Home

I'm switching the front wheel that came on my caadx to my other bike. The caadx wheel is a thru axle, Formula RX-512 12x100. Anyone got any knowledge of whether a conversion to quick release is possible? Thanks.

3 comments

Drinfinity [243 posts] 2 months ago
1 like

What you would like to get are replacement end caps, although I don’t know exactly what would fit there - notoriously difficult to get spares for apparently. Maybe some generic ones would fit?

If you can’t find the end caps, you can just put in an adapter axle. 

https://www.halowheels.com/shop/spares/hub-spares/12mm-to-qr-thru-axle-adaptor/

Cheaper ones can be found on your favourite interweb sites

Zermattjohn [346 posts] 2 months ago
0 likes

Ace, thanks. Seems a fair bit of cash for what is basically a plastic collar..! I'm doing this because the stock wheels on the CAADX are heavy, clunky trash and I'm pretty sure my tubeless-setup Hunt gravel wheels  will improve the situ significantly..

lawrencesly [1 post] 1 month ago
0 likes
Zermattjohn wrote:

Ace, thanks. Seems a fair bit of cash for what is basically a plastic collar..! I'm doing this because the stock wheels on the CAADX are heavy, clunky trash and I'm pretty sure my tubeless-setup Hunt gravel wheels  will improve the situ significantly..

Hi Zermattjohn, 

Did this solution work for you? I am in the same position so wondering what to do as I'm not sure how to find the correct replacement end caps.

Thanks

Lawrence