Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

stage 9 then

ok more bad choices looking ahead to the 4 transfers, but forgetting the 2 stages that sprinter may win on Tue/Wed So

Kloden
Hinault
Moncoutie
Gilbert
Hoogerland
Fofonov
jerome
Popovich
Thomas

Not good enough

My predictions.

Van garderen takes all the mountain points istead of Hoog. Hushovd holds on to yellow. None of the GC guys bother, Millar, Voekleur, Vino, Hoogerland, Casar, Gerrans get away. I get my lowest points score.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

49 comments

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well that's done and dusted... just made my transfers for stage 10, didn't take much thought surprisingly. Rest up boys, gentle spin in the morning then get some pasta down your necks, wear socks, plenty of fluids etc etc...

STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes

41 Chapeau to Jonny Hoogerland....Had him in my team today,but have just seen a pic of the cuts on his arse and I will be amazed if he finishes on Tuesday...So no room for sentiment,Jonny has had to have the chop....

simon F | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Think you should cancel the stage in respect of all the riders who went down this week

Aaarghh no no, not even in jest  20 I just swapped in TV and JH over the last couple of days after Brad fell out of the race.
Apropos of which, anyone see his post hospital interview? "I feel on top of the world. They gave me some fantastic drugs on there" :jealous:

Cooks | 12 years ago
0 likes

Would it be an idea to have a small amount of points for riders who drop out? Might introduce a bit of gameplay, for example Contador is having knee problems, if I put him in thinking I'd earn some points for him dropping out tomorrow? Like with Boonen...

Or is that just a bit sick....?

Cooks | 12 years ago
0 likes

for easy points?

Gkam84 replied to Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:

Well that's done and dusted... just made my transfers for stage 10, didn't take much thought surprisingly. Rest up boys, gentle spin in the morning then get some pasta down your necks, wear socks, plenty of fluids etc etc...

You've made your changes already? without waiting to see what happens on the rest day and who might pull out?

Gkam84 replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 12 years ago
0 likes
STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

41 Chapeau to Jonny Hoogerland....Had him in my team today,but have just seen a pic of the cuts on his arse and I will be amazed if he finishes on Tuesday...So no room for sentiment,Jonny has had to have the chop....

Well i hope he gets them all cleaned up

But here his "Steve McQueen great escape" picture http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/0b/b4/01be34fb4a8fb6e1c302e35065...

Gkam84 replied to Cooks | 12 years ago
0 likes
Cooks wrote:

Would it be an idea to have a small amount of points for riders who drop out? Might introduce a bit of gameplay, for example Contador is having knee problems, if I put him in thinking I'd earn some points for him dropping out tomorrow? Like with Boonen...

Or is that just a bit sick....?

Not sick, just silly

Why would you put someone in your team you think is going to drop out?  13

Squiggle replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
Squiggle wrote:

You've made your changes already? without waiting to see what happens on the rest day and who might pull out?

I'M THAT CONFIDENT/ STUPID :D/  2

If any of my squadra pull out it'll be because of rest day crashes/ illnesses.

Now that Thor's dropped out of the top 10 it frees up a lot of cash for other big hitters.  3

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I think you might beat me, i'll get some for evans, hushovd is still 4th in the points, Taaramae in top 20 i think, plus 2nd in white, Jerome 10 points, still last and Mollema 4 for rabo's win

rbx | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hats off to Hoogerland though. That he even got up and raced after that shove into the barbed wire fence was jaw dropping. But to still finish well before most sprinters was inspiring.

Really, really hope he can start on Tuesday, even if for just a day.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

The pair of them got the prize and also still didn't finish last on the stage, well done to them, but i think Flecha could have won today, not that it makes a difference to me as i'll get around 20 points for the stage if i'm lucky

rbx replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

The pair of them got the prize and also still didn't finish last on the stage, well done to them, but i think Flecha could have won today, not that it makes a difference to me as i'll get around 20 points for the stage if i'm lucky

I think we shall be competing for bottom of the pile ranking today.

Here's who I had in my team for today:

Kloden
Thor
Uran Uran
Gilbert
Chavanel (Got him in for Voeckler y'day!!)
A Roux
Galim
Pate
Jerome V

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hoogerland and Flecha both got the Combativity prize today. Nice touch by ASO.

If you were watching on French TV, you're probably wondering what all the fuss is. They didn't so much as replay the incident apparently  14

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

I see that 622 teams currently have Voeckler...I'm not one of them unfortunately...got that sinking feeling. Can I sue that car driver for robbing me of at least 20 points? At least they couldn't possibly give the combativity award to anyone but Hoogerland after that!

Seriously hats of to Hoogie (and the rest) who limped home broken and battered! What a mental day!

Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes

FANTASY SCORES WILL BE LATE TONIGHT - sorry about that and thanks for bearing with us, Dave away and will be back later (much later) this evening.

Rest Day tomorrow so you'll have plenty of time for transfers.

Gkam84 replied to Simon_MacMichael | 12 years ago
0 likes
Simon_MacMichael wrote:

FANTASY SCORES WILL BE LATE TONIGHT - sorry about that and thanks for bearing with us, Dave away and will be back later (much later) this evening.

Rest Day tomorrow so you'll have plenty of time for transfers.

Think you should cancel the stage in respect of all the riders who went down this week  4

Also cause i has a shocking day  19

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Why aren't some of the big GC riders teams helping Garmin shut this down?

Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes

Jeeeeezzzzuuusss!  31 I feel guilty sitting here thinking about points watching this unfold. Thankfully both riders are fit enough to continue.

That car driver obviously didn't pick Flecha or Hoogerland!

Gkam84 replied to Squiggle | 12 years ago
0 likes
Squiggle wrote:

That car driver obviously didn't pick Flecha or Hoogerland!

That was my first thought funny enough, 5 riders 2 frenchmen, missed them and just happened to be a french tv car, but i'm sure it wasn't meant  39

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hoogerland and Flecha out the back of the peloton now

I wish the break sat up, looks like Voeckler will be in yellow  20

Also Hoogerland looks like he's just escaped a jap prison camp and been getting the death of a thousand cuts

YoungOne | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm not saying what he did was right, but it's been proven that drivers make a subconscious decision to go for the softer object, and sadly in this case it was the rider.

But yeah I don't see how they can keep the driver in the tour, especially after the motorbike rider trying to overtake the peleton caused a crash and got kicked off.

Just one of those things, bet the driver wished he hit the tree now.

thefatcyclist | 12 years ago
0 likes

johhny been swallowed by the peleton. crap crap crap. This tdf is crazy, and I think it will be a watershed.

points wise looks like my predictions will be correct.

watch me dive down the rankings.

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

There's no depends on how you look at it at all

The car should either hit the tree or brake, even better still dont go overtaking at a stupid place

But you dont just swerve at riders, i hope he gets chucked off the tour and also taken to court for that kinda driving, cause that could have easy gone another way and killed someone

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

bloody joke, why are these cars going past riders, stupid!!

YoungOne | 12 years ago
0 likes

Just as I was kicking myself about replacing Flecha  13

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

FFS Flecha and Hoogerland down after a french TV car took them both out, Flecha back up but Hoogerland into a barbed wire fence  14  14  14  14  14  14  14  14

YoungOne | 12 years ago
0 likes

Well Flecha just went over a fence so...

Gkam84 replied to YoungOne | 12 years ago
0 likes
YoungOne wrote:

Nope that was Hoogerland, Flecha just ended up on the deck

I see they were trying to avoid a tree with the car, but thats why cars have brakes, f*cking dumbass

YoungOne replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:
YoungOne wrote:

Nope that was Hoogerland, Flecha just ended up on the deck

I see they were trying to avoid a tree with the car, but thats why cars have brakes, f*cking dumbass

Depends on how you look at it, if he was half on tarmac and half on the grass and slammed on the brakes there's a chance he would have spun into them anyway. Still shouldn't have happened  7

Pages

Latest Comments