Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

GRX Shadow RD+ rear mech & wheel removal issues

Slightly bamboozled with this one.  I have a grx815 rear mechs which is one of the shadow tech ones along with the rest of the grx range and the CX-centricUltegra RX range. 

When I'm removing the back wheel I always struggle because the chain wraps further around the little cog than it does on a normal mech and the top jockey wheel sits much further forward.   Instead of pulling the wheel straight up as normal you usually have to jiggle it towards the seat post then up.  I usually end up having to slide the chain off the cog with my fingers and shimmy it down between the frame dropout and the end of the thru axle.

Is it just me?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

Secret_squirrel | 2 years ago
0 likes

Solved this with one google-fu.  It's not just me.  It's to do with the position of the mech hanger as it's attached to the mech bracket.  Basically it's really easy to fix the mech bracket on in a vertical position, whereas the correct position is horizontal - this thread on STW has the right arrangement.  The correct arrangement is also shown in dealer manual 3 on the shimano page for the mech.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cant-believe-im-asking-this-rem...

Welsh boy | 2 years ago
0 likes

I had a similar problem with an Ultegra rear mech, solved it by giving the B tension screw a few more turns

Latest Comments