Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Why no reviews for this very cheap bike with excellent specs

Hello all,

I cannot get Cube Attain GTC PRO disc 2017 in 56 cm so I decided to look elsewhere for a bike I could fit wider tyre on. Gravel bike. Found this one, but I cannot find any reviews. Specs look really good, full carbon, ultegra, for 1000 GBP? What am I missing? Ok breaks seems to be bad, but still mechanical disc. What bothers me is only 11-28 in the back, I think climbing with this bike will be hard. Other than that, some very good specs and I could not find better bike for this price, at least not full carbon + ultegra + wide tyre clearance + more endurance riding positions which is all I am looking for. 

https://www.merlincycles.com/blue-prosecco-ex-ultegra-carbon-gravel-bike...

thanks for help

Tomaz

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

ChasP | 5 years ago
2 likes

You're missing the fact that you're looking for a 56cm and it's only available in 51cm and 53.5cm?

alotronic replied to ChasP | 5 years ago
0 likes

ChasP wrote:

You're missing the fact that you're looking for a 56cm and it's only available in 51cm and 53.5cm?

Indeed, that would be just about a bit too small for me and I am 175cm, so unless OP is very short bodied and short armed the 53.5 (md) would probably not work...

ChrisB200SX | 5 years ago
0 likes

I've not seen that before, looks good. I'd suggest a compact chainset would be better.

28T cassette on 34T ring is low enough for most. I've used my bottom gear for Streatley Hill when I was unfit, and possibly some bigger climbs in Surrey and up the South Downs from Eastbourne.

Vejnemojnen replied to ChrisB200SX | 5 years ago
0 likes

ChrisB200SX wrote:

I've not seen that before, looks good. I'd suggest a compact chainset would be better.

28T cassette on 34T ring is low enough for most. I've used my bottom gear for Streatley Hill when I was unfit, and possibly some bigger climbs in Surrey and up the South Downs from Eastbourne.

36t inner ring classifies as compact. 46t outer ring is more than enough.

a 12-28 cassette with 34t inner-46 outer could be even better

Tomaz26 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Yep, this worries me. Front and back  1 Compared to my current Cube Cross which has 26/36/46 and I use 26 front and 30 back on steep climbs..  Bike has 13 kg and schwalbe marathon tour plus tyres (950g) each, so this does make difference too I guess.. 

Still not sure if this getting new bike is such good idea after all. Less gears and when I put light slicks on my hybrid it goes fast too, and without drop-outs so more leasure ride..  1 

It is hard to have everything in one bike I guess  1 You either sacrifice speed, comford, off-road ability.. 

nortonpdj | 5 years ago
1 like

You could change the cassette to a 30 or even a 32. And despite what Shimano say, both will work with a short cage if you adjust the b screw.

The Gavalier | 5 years ago
2 likes

Bear in mind that it’s got a CX 46/36 chainset too. 

Latest Comments