The Kidderminster Killer & From Clee to Heaven Audaxes
August 16, 2014 - 08:00
Two great audaxes starting in Worcestershire that are hilly, scenic and very popular for cyclist seeking challenging rides on a summer day.
The Kidderminster Killer - 215km
The Kidderminster Killer is a classic on the audax calendar: long, hard, very hilly but also very rewarding.
- An epic ride to Mid-Wales and back with 3,750m of climbing through Salop and The Marches.
- Stunning views are the reward for the day's hard effort.
- An audax event with a 27 year pedigree (long before the word 'sportive' ever came to fruition)
- You may with trepidation but you will finish with elation and a knowledge that if you can ride The Kidderminster Killer you can ride anything .
From Clee to Heaven -
- A venture into deepest rural Shropshire along a figure of 8 route. Strangely, the Clee Hills are rarely visited by any cycling event, so you will be in for a treat.
- Refreshed route for 2013
- The route is hilly with 2,000m of climbing but riders be rewarded but the idyllic countryside of South Shropshire and its blue hills. The route was test ridden last year by several Beacon Members who gave positive feedback.
- Excellent cafe controls located at conveniently situated locations
- Refreshments at HQ before and after the event
- GPS Downloads
- New innovative route card sheets
- GHQ start and finish point located not too far from Birmingham
- Showers and changing facilities
- Easy access to motorway network (M5 & M42)
- Online internet entry
Details and entry at: http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/audax/killerclee/index.html