Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France

Yeah, finally a GT. 

Looking forward to this. Lots of unknowns with form and injuries for those riding and many fallen by the wayside before a wheel is turned. 

Buchmann and Schachmann both named officially as starting despite their injuries...nice....or is that Nice.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

65 comments

SirruslyFast | 3 years ago
1 like

Arg. So close to securing the top 20 badge in the purist league. Having been in the top 15 for  2+ weeks, I missed out by a point! 

einypw | 3 years ago
1 like

Saved transfers paid off in the end..

Sniffer replied to einypw | 3 years ago
0 likes

Well done. I think you had both Kiwato and Carapaz on Stage 18 which was inspired.

einypw replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks sniffer yes had them both was very tight.

Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

I am in the over analysis state tonight.  My head is spinning.

With no clear view on tomorrow maybe doing little to nothing will be the best strategy.

With mountains, flattish stage, a TT and a sprint to come, maybe extra transfers will be a godsend at the end.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

It's a real dilemma -  keeping Sagan in looks a good move. Guaranteed 10+ points per stage especially on the lottery stages. Wish I had left him in, but then with the benefit  hindsight we would all be unbeatable! 

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

If I had gone one more transfer it would have been Carapaz. Classic hard luck story.

Not really hit the breakaways right this week.

stevemarks replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

Made a bit of a mess of it last two days trying to save transfers. Now still in no mans land with a team I know is poor and no ability to change it. I'm just going to enjot the racing.

11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Wow, that was a truly unpleasant climb - was like watching in slow motion!

Condor Andy | 3 years ago
0 likes

I have 5 transfers left! 

Condor Andy replied to Condor Andy | 3 years ago
1 like

Make that 3 transfers

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 3 years ago
0 likes

Well its testing day today.  You can't use them if the race ends!

I only thought about testing day after I set my team up for Tuesday.  Lets hope anyone I transferred in doesn't test positive (though someones health is more important than my team).

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 3 years ago
0 likes

I have 8, wasted a few early on but it's now quite difficult as I was anticipating a few GC days this week but it looks like we may be in for lots of breakaways.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 3 years ago
0 likes

13 left for me.

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Me too.  Not that the ones I used today were any good.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

15 for me but wasted a couple today. Have thrown a lot of darts at the breakaway dartboard without much success. Trying to remain disciplined but there is always a 3 mill Quentin Pacher tempting me.....

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Went all in for a GC finish today...I won't be doing that again. 

Alaphilippe looks completely shot now....has he gone too deep in the first half of this tour?

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Classic hard luck story from me. Made my sure fire GC transfers then decided my wildcard pick over a cup of coffee... do I go Martinez or Gaudu? Suffice to say I really couldn't enjoy the stage after plumping for the Frenchman! 

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

I bet you'll enjoy it more than I do today. Had something of an emergency as my son left the house without us knowing (Down syndrome). Missed the deadline looking for him....I'm now relying on pts from Bardet (doh).

Mind you...in this game missing a transfer is actually better than making a bad pick because you still have the chance to use it on another day...so it's just a postponed transfer really. I almost went for Gaudu yesterday as well btw. 

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
1 like

I hope everything turned out ok with your son. When real life kicks in it does remind us that the game is simply that - a game. A saved transfer gives you hope, a bad one causes irrational hurt! 

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
3 likes

He's done it before. We were running around looking for him everywhere...turns out he'd spotted next door but ones bin was out because they're away. He'd taken it back into their back garden and was sat there happy as Larry on their swing seat. Stress, stress, stress. We've had to have police out looking for him a couple of times.

Gkam84 | 3 years ago
1 like

I think Sammy Bennett plays the game, two days in a row, he's rolled in dead last, boosting his points by 10 laugh

Dr Winston replied to Gkam84 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Gkam84 wrote:

I think Sammy Bennett plays the game, two days in a row, he's rolled in dead last, boosting his points by 10 laugh

Sheesh. I don't think he's going to complete this tour...50/50 at best...He looked completely gone today, and Ewan not much better.

Gkam84 replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

I think he'll be fine, His team are going to get him through, although if Sagan gets some more points, he might pull out when green isn't going to be his.

I think it's more likely that the government close the race down. 10000 new infections a day and the prime minister saying today that there is a "clear worsening in France" and while he didn't implement a full lockdown, he gave areas more control, they can even dictate business hours that shops can be open.

They are calling it a "second wave" the problem is, it never went away in France and now with their biggest figures since the pandemic began, it's daft to continue racing through the country. Especially with teams hiding ill staff who are being sent away before testing, plus only testing on rest days to avoid any team being sent home for two positives (riders and staff) within 7 days...

Dr Winston replied to Gkam84 | 3 years ago
2 likes

TBH I thought it was madness to run the tour. Even if it finishes it doesn't stop the fact that it was incredibly risky and dangerous.

On the other hand. The very best thing about this tour is that it looks like something very close to "normal" sport on tv...and it's been great for that. As somebody stuck indoors more than is good for me it's been a god send.

stevemarks | 3 years ago
0 likes

So bought in 6 sprinters today, I am always trying to save the transfers but can never stop myself on days like today. I have 21 left and i'm going to need at least 6 on Thursday/Friday which is 15 for the weekend and last week. Is it enough? any views? How is everyone else faring with transfers?

Condor Andy replied to stevemarks | 3 years ago
0 likes

Much worse than you 

I've got 16 left, but after tomorrow I'm making 4 changes and leaving it for a while.

Sniffer replied to stevemarks | 3 years ago
0 likes

Still 19 with 9 stages left.  Might have got today wrong.  Thought a bigger break was going to hoover up the intermediate sprint points.

Sniffer replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

Actually, it might have worked out in the end.

Dr Winston replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

Actually, it might have worked out in the end.

Good to see Schachmann very much back in the game. I didn't pick him but nice to know he's fit and ready now.

Pages

Latest Comments