Home

Hello all,

I cannot get Cube Attain GTC PRO disc 2017 in 56 cm so I decided to look elsewhere for a bike I could fit wider tyre on. Gravel bike. Found this one, but I cannot find any reviews. Specs look really good, full carbon, ultegra, for 1000 GBP? What am I missing? Ok breaks seems to be bad, but still mechanical disc. What bothers me is only 11-28 in the back, I think climbing with this bike will be hard. Other than that, some very good specs and I could not find better bike for this price, at least not full carbon + ultegra + wide tyre clearance + more endurance riding positions which is all I am looking for. 

https://www.merlincycles.com/blue-prosecco-ex-ultegra-carbon-gravel-bike...

thanks for help

Tomaz

7 comments

The Gavalier [94 posts] 5 months ago
2 likes

Bear in mind that it’s got a CX 46/36 chainset too. 

nortonpdj [223 posts] 5 months ago
1 like

You could change the cassette to a 30 or even a 32. And despite what Shimano say, both will work with a short cage if you adjust the b screw.

Tomaz26 [1 post] 5 months ago
0 likes

Yep, this worries me. Front and back  1 Compared to my current Cube Cross which has 26/36/46 and I use 26 front and 30 back on steep climbs..  Bike has 13 kg and schwalbe marathon tour plus tyres (950g) each, so this does make difference too I guess.. 

Still not sure if this getting new bike is such good idea after all. Less gears and when I put light slicks on my hybrid it goes fast too, and without drop-outs so more leasure ride..  1 

It is hard to have everything in one bike I guess  1 You either sacrifice speed, comford, off-road ability.. 

ChrisB200SX [861 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes

I've not seen that before, looks good. I'd suggest a compact chainset would be better.

28T cassette on 34T ring is low enough for most. I've used my bottom gear for Streatley Hill when I was unfit, and possibly some bigger climbs in Surrey and up the South Downs from Eastbourne.

ChasP [48 posts] 5 months ago
2 likes

You're missing the fact that you're looking for a 56cm and it's only available in 51cm and 53.5cm?

alotronic [590 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes
ChasP wrote:

You're missing the fact that you're looking for a 56cm and it's only available in 51cm and 53.5cm?

Indeed, that would be just about a bit too small for me and I am 175cm, so unless OP is very short bodied and short armed the 53.5 (md) would probably not work...

Vejnemojnen [289 posts] 5 months ago
0 likes
ChrisB200SX wrote:

I've not seen that before, looks good. I'd suggest a compact chainset would be better.

28T cassette on 34T ring is low enough for most. I've used my bottom gear for Streatley Hill when I was unfit, and possibly some bigger climbs in Surrey and up the South Downs from Eastbourne.

36t inner ring classifies as compact. 46t outer ring is more than enough.

a 12-28 cassette with 34t inner-46 outer could be even better