Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Who is going where ?

Whilst we still have the Vuelta to look forward to and the Worlds, pro teams must be eyeing up likely candidates for new signings.

Cav to OPQ ?

Nibali to Astana and Roche to Saxo bank so far.

How about Sky swapping Cav for Boonen ? Plus i think they need another GC rider to go with Wiggo, Froome and possibly Uran.

What do you reckon ?????????????

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

89 comments

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Lazy basket, get on your bike.....

giff77 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Looks like he's practising loóking over his domains...  19

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

I've thought of his new nickname.

Prince of Persia.

Or King of Kuwait.

:")

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Or you could just use a funny anagram  3

Bad Home Irish
Shadier Mob Hi
Hairdos Be Him

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Or "Go Steady Sohrabi"...

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

Whilst enduring the pain of usapcc last night, it was mentioned that Dombrowski is joining sky!

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

You will need to use google chrome or something similar to translate this

http://www.sportenkort.dk/nyhed/148150/kommende-riis-rytter-i-uci-angreb

It doesn't come out great, but here is what it says

The next Saxo Bank Tinkoff Bank rider Nicolas Roche hoses now out after World Tour points system. Roche, who showed good form in the Tour de France, has been allowed to stand in the Vuelta à España, although he from next season to run for Bjarne Riis' team. This means that the points that the Irishman had to get under the Spanish stage race will count for the Danish team and not his present, Ag2r-La Mondiale. - The current scoring system is a disgrace. I am running for Ag2r, but my points do not count for them. It is ridiculous and scandalous. But I would like to thank the team for letting me run even if I leave them after this season, says Roche to Biciciclismo. Briton Jonathan Tiernan-Locke has also signed a letter of intent, he switched to a Pro Tour team. The rider from Endura Racing has been linked with a move to just Saxo Bank Tinkoff Bank. It informs Cyclingnews.[/quote}

livestrongnick | 11 years ago
0 likes

The full IAM Cycling squad is:
Marcel Aregger
Marco Bandiera
Matthias Brandle
Rémi Cusin
Stefan Denifl
Martin Elmiger
Jonathan Fumeaux
Kristoff Goddaert
Heinrich Haussler
Sébastien Hinault
Reto Hollenstein
Kevyn Ista
Dominic Klemme
Permin Lang
Gustav Larsson
Thomas Löfkvist
Matteo Pelucchi
Alexandr Pliuschin
Sébastien Reichenbach
Aleksejs Saramotins
Patrick Schelling
Johann Tschopp
Marcel Wyss

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

It was interesting to see Rasch left from that IAM Cycling list. He was one of the first to sign a contract.....then I saw this today. He's off to SKY  19

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/rasch-joins-boasson-hagen-at-sky-for-2013

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Do Sky have a strict two Norwegians at a time policy? Did they need to poach him after losing Nordhaug?

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

What about A Schleck to Sky  39

If anyone can make him a better TT rider the Sky set up can. He would be free from Frank and possibly have Voigt with him.

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

No.

Either one would want a tilt at the tour, depriving dear Bradley or Friendly Froome.

Bad move.

Or they could try and fill the three GT podiums.

That would be quite funny.

Henao, Uran and Porte on Giro

Froome, Wiggins and SCHLECK on Tour

Froome, Sivstov and Lofkvist on Vuelta.

This wouldn't be the first time this had been acheived of course, Mehdi Sohrabi having done so for three years between 2004 and 2006.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Pretty sure Lofkvist won't be at Sky next year.

Can't see the Schleck's joining a team where they wouldn't be top dogs, a move to a new team might be the best they can hope for, or a cut price move to one of the teams without massive GC ambitions.

Agree with Raleigh, Wiggins and Froome are top dogs for at least the next couple of years, then Froome +1 depending on how Uran and Henao come through. Alot probably depends on what Wiggins' career ambitions are now, whether he wants to win multiple TdF's(difficult), multiple Grand Tours (potentially less difficult), win some classics (possible) or go back and break the hour record/win gold at Rio on the track.

Probably only Wiggins and Brailsford really know the answer to this so it's difficult to speculate just what Sky's plans are for the next few years.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Another two leaving Liquigas

Capecchi and Szmyd to Movistar (i've added it to my list above)

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12613/Eros-Capecchi-and-Sylwester-Szmy...

If you read the bottom of that article, there will be NO Liquigas next year as they are pulling their sponsorship......So who's going to come in or will Cannondale continue on their own?

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Even if Cannondale come in and support Liquigas fully they'll have no riders left!

Surely the big question is where will Sagan, Viviani and Basso end up? Every other big name they have seems to have sorted themselves a transfer, those three are the only ones I haven't seen touted around yet.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

No-one is going to jump at Basso, He's over the hill and past it, even as a DS

Sagan would be a huge one for any team.....but I think I know where he's heading  3  3

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Do tell...

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Expect to see a "new" team rise from the ashes of Liquigas with a new sponsor, Sagan to still be there along with a few top names who are "disillusioned" with their current team  3  3  26

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Would that be a certain German team that's looking to pick up the pieces of RadioSchleck? Possibly one sponsored by a 'doping for hair' product?

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

German team  39 I don't know anything about that.

But you are along the right lines  3

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

Swiss isn't it?

I am an IAMs cat.

Cancellara and Albasini to headline.

Who else.

Err.

Klemme, Gerdermann, Gallopin and Rast.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Nah Sagan wont be at IAMS. They are only going to be a continental team anyway. So unless they get big promises(Pro tour invites), I cant see big stars going there

Raleigh | 11 years ago
0 likes

So what then?

Stumps | 11 years ago
0 likes

If Cav goes, which appears more and more likely then what about Sagan to Sky ?

He seems to be able to jump from lead out to lead out like Cav and can certainly give the rest a run for their money on uphill style sprints.

Money well spent if you ask me.

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schlecks-to-found-new-german-sponsored-t...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-german-team-alpecin-in-the-making

Plus, rumours of Danilo Hondo looking to set up a Germany based team, would it be those Gkam?

Seems to be a raft of national teams recently after Sky being set up. Not sure if I like the re-nationalizing of the pro-teams but that's the way it seems to be going.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

Ah that one, I thought it had fallen through  39

Since there will only be one brother. Its harder to strike a deal. But bring brother Sagan along......  3

drheaton | 11 years ago
0 likes

Sagan's the big unknown, where he ends up could change everything. The question though, is who can afford him? BMC seem the obvious big budget team but how many stars can they handle? Who else can afford him? OPQ? Sky? Saxo looking for a haul of UCI points? I hope not Astana, that'd make me nervous.

silas chime | 11 years ago
0 likes

Pozzovivo to AG2R.....nice  4

He won't be a DS next season that's for sure.

Gkam84 | 11 years ago
0 likes

RadioShack will continue in 2013
Johan Bruyneel confirmed at the start that RadioShack-Nissan-Trek will continue next season. "My team will continue in 2013 with the same structure, staff and riders".

Pages

Latest Comments