent is). This one's a peach:

Mr. Ray C. View-Cycles wrote:

I knew what I wanted, and John was there to fine tune and guide me through it. I stumbled onto the website, and it felt like home. Wiggle and Chain Reaction seem more intent on closeouts and what they have left in inventory, the websites are messy and not intuitive and they offer no real ability to contact anyone for questions. Race View website was clean and informative. Too good to be true? Again, John would always respond to my emails and did so with confidence and knowledge. Sure, I read some bad reviews, but I also read some good ones, and I let John lead me to my own inner confidence in prepaying a $4,000 USD purchase from a complete stranger! All in all, it was a bit stressful in babysitting the shipping, but the order came complete, undamaged and as promised. Thanks John! The C50 has a brand new life, and its owner has some excitement building inside.

These two should f*ck!

ktache | 6 years ago
3 likes

I love this thread.  Especially the commited cyclists who single post with their positive reviews.

ktache | 6 years ago
4 likes

I did a double post, there is now a delete button. Yeah!

CygnusX1 | 6 years ago
4 likes

Isn't it strange that all the 5-star reviews on TrustPilot purport to be from customers in the US and nearly all are for SRAM e-Tap purchases?

Hazzaman | 6 years ago
2 likes

Here's the latest negative review from trustpilot.  thought I'd post it here in case it does a houdini on trustpilot.  That's one well p*ssed off customer!

Hazzaman | 5 years ago
3 likes

It looks like google is getting the action now!! Everyone, lets sit back and wait for the 5+ fake positive reviews that suddenly appear singling the praises about 'Johns' AMAZING customer service and unbelievably good communication and follow up calls! 

Jeffmcguinness | 5 years ago
8 likes

This is the thread that keeps on giving!

SHAUNAM | 5 years ago
2 likes

yet another bad review for Raceview on trustpilot. I'm sure it won't be long until there are load of fake positive reviews added, that seems to be their pattern every time there is a bad review.

How are these guys still in business?  

Hazzaman | 5 years ago
7 likes

Here's a little poem I put together about Raceview Cycles.  

If anyone is feeling creative and would like to add a few verses be my guest smiley

There once was a shop named raceview
Who treated their customers like poo
When you place an order
All you get is disorder
And the staff don't seem to have a clue!

The owner says his name is "John"
He Says he's hands on
He will find your order in no time
But he's full of hot air
Cos the order's still not there
and I'm ready to create armagedon!

SHAUNAM | 5 years ago
1 like

Latest from trustpilot and they haven't tried to get the post taken down this time.  Looks like these guys are on their last legs (or should i say wheels hahaha!)

Hazzaman | 5 years ago
3 likes

Just a heads up guys.  Raceview cycles facebook page and their sister site Raceview equestrian's facebook page have suddenly disappeared from facebook.  Looks like they might be about to go under.   Their websites are still up and running but the reviews before they took their facebook pages down were shocking, people weren't getting their orders and having problems getting any contact or refunds.

Be Warned! Don't be ordering from them!  

CygnusX1 | 5 years ago
6 likes

If true, Hazzaman, that will be a shame --- not that the company may be about to fold - that's good news for consumers, except for anyone who has currently placed an order and waiting for goods or a refund  --- but that "the thread that keeps on giving" won't give any more comedy gold.

However I suspect even if RaceView does indeed fold, a new company operating from the same or nearby address and similarly named directors will suddenly rise from the ashes.  

davel | 5 years ago
4 likes

Shiny Equestrian opening party on the same premises in 3, 2, 1...

ktache | 5 years ago
5 likes

I for one am hoping that they do reopen, not that anyone should ever, and I mean ever use them, but the single poster GREAT reviews were something else.

SHAUNAM | 5 years ago
0 likes

Well if it's true and they are gone, then good riddance is all I can say!

Saw this on a local fb group, feel sorry for those who have lost their money

mfeichter replied to Mal Turnbull 3732 | 6 years ago
4 likes

Mal Turnbull 3732 wrote:

Hi, just wanted to leave some positive feedback for race veiw Cycles, I noticed that they have been attracting some pretty poor comments. I ordered a full Sram Red eTap groupset from them at a very competitive price, £1700, arrived exactly when John said it would and in perfect condition. Not much more to say really, would not hesitate to use them again.

Spot the shill laughlaugh

Pages

Latest Comments