Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

SJS Cycles - excellent service

I contacted SJS Cycles after a failed stand light in a dynamo headlight.

They replied shortly after: apologising for inconvenience, a replacement light would be sent out the next day -free of charge - with no need to send back the faulty light.

The new light arrived promptly via tracked and signed delivery.

In my view, that's excellent customer service, and it's fair to commend how well they dealt with this. I'm not affiliated with the shop at all, only a happy customer.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

Jem PT | 2 years ago
0 likes

I use SJS too, mainly for Brompton bits, and they are great.

Captain Badger | 2 years ago
0 likes

I bought a Robert Axle Project thru axle for a BOB  Yak. Both RAP and SJS were fantastic as (due to my weird non standard axle) I ended up with the wrong product. Both gave advice, and communicated between each other until resolved

Would definitely recommend both companies

matthewn5 | 2 years ago
2 likes

I've also had absolutely excellent service from SJS for years, as you say, even for small annoying parts they will answer queries and offer advice. Really a great business.

kil0ran | 2 years ago
4 likes

Consistently awesome, particularly for spares and repair parts. Not usually the fastest or the cheapest but there's no better customer service and advice in the industry.

Dnnnnnn | 2 years ago
1 like

My experience - first-and-secondhand - is also very good. Kudos to SJS.

Woldsman | 2 years ago
3 likes

I recently bought a Shimano 5603 front mech from SJS which - unlike so much NOS kit - hadn't seen its price rocket.  Put a few other small items in the basket to feel better about the P&P.  I intend to use SJS Cycles more often as a first choice rather than going with the usual suspects.  

Grahamd | 2 years ago
5 likes

Wholeheartedly agree, which is why I posted this:

https://road.cc/content/forum/supplier-recognition-sjs-cycles-276267

TheBillder replied to Grahamd | 2 years ago
5 likes

And from that thread, this total gem:

kil0ran wrote:

They're basically the A-Team of cycle fettling.

Nixster | 2 years ago
6 likes

I have used them many times for things that nobody else seems to stock, they are  a real life line.  Alright £3 for a bolt may seem expensive sometimes but if the alternative is junking a much larger bit of kit then its good value and doing its bit for the planet too.

emjay49 | 2 years ago
6 likes

Plus one for SJS ..... cracking little business and really useful for small parts which no one else seems to stock.

hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
9 likes

I've bought from them, but never experienced their customer service which in itself is a good sign.

TheBillder | 2 years ago
6 likes

My experience is also excellent: they are very helpful even when questioned about small, cheap parts.

Latest Comments