Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France

Bahrain won't win GC, so why not pick either Mader or Padun who, on current form, would almost guarantee stage wins? In the words of Roy Orbison 'It's A Mystery To Me.'

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

58 comments

JAndrewHill | 2 years ago
0 likes

Are there any prizes for the fantasy TDF?

Lenny B | 2 years ago
0 likes

How come no Mountain Points were allocated for the final climbs on stages 17 and 18?

Each of the summit finishes were HC climbs so should have carried the following points: Cat HC: 1st - 20pts, 2nd - 15pts, 3rd - 12pts, 4th - 10pts, 5th - 8pts, 6th - 6pts, 7th - 4pts, 8th - 2pts

On stage 17, for example, Pogacar should have got 75 points I believe:

35 for his stage finish

10 for his GC position

5 for his young rider jersey position

4 for his Mountains jersey position

1 Mountains point for his position on the second from last climb

20 for Mountains points

Here therefore should have scored 75 points. But the game only gave him 55 points. I am therefore assuming he is missing his final 20 points for the final climb?

There are similar issues for the rest of the top 8 on both stages 17 and 18 in that their Mountains points don't seem to have been allocated to them.

If I'm right, would you be able to the scores to reflect this oversight?

Many thanks

Denny

Condor Andy replied to Lenny B | 2 years ago
1 like

No KOM points for mountain top finishes.

Trying to find the exact wording. If it's missing, I can talk to Dave about putting it in the base rules. It's true for every competition.

Lenny B replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Oh OK, thanks I'd missed that.

I'd always gone by the 'stage information' for the scoring rules (see attached) but couldn't see any mention of mountain top finishes not counting. Where should I be looking to see the full rules?

Condor Andy replied to Lenny B | 2 years ago
0 likes

There's the 'How to Play' section, but it might not be in there. I can message Dave to update the base scoring notes. There may be a couple of other things we could add, which are kind of known by most who play the game, but seem to lack specific notes. So cheers for bringing this up.

Lenny B replied to Lenny B | 2 years ago
0 likes

I've found it now, thanks

GiantOuchMyShin | 2 years ago
0 likes

Just wondering... Should we be allocating double points for the summit finishes?

(That would make my score look a bit more respectable - although obviously boost others as well )

stevemarks | 2 years ago
0 likes

Is it just me? I have made a complete mess of this whole competition. I have somehow managed to use up practically all my transfers already with over a week to go? can I buy a dozen or so off of someone?indecision

Condor Andy replied to stevemarks | 2 years ago
0 likes

Same, it just hasn't gone well on any front. I have 8 transfers left, but I'm leaving my team alone for a few days.

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

6 left, and I'll need all of those for the Champs!

Condor Andy replied to stevemarks | 2 years ago
0 likes

I am happy that one of the guys I got in yesterday was....

Bauke Mollema

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

No changes=best day of the tour. 4 left since Saturday, maybe I'll just not use them and clean up

11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Some effort that from Cav. He's got a great team but that took some real physical and mental strength. 

Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

Wish I got a tenner everytime Wiggins says the word 'wee'.  1

Daniel Norton | 2 years ago
0 likes

Robert Millar on 1991 tour: "The mountains were horrible but the biggest eye opener for me was the stage to Ales when Argentin rode the last 40km on his own and no-one got near him. It was ridiculous. Teams were pouring to the front and he just rode away. The fact was that there were a whole load of larger riders who had turned into climbers and conversely climbers who had turned into strong men."

Sound familiar?

Sniffer | 2 years ago
0 likes

Exciting stage today, double Ventoux.

Got my team all wrong for the Alps, lets hope that I have thought today's selection through a bit better.

Sniffer replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
0 likes

Mountain stages are not going well for me.  Swapped out WVA for this stage,.... doh,

11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Sonny Colbrelli third today...... This tour is absolute madness!

Aragonite replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Yep. Sonny to go for KOM next.  1

11waterloo replied to Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

And the Green Jersey points on offer at the finish were minimal because it's a mountain stage. He got more points from winning the intermediate sprint than for coming third on the stage! He's got an unconventional approach to winning the Green Jersey!

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Bahrain are doping.  I know some of you guys are shocked.  Sonny Colbrelli beats Nairo Quintana on an altitude high mountain stage?  Not credible.

Just so you know, I'm a pharmacologist.

Aragonite replied to Daniel Norton | 2 years ago
0 likes

Shocked? At your accusations, yes.

Daniel Norton replied to Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

See cycling news website today: French prosecutor opens preliminary investigation into doping allegations at Bahrain Victorious

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/french-prosecutor-opens-preliminary-inv...

As I said, as a pharmacologist, there are things to watch for.  Cycling is further from clean than at any time since the Armstrong era.

Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Slight restructuring to yesterday's points. They recorded the KOM atop Mont Saxonnex incorrectly. Quintana and Woods weren't in the original standings and some others who were listed weren't supposed to be there at all. And that means that Quintana is actually 3rd overall in the KOM and Pogacar is 6th.

Lenny B replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Hi Andy

I've just flagged a potential issue with the points scored for stages 17 and 18 (see my latest post in this thread).

Could you take a look please, assuming you are the main man when it comes to totting up the scores?!

Many thanks!

Daniel Norton | 2 years ago
0 likes

I don't remember ever seeing Port go well in rainy conditions.  Why didn't I wait for the forecast?  Whoops!

Hope Bilbao likes the rain as much as I hope...  I'm desperate for a bit of luck in the main game.  This season has been seriously harsh on my team.  indecision

Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

Alpecin-Fenix sold us a dummy there. But who cares with Cav winning so easily. One of the great comebacks in any sport. Another four wins to beat Eddy's record in this Tour of fairytales.

Sniffer replied to Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

There was talk last night that they may go for Philipsen, but I wasn't going to risk a transfer on the rumour.

Did bring in Bouhanni for Ewan so it wasn't all bad.

And I didn't mind giving away 5 points to those that kept Alaphillipe to see Cav win again.  Always a story in the TdF.

11waterloo replied to Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

Absolutely brilliant to see Cav back & deserving to win.

Condor Andy replied to Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

I had Philipsen from stage 3. Brought Cav in for Ewan yesterday so not a bad day for me!

So happy to see him win. It was emotional seeing him in bits after the finish and in his interview, bless him. Really deserves it.

Pages

Latest Comments