Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Oman. Stage 4

Heres the profile for tomorrow http://www.steephill.tv/players/aso-profile/?race=tour-of-oman&stage=4&y...

Looks like an interesting stage lots of hills but only a small climb up hill for the last 5km. so who to drop who to keep is the question, Will the break succeed or will be another bunch finish? Lots of question and 4 transfers saed up. I think this stage and the next will be the ones to make a big difference in points

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

121 comments

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm just moaning cause i'm an arse  19 and didn't listen to myself and decided i would chance it today for more points tomorrow  31 In the end it wasn't that bad, i still scored 63, better than when i had the sprinters in for the sprinting stage 2  13

One thing i did notice today, i cant find a place to find ALL the riders who scored and not just the dream team? I was trying to work out what i would have scored against what i did score

I don't blame anyone for taking the tour in, I liked Qatar, BUT i'd like the foresight based not only on what race you can get results for quickly, i don't mind waiting for scores if i can watch the race live  4

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

16 194 today, best score ever  16
Can't understand all the whining, except for P**s poor TV coverage. I posted before, If you want to whinge, let's all get on to Sky/Eurosport/ITV4. I recorded 3.5 hours of b**dy tennis yesterday & paying Eurosport & Sky for the privilege  14
 19 FYI - I didn't listen to Gkam84 either  19

coffee_queen | 12 years ago
0 likes

Uh... At least I didn't get 0 points  17

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh jebus, the grammar police are out in force tonight.  3

Please remember your capital letters and full stops.  19

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

Said it was a day for Chavanel, tell me why I didn't put him in then.

Remeber all the last year rival guys, this is a game for fun, recreation pleasure etc etc.

J

0 likes

Said it was a day for Chavanel, tell me why I didn't put him in then.

Remeber all the last year rival guys, this is a game for fun, recreation pleasure etc etc.

J

0 likes

oops

Wig_Billy | 12 years ago
0 likes

100 comments! That's got to be a record for the fantasy cycling forum?

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just standard bantah  4

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Aye its all fun and games until my toys get bumped out of the pram.  20

carl simpson | 12 years ago
0 likes

id like to think it was my tactical genius which got me a joint 5th today .. but seeing as today will be the only day ever i get 220 points then id like to enjoy it just a little bit .... woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  4

ok ive done now .. back to just scraping in at 100 or so for 2moro  39

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh yeah, forgot about Hustle, how's the dramatic finale going?

Has Mickey died?

Anyway.

Patrick Liwano.

Yes

fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes

Damn, missed Hustle tonight
I'm watching Stella with headphones on listening to Xtina, whilst doing my ironing & wallpapering outside toilet & teckin my whippet for a walk  4
Anyway, back to the cycling, where were we???????  40

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Swifty isn't doing too well in the Omnium.

Presumably, you're a Yorkshireman...  22

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Swifty not going well at all, but thats not his event, commentary's having a go about the Olympic's taking the Omnium in and scraping some other decent events and only having 1 rider be race

I wont spoil Hustle, its still got 15 mins to go and you'll be able to get it on Iplayer  3

TheBigMong | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think the lack of TV coverage is OK. It makes it easier to resist the temptation to make transfers, and therefore I can stay purist almost without trying.

This way I can say, "whatever, I never could have known THAT was going to happen" rather than kicking myself repeatedly for not seeing things coming and making the right transfers the day before the stage. I'll save all that self-doubt and other neurotic behavior for the later classics and grand tours.  3

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Swifty 3rd in the elimination race, everyone dead in Hustle  13

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

That elimination race was amazing  4

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes
gkam84 wrote:

One thing i did notice today, i cant find a place to find ALL the riders who scored and not just the dream team? I was trying to work out what i would have scored against what i did score

head to the stage info page, everyone's listed on there

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Dave, so i lost 51 points today, BUT at least i wasn't the guy to finish with -12 for the day  19

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I dont think the person had changed team since TDU

I also think the data base needs a chop over 3 pages of players who haven't played this year, maybe send out an email, log in or lose your fantasy account?

Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

At least this is the one place that you'll be safe from Upstairs Downstairs

Raleigh replied to fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes
fluffchucker wrote:

16 I recorded 3.5 hours of b**dy tennis yesterday & paying Eurosport & Sky for the privilege  14
 19 FYI - I didn't listen to Gkam84 either  19

What does B**dy mean?

Can't think of anything that would fit the constraints of the two *'s. Perhaps Biddy?
Buddy? Boody?

Presumably, you meant B***dy.

or not?  19

fluffchucker replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Oh jebus, the grammar police are out in force tonight.  3

Please remember your capital letters and full stops.  19

Muck fe, I'll make sure I cross the i's & dot the t's in future
There must be nowt on't tele tenite

Comment No. 106

fluffchucker replied to Raleigh | 12 years ago
0 likes

Raleigh wrote:

Presumably, you're a Yorkshireman...  22

1 Cheshire/High Peak  1

Raleigh replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Thanks Dave, so i lost 51 points today, BUT at least i wasn't the guy to finish with -12 for the day  19

If you plan ahead, why would you ever need to use the -20 option.

Waste of time ladz

Simon_MacMichael replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Swifty 3rd in the elimination race, everyone dead in Hustle  13

Argh. If there is one place I thought I was safe from not finding out what happened in Hustle it was here.

Gkam84 replied to fluffchucker | 12 years ago
0 likes
fluffchucker wrote:

Muck fe, I'll make sure I cross the i's & dot the t's in future
There must be nowt on't tele tenite

Comment No. 106

You would have thunked not, but i'm turned into Hustle on BBC1 and then the track cycling on the tinternet, who said men cant multi-task??

Oh yeah, that was us as an excuse not to do to many things at once  3

Gkam84 replied to Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:

Argh. If there is one place I thought I was safe from not finding out what happened in Hustle it was here.

Some people believe things i say?? I said i wouldn't spoil Hustle, I didn't everyone is dead, but you'll have to watch it and see how, why and all the normal goings on  44

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Everyone now back together, bunch sprint coming up  14  20  14

Pages

Latest Comments