Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro d'Italia - Stage 11

Unpredictable day today.  After a poor weekend and finding myself 200 points down on the lead I've decided it's time for a hail mary.

Four transfers for me today (including two penalties)

Out: Nizzolo, Ferrari, Appollonio, Tjallingii

In: Pirazzi, De Gendt, Hansen, Bandiera

Which gives me: Evans, Pirazzi, De Gendt, Hansen, Bouhanni, Mezgec, Swift, Bandiera, Colli

In theory I'm covered against both a sprint (unlikely) and breakaway. The only result that would really scupper my chances would be a GC shoot-out on the final climb/descent

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

55 comments

Alan Tullett | 9 years ago
0 likes

102 today and I didn't know about Matthews. Maybe I'll check my email in the morning before I leave for work.

Should have a full team for the ITT and a spare transfer.

These stages just weren't risking anything on but I am surprised a bigger break didn't stick today.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

77 points; I thought that was poor but actually seems OK. Still, dropped out of the top 20 overall.

Call me coconuts, but I don't have a single Movistar rider in for tomorrow...

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

I should've brought Kelderman in a while ago; instead I made do with Aru to fit Monsalve in on the hunch that he'd get break points (which he has, just not many).

Next round of transfers I'll be bringing in a second 3.0 randomer so I can make the best use of the remaining seven berths.

I reckon Kelderman will go well tomorrow and could be topping the young rider classification by the end of it. I toyed with hipsters' favourite Zoidl, but instead have put a whole English pound on him to win at the bookies. 100/1! Almost certainly a waste of a pound. I chose Hepburn over him.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Too long (and rolling) for Hepburn in my opinion (and based on Orica quotes, im thinking they think the same).

This is my team with 20 penalties (ive gone Malori despite his crash, as id rather have him and him not go well, than not have him and him win)

Malroi (for Ulissi)
Castroveijo (for Hansen)
Monfort (for Godoy)
Rogers (for Chicchi)
Kelderman
Evans
Majka
Uran
Arredondo

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've gone 1 penalty and already have Nizzolo in for Friday.

Cadel Evans (BMC)
Rafal Majka (TSB)
Rigoberto Uran (OPQ)
Giacomo Nizzolo (TFR)
Wilco Kelderman (BLK)
Riccardo Zoidl (TFR)
Fabio Aru (AST)
Adriano Malori (MOV)
Marco Bandiera (AND)

Found it a very difficult call and also fancied De Gendt, Ludvigsson and Cataldo but decided against an extra transfer.

TERatcliffe26 | 9 years ago
0 likes

I fancied Ludvigsson, but couldn't afford so went for Monfort. Also considered De Gendt and Zoidl, but in the end left them out.

Actually fancy Kelderman for the win.
Think Evans, Malori, Castro and a surprise will end up in the top 5 (maybe someone like Weening or Hesjedal, who I nearly punted on but went Rogers instead)

Rogers and Uran to top 10, along with Ludvigsson, Zoidl and Monfort. De Gendt somewhere between 10-15

Majka, Pozz, Aru, Basso, Kiserlovksi Quintana to end up somewhere between 15th and 30th, but without loosing much on each other, maybe Kis to loose most.

Kelderman to be big winner either way and finish 3rd on GC after the stage, Uran doing just enough to hold onto 2nd

Twybaydos | 9 years ago
0 likes

Per the spreadsheet Wilco was always coming in today. Should have been in yesterday though, missed 28 points.

Malori fell today, either that gets him super stoked for the win or damaged. De Gendt is too inconsistent, Hepburn was knackered last week and I don't think anything has changed.

Decisions decisions....

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

The way I looked at it was those in the chase would be putting in 100%, as will a couple of people who have targeted the stage. The others, as seen in previous Grand Tours will not be wasting all their energy with 10 stages still to come.

Alan Tullett replied to Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes
Ghedebrav wrote:

77 points; I thought that was poor but actually seems OK. Still, dropped out of the top 20 overall.

Call me coconuts, but I don't have a single Movistar rider in for tomorrow...

I have one. The first time for a while though. They haven't dominated like people thought they would but we still have the real Giro yet. Bit of a slow burner this one.

Ghedebrav | 9 years ago
0 likes

A rare win for Rogers! Well done! Make no misteak... err, I mean mistake...

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Still the same stage winner, bow with the 4 points that I had missed out

1 loiola errekarte 144

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Still the same stage winner...

I have techinical difficulties in my head... I don't understand how it is you can announce the stage winner this second time but the game is still updating... Do you go look for the stage winner and then run the update?... Does the process take a lot longer than just correcting the number? Does the database have to refresh the whole daily, race and competition score for every team?... I really don't understand these things and I find it confusing that you're able to share who's won the stage but the system says it is still updating...  39

rcorbin replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

I have techinical difficulties in my head... I don't understand how it is you can announce the stage winner this second time but the game is still updating... Do you go look for the stage winner and then run the update?... Does the process take a lot longer than just correcting the number? Does the database have to refresh the whole daily, race and competition score for every team?... I really don't understand these things and I find it confusing that you're able to share who's won the stage but the system says it is still updating...  39

admins can see the update before everyone else can

Gkam84 replied to enrique | 9 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

As the update is running, the game admins still have access to the game while everyone else gets "the game is updating" or whatever you see.

This is why, when someone comes on the forum as says. It is stuck in updating mode. We cannot actually see that page.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

47 points after 30 point penalty, i suppose it could have been a lot worse  2

only 1 penalty transfer for tomorrow which is a relief.

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

My bad, I did the mountains scores wrong, just redoing them  40

dave atkinson | 9 years ago
0 likes

40 points today which looks more or less the average. penalties for tomorrow. and the day after that. and the day after that  39

Gmancervelo | 9 years ago
0 likes

Should Arredondo be on 31? 10 (11th) +5 (leader KOM) +8*2 (1st Cat 2)?

rcorbin | 9 years ago
0 likes

Appolino just tweeted he missed time by 16 seconds and rode the last 200km alone!! Harsh

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

6 transfers (40 penalties) made for tomorrow. My race is done.

Top tip #2: chasing the break is a chumps game

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Just firing through another update, Quagmire (Perrig Quemeneur) got the combativity award today

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I thought it would be worse.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I thought it would be worse.

Some gains for me, sticking by Kelderman with tomorrow in mind was well worth it.3,11,13,17 was decent enough + points from Majka and Ulissi gave me 115. Seems my Hansen risk cost me nothing really in the end.

drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes

8 points.

8 points!

8 points!?

I hate this game.

enrique replied to drheaton | 9 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

8 points.

8 points!

8 points!?

I hate this game.

You made me laugh...  41

Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes

Looking forward to the update to see how far I've slipped down the table after a poor day.

Gkam84 replied to Joelsim | 9 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

Looking forward to the update to see how far I've slipped down the table after a poor day.

Down 2 in overall

Standard Giro d'Italia: Stage 11: Collecchio > Savona 78
Purist Giro d'Italia: Stage 11: Collecchio > Savona 45

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Provisional winner today is
1 loiola errekarte 140

I say provisional, because there are no Fuga points listed yet, I doubt there will be because the break was always bigger than 11, so I'll wait and see

yann le coz | 9 years ago
0 likes

That last minute change Matthews out Rogers in was well worth the 10 penalty points!

Gkam84 | 9 years ago
0 likes

177 DNF Nicola RUFFONI ITA BAR 24
178 DNF Davide APPOLLONIO ITA ALM 25
179 DNF Fabian WEGMANN GER GRS 34
180 DNF Luke DURBRIDGE AUS OGE 23
181 DNS Michael MATTHEWS AUS OGE 24

Pages

Latest Comments